#44

Bubbletea and Tears
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Time flew by and before the girl realized, it was the 28th of April once again. The leaves rustled in the spring breeze as Su Min walked up the sloppy hill where her grandmother was buried. This time however, things were slightly different.

" You're walking really slowly. " A man's voice sounded from further ahead as Su Min pulled a face in agony. " My legs aren't as long as yours. "

" Then you should have just reminded me. " Kai stated as a matter of fact while coming to a stop as Su Min hurried to catch up to where he was. He offered a palm to the girl which she took gratefully. Holding hands, the couple slowly strolled along the hilly country side before they finally came to a stop before a stone memorial.

 

" I'll go with you next year. "

" Would we still be in this relationship next year? "

 

Kai's words regarding his promise to visit her grandmother's tomb together on this very day last year suddenly rang in her mind. That had seemed such a long time ago. Who would have thought that his hand would actually be wrapped around hers willingly now?

 

" Grandmama, it's me again. "

Beside the girl, Kai cleared his throat awkwardly before shooting Su Min a look.

" Oh, and this is my boyfriend. Kim Jongin. " At the words, the girl couldn't help hiding a small smile which spread across her rosy cheeks.

" Are you really that happy to be my girlfriend? " Kai teased, enjoying how Su Min blushed so readily at his words. The man bowed respectfully to the tomb as he tightened his grip on his girl's hand.

" Hello. My name is Kim Jongin and I am your granddaughter's boyfriend. It's nice to meet you. "

A slight breeze rippled through the tall grass while the waft of flowers drifted all around the couple.

" I think she likes you. "

" You really think so? " Kai grinned cheekily as Su Min laughed freely. The man listened to the sound of Su Min's laughter with a warm heart before bending down to carefully place a single stalk of Lilly in front of the grave. Su Min waited for Kai to get up but he didn't. Still remaining on his knees, the man turned around to face the girl who had a look of surprise on her face.

" I wanted to do this for a long time but I needed your grandmother to be our witness. "

Su Min inhaled in shock as she figured out his true intentions. " K-Kai- "

" To be honest, I debated about saying some corny stuff like other boyfriends do. It seemed silly though, so all I have to say is Yoon Su Min, will you marry me? I swear to always be with you and never let my temper hurt you ever again. "

" I... I... Kai. We're still young and- "

" We were engaged before once. I'm not going to stand by and watch you have an opportunity to leave me again. Please? I need this. I need you. "

His dark eyes were burning with a desire so passionate that all Su Min could do was to stare back into those beautiful eyes of his.

" Will you? " Kai repeated while holding on to her gaze.

Unable to speak, Su Min gave a slow nod as she breathed unevenly. After all, what was there to say? She loved him and he loved her. That was that.

" Thank you. " He said simply. Taking her left hand, he kissed it gently before sliding a silver band around the fourth finger. " You're officially mine forever. "

Su Min could hear some strong emotion burning under the casual tone of his voice and she stared back into his intense gaze. The same emotion was there in his eyes as well. Something snapped inside her and she finally realized what emotion that was. Joy and victory.

Before she could think further, Kai's lips were pressing against hers. In an instant, he had his arms trapped around her as he lifted Su Min up while she clung on to him tightly. " I love you. " The man whispered roughly while he sat Su Min down on the ground gently. " And I'm glad that your grandmother was able to see that. "

" I'm sure she knows it too. "

 

-

 

Su Min shot a look at Kai for help as she curled up on the leather couch of their apartment. Ji Hyo was on the other end of the phone and she was yelling so loud that the man could hear every single syllabus that the girl was shouting.

" Maybe he had a valid reason?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter