JYD Agency

Where U At?

On a humid day in July 2011, Dong Young Bae has sent his resume to plenty of companies who require his dancing expertise. He longed for a day to back up dance for his favorite singers whom he idolized since his childhood. At around 7:00 p.m., his cellphone rang while he was out with his friends having dinner. The text said, "Mr. Dong Young Bae, I am pleased to announce that JYD Agency is offering you a four year contract as a professional dancer, please come by our office by July,31,2011. Thank you very much." Dong Young Bae screamed for joy accompanied by loud shouts of excitement from his comrades. The restaurant told them to be quiet, for they were disturbing other customers. Dong Young Bae has set his sights and promised himself to work hard and perservere.

Meanwhile, Korean Pop singer Jessica Jung has just finished a concert in Daegu and was finally headed home after six hours! She was so relieved that she could rest in the comfort of her home. She loved to perform and see her fans but the fatigue of such a profession caused great stress to Jessica. She asked her manager, "How long until we get to Seoul?". "Around 3-4 hours, just relax and rest in the van" the manager said. She sighed and put her head on the headrest in the front seat of the van. She knew that she wouldn't have much time to sleep, and she REALLY likes to sleep because she is preparing for her new digital single. She would have new back up dancers, new routine, audio recording, music video, etc. It was so stressful thinking about it in her mind. "Argh...I just can't wait to sleep on my comfy bed..XP"

"The day has finally come!", thought Young Bae, "I am finally going to be a professional dancer! hehe =)" He took a bus to JYD Agency due to having no car at the moment. "Hmm....this must be it", he said. It was a huge three story building with a beautiful design. "Wooow...so beautiful", he walked inside and the lobby was AMAZING. Artistic decorations and posters and awards from famous singers in the hallway and expensive furniture and whatnot. Dong Young Bae could not believe such a honorable company desired his assistance. He approached the front desk and asked the clerk where the president's office was. "Third floor", she said. "Thank you very much". He went into the elevator and admired the interior. He soon reached the President's office and politely greeted him. " It is a pleasure to meet you Mr. Dong Young Bae" he said. "Thank you, it is a honor to meet you Mr. Yang Hyuk Suk". "The reason why I am offering you this contract is because I see great potential in you, I've seen your videos and incredible dance moves, not to mention a impressive resume". "Thank you" said Young Bae. "So if you would please sign the contract" said Mr. Yang. "Yes, of course" said Young Bae. "Oh, and do you mind your stage name be Taeyang to represent your identity as a professional dancer?" Mr. Yang asked. "Haha cool! =)" Young Bae said. From now on, he would be called Taeyang in the company. Only close friends and family would call him Young Bae. They shook hands and smiled. "You will start tomorrow, as one of the female singers need back up dancers". "Yes sir!" said Taeyang. As he left the building, he couldn't stop smiling. He has accomplished his goal, now he must dedicate himself to his profession.

Fall has arrived and it was a chilly day in August, Jessica Jung has just finished the audio recording and photos for the single, now she was preparing for the dance routine. "Where U At seems like a fun dance pop track, hope I will do well" said Jessica. "I will try my best!" she told the choreographer. Then five dancers came in the studio, amongst them was Taeyang! She greeted all of them politely. "Nice to meet you and let's work hard!" said Jessica. Taeyang couldn't believe his eyes.....He saw a goddess in front of him