Engagement Party

After all this time

 

 

While getting ready for the night, i suddenly remembered that i didn't go to the airport to meet the Pilot person. Now everything was just a waste. All my hard work, abandoning my movie for a week, leaving and lying to Taeyeon, losing my bag, meeting Nichkhun. It was all a waste. I realized that i was never going to see the pilot guy ever again. I wore the beautiful dress and had my hair up in a loose bun, wore my dangly earrings, blusher, lipstick, perfume, and my red heels. I took a deep breath and looked at myself in the mirror. I never had a dress that fit so perfectly and made me feel so grown up.

I went out of my room to find Nichkhun already there with a black tuxedo. He looked extremely handsome. Unlike usual times, he had a neat hairstyle, a cleaner look and he was smiling. "Wow, so pretty."

"My fairy godmother has good taste, don't you think?" I teased. Nichkhun gave a satisfactory smile and a wink.

"I can't resist the heels, although it makes me look short." Nichkhun confessed. He stood up from the sofa that he sat on and took my hand, and led me out of the house and to the car.

"How did you get it in my room?"

"I'm magician. Don't ask me stupid questions." He sniggered.

We arrived at the Grand Hotel and head to the hall, and half of me wanted to run away because the hall was filled with famous people that I've only seen on TV. There were a few Korean celebrities as well, but mainly american rich tycoon. "I'll be going to the ladies room first before going in, okay. Everyone here look so dressed up." I regretted saying that because i realized it was nichkhun that had bought my dress and i sounded as if i didn't appreciate what he had given. "I mean, i look terribly gorgeous, thanks to you, but my face needs some work."

Nichkhun, instead of being hurt, laughed. "You know you don't have to worry about how you look. Everyone here are too obnoxious and too self-conscious about how they look to even bother about yours."

"Hey that's good! But i gotta go anyway."

"Alright. Be fast, I'll go in first, okay."

After a short trip to the ladies room (i was so nervous!) , i went back and a man asked for my name before proceeding to the hall. Half of me expected him to look at me weirdly and asked where my mom was and why such a young girl like me would be at a high class party like this, but i gulped slowly and said "Tiffany... Miss... Hwang... Miss Tiffany Hwang." I said nervously. I didn't know what was wrong with me. He nodded and smiled.

"Miss Tiffany Hwang." He announced to everyone, but only few were looking. While going down the huge stairs, i could see Nichkhun looking and smiling at me, pointing towards me at his friend.

I went to him, and waited for him to introduce me to his friend. But he didn't. His friend was the one that talked to me first. "Who's this?" He said.

"Oh, this.. this is Tiffany. Tiffany, meet Daniel Henney." He said, as if he just realized i was there.

"Wait.... Daniel?" I said, finally realizing that it was Daniel. He had changed so much.

"Tiffany? Tiffany Hwang?! Wow! You look different!"

"It's the dress." I winked at Nichkhun, but his smile had faded.

"You two know each other?" Nichkhun asked coldly.

"Yeah. He was in my movie." I smiled, ignoring his cold looks.

"Hey, i heard that Dennis Oh is in your new movie! That's so cool, you do know that Dennis, David and I are good friends right? But Dennis couldn't make it today, but he'll come to the wedding." Daniel and I began to talk even more. We chatted for quite a while, laughing and reminiscing.

"Mr. Ok Taecyeon." The man on the stairs announced. I looked up at the stairs to find my pilot, looking as dashing as ever. My heart stopped and my hand started trembling. WHAT WAS HE DOING HERE? I felt nervous and weird but happy at the same time.

"Tiffany?" Daniel said, trying to get my attention but my eyes couldn't stop looking at Taecyeon.

I wanted to tell Nichkhun, but as i turned around, Nichkhun already left.

"T-That guy!"

"Ok Taecyeon? The Pilot?" He asked.

"I'm sorry, i need to find Nichkhun for a while." I said and left, i was looking everywhere for Nichkhun but he was no where to be found. Suddenly i saw a man talking to a girl. It was Nichkhun and Victoria. They were talking and giggling. I stood a few steps away from them awkwardly, to not interrupt, but Nichkhun realized i was there.

"Why, Fany ah?" Nichkhun asked innocently.

"Um, may i borrow him for a while?" I asked Victoria, who nodded but glared at me icily.

"What the hell? I thought you were too busy flirting with that bloody asian, Daniel Henney."

"He's half asian, and if you don't notice, YOUR VICTORIA IS BLOODY ASIAN, AND IM BLOODY ASIAN." I was suddenly angry at him.

"What do you want." He said, asking me to get to the point. "Victoria's waiting."

I could have yelled at him, but i didn't bother. I pointed towards Taecyeon. "That's my pilot guy."

"Your what?!"

"The reason why I'm here! The pilot guy! The one that i didn't know but i fell in love with anyway? Remember?"

"Ok Taecyeon?!"

"Yes, i am aware that his name is Ok Taecyeon!"

"He was my classmate for like 3 years when we were in high school. One of my best buddies!" Nichkhun smiled. "WAIT, YOURE IN LOVE WITH OK TAECYEON!?" He said, realizing that it was Taecyeon, his best friend that i was talking about.

"SHH! YAH IDIOT! Stop yelling, people can hear you!"

"They're too drunk to hear."

"Yah! What should i do now?" I said, fixing my hair and avoiding Taecyeon's look.

"Just act cool."

"I can't act cool, i already am." I said coolly.

Nichkhun gave a sly smile. "Keep talking like that, you're on the right path. He'll love you now."

"Shut up."

I finally panicked when Taecyeon suddenly came towards us with a smile.

"Yah. Thai prince! I didn't know you'd come! I was going to visit your house tomorrow, but guess i don't have to now." He said, giving Nichkhun a complicated high five.

"Of course i would come! You think you're the only one that is in the same class as Victoria during high school? I am too!"

"Wait, so you're Thai? You're the Thai Prince?! YOURE BLOODY ASIAN TOO GODDAMMIT." I yelled unknowingly. i forgot that Taecyeon was there with us. Nichkhun looked at me, shocked.

Taecyeon on the other hand, enjoyed this. "Yes, he's a bloody asian." He was still laughing. "I'm Taecyeon by the way."

"Tiffany. I've met you before."

"Really?"

"Yeah. 3 years ago."

"Wow, that's quite a long time ago."

Nichkhun only stared at us. I stared back at him, and he made a disgusted face. 

"Yaa, you met the famous adorable couple already!" David suddenly said, tapping Taecyeon's back.

"Couple?" Nichkhun, Taecyeon and I said in unison.

"Yeah, Tiffany and Nichkhun. Adorable aren't they? Can't get their eyes off each other."

before i could say anything, Nichkhun grabbed my wrist and smiled. "Well.. it's too soon to say anything about our relationship... but it's going well!" He smiled at me. "I might even introduce her to my mother."

in my head, i was cursing in seven different languages. WHAT?! WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT?!

David chuckled. "Maybe we should have a double wedding!" He gave a hearty big laugh. "See. Victoria insisted not to invite you because she thought you'd still be too in love with her, but i guess she has nothing to worry about!"

Nichkhun's smile faded, and he cleared his throat. "Nahh." He lied. "I'm too in love with this person." He looked at me in a way that i could vomit.

Taecyeon didn't say anything but smiled. I stepped on Nichkhun's foot and pretended as if it was an accident. He whimpered in pain, but continued to smile.

"yeah. I guess we should move on somehow, right?" David smiled

"Yeah, we should move on! Even after THREE years, we should move on somehow!" Nichkhun said, glaring at me and gave an evil smile. He emphasized the three years part because he knew i had been in love with Taecyeon for three years.

"You know... excuse us.... Nichkhun, i think we need to dance... and talk!" I grabbed his wrist and dragged him to the dancefloor. We started dancing to the slow jazzy song, but i was so angry i accidentally stepped on his foot.

"OUCH. Becareful!!"

"WHAT the hell were you thinking?!" I said in frustration.

"What do you mean? Don't you want to have a little fun?"

"A little fun? it seems as if you're the one that's having fun! Are you drunk?!"

"Drunk? Me? Noooo." He smiled.

I sighed. "This wasn't in our contract."

"Our contract wasn't in our contract..." He smirked. "Okay, so i improvised a little, but that's what made it much fun. Didn't you see how jealous Taecyeon looked? He thinks i got the most beautiful woman in the room!" He grabbed me closer to him.

I blushed a little as we danced. "The most beautiful girl in the room? Do you really think that?"

"No... i think he thinks that. The most beautiful girl in the room is dancing with her fiance!" He sighed, looking at Victoria who was dancing with David.

I stopped blushing and glared at him instead. "You're such a douche."

"yeah. I'm a douchey douche and you love me for it." He smirked again.

I laughed at the word douchey douche. "You are really drunk."

"No, im not!" He said, letting go of his tight grip at my waist and made his way to Victoria. "For old time-sake?" He offered his hand. Victoria looked at David for approval, and he nodded. I guess it was because he still thinks that Nichkhun was in love with me, and not his girl.


 He took her hand and they started dancing.

I sighed, watching them dance and seeing Nichkhun so happy  I walked away from the dancefloor in an exhausted, sad face and Taecyeon smiled.

"If... if you're not tired, may i have this honor to dance with you?"

I was a little shocked, but approved anyway. I worried about my horrible dance. I remembered stepping on Nichkhun's foot twice. Unlike Nichkhun, he gently placed his hand on my wait, and i did the same on his neck, and then we swayed to the music.

"Don't worry about Nichkhun." He said.

"Wh-what do you mean?"

"I see the way you looked at him when he danced with Victoria. He's like that sometimes, but by the way he looked at you, i think he likes you. "

"No, he doesn't." I said. "It's... it's not really what you think."

"I think he's a douche for doing that to you.."

"You mean a douchey douche?" I giggled.

He laughed. "You're funny."

"it wasn't my joke. Nichkhun created the word."

"You're still funny." taecyeon smiled. "Anyway where are you staying?"

"At Nichkhun's house. I actually live in Korea, but i'm here for a 5 days vacation."

We finished dancing and i sat quietly at a table. Taecyeon was somewhere else, and i can bet you my whole wardrobe that nichkhun was with Victoria. Daniel smiled at me and told me that he was leaving. "I'll see you soon , alright. You look beautiful by the way. I didn't get to tell you. You ran off." He said.

"Thank you."

He gave me a tight hug, then left.

"Did you see that man's shoes? Pure leather. Heard he's a millionaire now." a group of girls whispered. "And who's that girl?" I overheard the girls chuckling and gossiping about me.

"Heard she's a part-time millionaire. Heard she owns the hotel. Getting married to the magician, i think."

i almost laughed at the statement. Me? a part time millionaire? Well, it's half true... but i do not own a hotel!

"Getting married to the poor handsome man? Tell me you're joking! I saw his show last night. Earned a few thousands. Then i saw him going shopping for girl's clothes.  I bet it was for her!"

"How romantic!" The other girl said. "But i thought he used to have a thing for the future bride, Victoria."

"Lost his mind for that woman for a while.... Did you know the leather-shoed millionaire was the one that introduced David to Victoria?"

"Daniel ? Daniel Henney?"

"Yeah. David fell hard over Victoria in first sight. But She was in love with the magician. But the mother, insisted her to marry David, since he is wealthy."

I couldn't stand it anymore and left the table to avoid listening to the gossip. It was too hard to listen. My mind was roaming to every part of my brain, searching for something to say. Something to feel.

"Let's leave now." Nichkhun grabbed my hand.

"Oh, so you're done with Victoria Bloody Song?"

"Don't say that about her."

"Sorry. She doesn't deserve that. You're the one that deserves it." i said angrily

"What are you talking about? Are you drunk now?"

"So it's wrong if i'm drunk? What if you were the one that was drunk? It's okay?"

"Let's leave now before things start to get worse." He pulled my wrist and we got out of the hall, but still in the hotel. I tried to get his hand off of me, my tears couldn't stop flowing.

"Let me go." i insisted, pulling my hand away from him.

"Go where? There's no where for you to go! If you hate me that much, then don't worry, there's only about 3 days until you leave!"

I started crying even harder. "If you want me to leave that much, why don't i leave now?!"

"You have no where to go. Your stuff is at my house. You've got no choice."

I could feel everyone looking at us. I didn't know what to do, so i cried harder. "Jerk!" i muttered.

Without a warning, Nichhun hugged me. He hugged me so tight, that i couldn't even cry. I could only smell his strong perfume and i could only feel his breath. "I'm sorry. I deserved that. I don't know why you're crying, or why you're so upset with me. But i'm sorry. I know whatever the reason, it was because of me. And whatever that i did wrong to you, i'm sorry."

This made me cry.
He let go of the hug and wiped my tears. I looked around and saw Victoria looking at us, biting her lip. Then it occured to me that Nichkhun was only acting that way because Victoria was looking. He only did that to make her jealous.

"You're still a jerk." I said, rolling my eyes and walked off. He caught up and we went to the car in the parking lot, and left to go home.

Nichkhun drove us home. I sat still, silent. He didn't speak a word, either. We just played on the music on the radio and watched the rain outside. It was raining really heavily, and it explained how i feel. Rain was pouring in my heart, lightning strucked, everything was so miserable. But the rain made me feel a lot better, because it was my favourite weather.

We arrived home after about 20 minutes, and the house looked extra scary.

"I forgot to feed Lemon." Nichkhun said silently to himself, making his way towards the parakeet.

"You named your parakeet 'lemon'?" I burst into a fit of laughter.

He glared at me. "Don't laugh." He was trying not to laugh, but failed miserably.

"I'm sorry." i couldn't stop laughing. Lemon the Parakeet cooed.

Everything was fine again. Sort of.

It was all thanks to Lemon.

-------------------------------------

 

A/N : So you finally get to meet the Pilot a.k.a TAECYEON. and Daniel Henney!

What you found out in this whole fic so far  -

-Daniel Henney, Dennis Oh, and David are best friends. (the big three Ds)

- Wooyoung and Kyuhyun are best friends

- Wooyoung is Taeyeon's ex boyfriend

- Kyuhyun will have his revenge

- Taecyeon, Nichkhun and Victoria are classmates (Taecyeon and Nichkhun are best friends, taec calls him Thai Prince)

- victoria is nichkhun's ex (obvious, but this chapter confirms it)

- Daniel Henney was the one that introduced David to Victoria, Nichkhun hated Daniel for it

- Victoria's mom wouldnt let her be with nichkhun because he wasn't rich. (he's not exactly poor, but he's not rich)

- Nichkhun's bird is called Lemon. lol

Kyutae moments will be continued in next chappie.