Episode 13: Planning a Party (Part 2)

We Got Married: ChangYoon Edition [Hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Scene opens where the last episode left off. Changmin and Yoona are seen close together, their eyes wide in surprise as they looked at the cluster of people in front of them…]

The couple stood shocked still as a group of their peers walked towards them. Changmin could hardly believe his eyes, let alone muster the strength to close his jaw as it hung open in disbelief. Yoona was in a daze herself (albeit a happier one), her grin threatening to split her face while still cupped in Changmin’s hands. Neither of them noticed their proximity until their new companions started to snicker—and then loudly once the couple gathered their bearings and leapt away from each other, blushing furiously.

JYJ’s Kim Jaejoong was the loudest of the group of people making fun of them. His eyes twinkled brightly as Changmin was finally able to close his mouth and look back at him without a bewildered expression, grinning widely as he took another step forward, raised a hand, waved and said, “Hiya, maknae. How are you doing?”

“Jae-joong H-hyung…” Changmin stuttered, looking at Yoona for help. His ‘wife’ could only shrug in response, turning her head back to smile brightly at Jaejoong and their surprise guests.

Forming a half-circle around them, Yoona saw Yunho standing off the side wearing a fitted jacket and jeans, shaking his head as the scene unfolded. Sooyoung was right beside him wrinkling her nose at her, a gesture that Yoona instantly recognized was her friend’s way of subtle ribbing for what had (almost) happened between her and Changmin before their arrival. Cheon Sang Ji Hee’s Dana completed the surprise group of guests

“Jaejoong-oppa, long time no see!” She greeted, holding up her own hand to high-five the older man before turning to greet the others and leaving her stammering husband behind.

Yoona let herself be engulfed in a good natured hug with their female guests, squished in between her mentor, Dana and Sooyoung before turning to high-five with Yunho as well, smiling wide when he patted her head after—a habit of his that he did to every female in their company.

It was a little surreal, seeing the four of them together though her surprise was more directed towards Dana and Jaejoong’s appearances more than anything else. Not so unlike Jaejoong, Dana had been busy with solo projects outside of the company, starring in several musicals in the span of the recent years. She had been away from the K-Pop business for awhile but was still under SM, working her way under the radar and making good for herself without much help. Jaejoong, on the other hand, had a number of activities going on for him. With drama and movie roles piling up as he and the other two members worked on their album as a new group, he had quickly become one of most sought after commodities in the industry.

“This is so weird.”

Changmin’s simple but childishly toned statement made everyone laugh and ease the underlying tension. It was obvious to the camera that the snickering he got from his colleagues embarrassed him a bit so he huffed at Yoona’s back as he moved to cross his arms over his chest.

“It is! It is weird!” he argued, getting sick of the continuing chuckles and pulled on the back of her shirt. Yoona stood easily by his side after a couple of tugs, hooking her arm around his and patting the hand that had pulled her back with a huge smile.

 

[ (The MCs laugh and shake their head while watching the group on TV)

MC#1: They’ve completely forgotten that they should be moving things along!

MC#2: I think if we were there, we’d be distracted by all of their presence.
(points at Yoona rubbing a hand over the the arm she had hooked with hers, squealing)
And look at that! Skinship once again!

MC#1: I wonder just how truly close have they gotten in the last 100 days?
Or have they always been like this and just never noticed? ]

 

Changmin: I already said it a couple of times before but… filming the episode was really weird. Fun, I guess, but weird.

Yoona: We were really surprised to see our colleagues there! And it was such an eclectic bunch too. Definitely not anyone we actually expected to be guests in one of our episodes.

Were you uncomfortable to have people witness the two of you together while filming the show?

Changmin: I wouldn’t call it uncomfortable because of that reason, since everyone knows that Yoona and I are on this program. It was just… strange, I guess, for my part because I hadn’t expected Jaejoong-hyung to be there.

Yoona: Jaejoong-oppa was truly the biggest surprise. (pauses then slowly smiles) But in a way, he was also the best person to have come join us for the party planning and preparation. He’s always been a social butterfly so when things got a little awkward, we could count on him to make a comment that would lighten the mood. And believe me, there were a couple of awkward moments.

Changmin: We needed a lot of comments to lighten the mood.

Yoona said the same thing.

Changmin: Oh really? (grins) Well, we were of the same mind that day. The whole time we were filming, I wasn’t sure what I really… felt with having him there. It was surreal. I was only able to push through because of Yoona.

Yoona: (laughing) Changmin-

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter