#42

Bubbletea and Tears
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The phone beeped a couple of times before Kai groaned mentally to himself. It was a Saturday morning and both he and Su Min had stayed up late the previous night to watch a movie. His girlfriend was still completely knocked out on the bed beside him but the incessant ringing of the device had woken the man up.

Kai grudgingly snapped up his cell phone before leaving the room quietly to avoid waking Su Min up.

 

" Hello? "

" Hey son. How's Kahee's pregnancy doing? "

 

He blinked in recognition when Kai remembered that he had not informed his parents about Kahee's situation. All the drama going on had completely wiped away the fact that he had yet to tell his parents about everything.

 

" Dad, See, Kahee- "

" Kahee's baby isn't yours and you are back together with Su Min. I know. "

" Excuse me? "

" Don't forget what I am capable of, Jongin. Did you really think that your mother and I were oblivious to everything that had been going on in your life even though you were living away from us? "

 

Kai remained frozen as his grip tightened on the phone held beside his ear. That's right. His parents certainly weren't the average and typical mum and dad.

" Jongin? Are you listening to me? "

The man snapped back as his father's annoyed voice came through the speaker. " I'm here. "

" Su Min is a nice girl and since we did know her parents after all, obviously she would be a much better choice for you. We were pretty upset to hear about Mr Yoon's recent passing though. Take care of that girl, you sure had to create a lot of drama with Kahee didn't you? "

" I- "

" I am busy. I will talk to you another time kid. "

 

Without giving Kai a chance to reply, the man hung up leaving him slightly stunned. His parents had never really bothered to keep in contact with him. It had been this way since young. They were always busy with their work and businesses that he was hardly ever on their priority list.

Now that his father had actually called him, it was only to inform Kai of their knowledge about his life. To others, it may just seem as an innocent phone call to their son but Kai knew better. He understood that there was a hidden message behind his father's words. Them knowing about what happened with Kahee without him needing to say anything proved it clear enough. His parents were keeping close tabs on his every action.

 

" Kai? " Su Min sleepily padded down the hallway towards him.

" Good morning. " He bent down to ruffle her hair as she shot him a curious look.

" Were you talking to your dad? "

" Yeah. Apparently, he knows about our situation now even though I had completely forgotten to inform them. Creepy huh. "

The girl's eyes rounded in surprise. " Does that mean that we are being watched right now? Maybe your parents have hired spies to- "

" Stop being ridiculous babe. That kind of crap only happens in movies. "

" You never know! " Su Min pouted up at him as she eyed their surroundings suspiciously. " They may be watching us from the window at this moment. "

Kai rose an eyebrow while he shot her an unreadable look. " We live on the 17th floor. "

Seriously, this guy has no imagination. " Whatever, I'm hungry. Let's eat breakfast. " Su Min tugged on Kai's arm, leading him to the kitchen as the man chuckled to himself.

 

-

 

The girl flinched a little as she felt a kick in her tummy. Immediately, her hands shot up to cradle it gently with an expressionless face.

" Kahee? " Luhan's familiar voice rang out. She glanced up to see the man making his way towards her. " Luhan. "

He eyed her gingerly for a second before settling in the armchair right next to her bed. Luhan had been visiting the girl as frequently as he could; seeing that she was all alone. He knew that her parents were still upset at her unwanted pregnancy and they hadn't even been to the hospital to visit their daughter once. To tell the truth, Luhan actually felt guilty about the whole situation even though he knew clearly that it was not solely his fault. Seeing Kahee's growing stomach day by day and witnessing how the tall and confident women became reduced to skin and bones wasn't something one would wish another to go through. He couldn't help feeling relieved that Kahee was in better control of her emotions. At least he didn't have to worry about her harming herself or her baby on purpose anymore. Still, she wasn't in a stable physical condition and the doctors had advised her to stay until her delivery.

" Could... Could you take me out for some fresh air? "

" Why not? "

 

" Have you seen Jongin lately? He hasn't been here to visit me for quite some time now. " The girl murmured with disappointment in her voice as the pair slowly strolled in the garden located at a corner of the huge hospital.

Luhan hesitated for a moment while he carefully accessed her mental state. " He's trying to spend more time with Su Min, I guess. "

Kahee's lips hardened as she curtly nodded after hearing his words. " Looks like he really loves her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter