#43

Bubbletea and Tears
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

" Luhan- " Su Min began when they approached him.

" Kahee's dead. " The man stated impassively as he gazed at the couple. Su Min silently left her boyfriend's side to stand beside the silent man. Wrapping her tiny palm over his huge one, the girl tentatively squeezed his hand gently. Luhan blinked slightly at her action before swallowing with difficulty.

" I... I didn't think that she would do something like this. "

" Neither did we. " Su Min muttered back as she looked at the tall man who remained completely frozen. She knew that Kahee had attempted to hurt herself previously but never did she expect the pregnant girl to actually do such a thing to herself and her baby. It was a painful and tragic incident and if Su Min knew that her being with Kai actually depressed the girl so much, she would have definitely done things differently. She shot a look at Kai who hadn't said a single word since his outburst in the car. His face was clouded over with a shadow of pain and guilt and his dark eyes were fixed on the floor.

" Jongin... "

Neither Kai nor Luhan made a sound. The silence in the air became so unbearable that the girl actually felt as though she was going crazy. For a whole moment, only the sounds of their breathing could be heard even though nurses and doctors alike paced up and down the corridor. It was as if the 3 were trapped in their own bubble of misery and mourning.

 

" She's gone and there is nothing that we can do about it. " Su Min decisively lifted up her head with determination. " Are you guys planning to stand here all day? "

Luhan opened his mouth to say something before a loud wail right behind them interrupted his train of thought. A middle-aged woman was sobbing in the corner while being supported by a nurse. Her face was lined with wrinkles and in that split second when Kai met her eye, a terrifying jolt went straight through his body. It was Kahee's mother.

He had recalled meeting the elder once when Kahee insisted they had dinner with her family. His ex-girlfriend may have been a tyrant at school but one thing that he knew about her was how much she valued her mother. No matter how y and arrogant Kahee behaved around others, the girl was never like that with her mum. In fact, Kai had almost envied the close relationship between both mother and daughter. When he found out about her mum refusing to visit her at the hospital, it gave him a pretty big shock. He would have presumed that nothing would ever be able to come between them.

A choked sob echoed from the old woman's throat as she tried visibly to stable her trembling hands. " I'm sorry...Kahee.. Mum is so sorry."

 

" Excuse me. " Kai whispered painfully while quickly turning around. Su Min watched him with worried eyes as he made his way swiftly across the long aisle before finally disappearing around a corner. The girl debated whether to follow him or remain here. She knew that he would want to be alone right now but seeing him like that made her anxious. She was horrified that he would start putting all the blame on himself. A deep exhale of breath beside her made Su Min turn her attention towards the still frozen Luhan.

" She didn't deserve this. " He murmured in a broken voice.

" Of course she didn't. "

" I know that she wasn't nice to you but she had her good points as well. "

" I know. " Su Min's hushed whisper made the man snap his head up. Luhan stared at the wall silently for a few minutes before finally turning to Su Min. " Go find Jongin. He's probably beating himself up internally right now. "

" You're not alright either. "

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter