Episode 12: Planning a Party (Part 1)

We Got Married: ChangYoon Edition [Hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Scene opens to a split screen showing two women on the left side and two men on the other. The women are huddled together and chatting while the men are slightly less noticeably distant from one another. Their backs are all turned to the camera…]

 

[ MC#1: Oh, who are they?

MC#2: Do we have new couples lined up that we didn’t know about? ]

 

[The camera cuts to the ChangYoon couple’s apartment where said couple is found getting ready for their day.]

Yoona: (smiles wide for the camera) In three days time, Changmin-oppa and I will be marking the 100th day anniversary of our official pairing in <We Got Married> together.

Really? Time sure flies fast! What are you both planning to do about it?

Yoona: We’re going to follow what the mission card says.

Which is?

Changmin: (reads the mission card) ‘With your 100th day fast approaching, plan a housewarming party to commemorate the event of your marriage.’ (folds the paper before blinking back at the camera) You’d think there’ be more but that’s all it says. Unless you’re hiding something from us…

Maybe we are. Are you excited anyway to celebrate your 100th day?

Yoona: I am. I honestly don’t see Oppa often even though we’re in the same company so since we’re in this show together it’s like I’m getting to know him all over again. We haven’t done a lot together since joining the cast of the show. I’m honestly a little disappointed.

Changmin: We’ve been really busy these past few weeks that I hardly noticed the days fly by. It feels like Yoona and I haven’t really done much as a couple. It’s a little disappointing to be honest. (pauses) I kind of wanted to do more with her alone before sharing our marriage to our friends. But then with our schedules, it’s hard to come by enough time to be alone. Oh well.

But are you excited to plan for that day?

Changmin: (grins) Of course I am.

 

It was Day 3 of living with Yoona in their WGM house together and so far it’s been… different.

Changmin had lived with girls for most of his formative years and knew (more or less) the dos and don’ts when living with a female but this was an unusual case. He was living with a female he’d known for years but never really got to spend time with until they’d been into a program that required for them to act as man and wife. That in itself was reason enough for things to feel a little weird, but even more was the fact that it felt uncommonly natural to live with Yoona in the same space too.

He found that the image of Yoona pulling out cups and making tea in their kitchen was a welcome thing. He liked how her voice sounded like in the morning, still a little thick with sleep, while asking if he wanted one lump or two of sugar in his cup. He liked watching her rub her eyes a little and yawn while she stirred the liquid in their cups before bringing them to him and sitting down, her smile wide as she tucked her hair back and wiped her hands on the front of her jeans.

The show actually allowed them to have time to actually get to know each other and it was something he actually liked about the reality program. He wasn’t very good with most people. It took time for him to befriend a person and even more time for said person to be comfortable with him as well. Because of this, Changmin didn’t think he’d be this comfortable with her in such a short time. The sporadic conversations they had shared over the years were nothing compared to the amount of time he’s spent talking things over with her the past three days.

And for the life of him, Changmin couldn’t find one game-changing flaw for him to pick at. Yoona was nice, and he liked her company. This was easiest (and most comfortable) relationship he’d had in a very long time.

“Have you thought about what we should do for the party?” Yoona asked, bringing him out of his thoughts.

She had her eyebrow quirked up at him, waiting for him to reply. He had thought about what they should do but he’d never been quite comfortable setting up a party. Changmin hadn’t gone to many parties before and had very little experience preparing one. He wouldn’t know where to start, even if he did have ideas.

“I usually just attend parties, not set them up.” He replied finally, sipping his tea. “But I do think the party should be small. Miniscule even.”

Yoona nodded gamely at that last statement. “I thought so too. I don’t think our house would fit that many people either. Maybe just a few of people; ten at the most and that’s already pushing it.”

“So I can’t invite the whole of Kyu-line and you can’t invite all of So Nyeo Shi Dae.” Changmin deadpanned, grinning as Yoona rolled her eyes at him.

“We can if they’ll only drop by at different intervals. Our house isn’t all that big… our living room would barely fit everyone if we all sat down and have the food laid out. Unless we make some of ‘em eat in the bathroom.” Her eyes danced at the thought, widening comically in conspiracy, “I vote we make Kyuhyun eat in the bathroom!”

Changmin laughed into his tea, almost spilling it as his hand shook with mirth. “Great idea, but we’ll never hear the end of it if we put him there alone. Let’s push someone else in. Like… Seohyun.”

“No! Sooyoung!” Yoona argued, shaking her head. Her grin suspiciously wide and bright as she continued speaking, “Seohyun’s reserved for only one vocalist and he’s in a band.”

“I can’t wait to see her elbow you for that comment.” Changmin chuckled, shaking his head as well. “Sooyoung will hit you for sure if she finds out you’re pushing Kyu at her. They’ll rip each other to shreds!”

“Which is why it’d be perfect! We’d have dinner and a show if they bicker!” She urged, laughing aloud as she threw her head back—and it only took Changmin a second to join in on her laughter.

Yoona could imagine the scene would go clearly in her head. It wasn’t an unknown fact in their company that Sooyoung and Kyuhyun liked to bicker like an old married couple but it would be new for the viewers of South Korea. It would also provide great entertainment at their party.

Or at least, it would definitely be entertaining for her and Changmin.

Yoona turned her head sideways to catch Changmin’s eye, only to find him already looking at her. He had a mysterious glint in his eye, as though he was trying to figure something out but what it could be was lost to her. She felt self-conscious under his gaze and shifted in her seat, bringing the cup to her lips almost hastily to avoid his eyes.

“So what about the food? Should we make it ourselves or order in?” she asked before downing the rest of her tea in one gulp. Wiping her lips sheepishly with the back of her hand, Yoona let her eyes flicker to her companion sitting stock still across from her. Changmin met her gaze evenly, weighing the question in his head as though it was a matter of life and death.

“I’m not sure I want us to purposefully burn the house down so ear

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter