Lette from a stranger.

After all this time

Tiffany's POV

I paid for both the parakeets, and the cage and went out of the pet store, then into the car. While driving, i started thinking about everything that had happened lately.

Taecyeon was being extra nice to me after what happened. He was always there to pick me up after film shooting, because Taeyeon will go on her secret date. She had been keeping everything from me these days. She never tell me anything now. It's like she doesn't want me to know who her date is. Like she doesn't trust me.

Nichkhun didn't call me, or send me an e-mail or send me a letter. He never made an effort. I was tired of waiting for him, i was tired of missing him. I was tired of him. I mean, come on. Why is he acting this way? Why didn't he just tell me he's with Victoria, instead of telling Taecyeon to pass the message? Was i not important enough for him? Why can't he make a decision? He just told me he was in love with me a few weeks ago and days later, i find out he's already with her? Why can't he make up his mind? Me? or Victoria? I was confused and even more irritated when i realized that I bought parakeets for that man. I didn't buy it for him, i'm buying it because i loved Lemon.

When i got home, Taeyeon was dressing up.

"Going somewhere?" I asked her curiously.

"Umm... just nowhere." She hesitated.

"Nowhere? The last time i searched that on Google Map, it says 'not found'," I said.

Taeyeon just blinked her eyes while trying to put on her new earrings.

"Taeyeon, why can't you just tell me?"

"It's not that easy. I'm not sure if... he and i will... be together. it's too complicated. Until i know what this all mean, i won't tell you." She sighed, and shrugged her bony shoulders.

"I thought we were best friends. I told you everything."

"No you don't. You never do anymore."

"What do you mean?!" I was getting angrier at this.

"YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT GOING TO VISIT YOUR PARENTS, DIDN'T YOU?"

"Its..."

"What ? It's complicated?"

"Who told you? Sungmin? Sunny?"

Taeyeon gasped at this. "Are you saying they know and i didn't?" Taeyeon shrieked. "AND by the way, NO. I called your parents to make sure you got there safely and they told me that you weren't there! You said we were best friends. You said I never told you anything. You didn't either. Admit it, Tiffany. You lied to me."

I couldn't speak as soon as she finished her last sentence. It stabbed me like a knife through my heart, and it was too deep. I felt guilty, a feeling of sadness and anger rushed through my veins. The parakeets were chirping loudly, filling the silence between the both of us. Taeyeon looked at me as if she was about to cry.

"I guess i know my answer now."  Taeyeon said, finalling breaking down into tears. She wiped it, and left.

I stood there, stoned, not saying or doing anything.

Dear Nichkhun,

I thought I'd help to ease your pain by buying you new parakeets. I think Lemon died because of loneliness. He was alone. So i bought two parakeets instead. You can name it whichever food you please. Then, i realized you weren't in pain at all. You are happy now that she is in your arms. And i'm glad if you do. I couldn't say or write much because of how much it pains me that i couldn't see you anymore. Taecyeon had been extra nice to me ever since you disappeared. He knew how worried I was. Where are you? When are you coming back? You need to take care of these parakeets. You need to come back home, to the long gallery and the red room and your room and your dusty living room, and back to the kitchen where you used to cook eggs and bacon for breakfast. You need to come back. When you do, promise you'll write back. I don't want to wait anymore.

I re-read the letter I wrote and put it in the envelope.

To : Taecyeon

From: Tiffany

Taec, can you meet me? You're the only one that knows where Nichkhun is, and you're going to America tomorrow, right? I need you to pass him something.

brriingg.

To : Tiffany

From : Taecyeon

Fine, i'll be at your house in 5 minutes.

Taecyeon came exactly on time, and he was shocked when i gave him the bird cage with the parakeets in it. "And here's the letter for him. DON'T read it, okay?" I warned him.

"I won't." He smiled. "You can trust me."

"I know i can." I smiled.

"But you didn't write your name, will he know who it's from?" He said, staring at the birds.

"Yeah, he'll know."

"Okay. Hey, let's go out for lunch." He smiled.

"I'm not hungry."

"I am! I'll cook, at my house. Come along? I need a company."

"Fine. Just this once."

He smiled in satisfaction.

"But before that, i need to write a note for my housemate." I said. I rushed over to my room to take a pen and a piece of paper.

Dear Taeyeon,

I'm sorry. It's my fault. it is always my fault. But you're right. You're not my best friend at all. You are my sister, you are my husband, you are my wife. Stay that way, okay? I'm going out with Taecyeon for a while.. When i get home, i promise i'll tell you everything from A to Z. I won't lie to you anymore or keep secrets from you.

Love, Tiffany.