#39

Bubbletea and Tears
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

" The doctor said that he needed you to stay for one more day under observation. You can leave tomorrow morning. " Jing softly reminded the girl as he stood up to leave. " Visitors are not allowed to stay after 7pm or I would accompany you if I could. "

" You don't have to, it's just for one night anyway. Thanks for settling my hospital bills though Oppa, I'll pay you back soon. "

The man snorted as he shook his head. " Don't even think about paying me back. It isn't something that you should worry about. "

" But- "

" No buts. I'm not discussing this with you. Go and rest baby girl, I'm leaving. "

Su Min watched in disapproval as Jing swept out of the room after giving her a comforting smile. It was just like him to always help her out. Not that Su Min wasn't grateful but she knew his family situation. They weren't coping very well financially so it didn't feel good to just accept his help this way. The girl picked up her cell phone to notify Ji Hyo of her situation but it was already completely flat. Since she didn't have any personal belongings with her including her hand phone charger, Su Min decided that she would inform her best friend after she returned home tomorrow. There was one more issue though. Kai. Would he be worried when she didn't return home today? Probably yes. Su Min contemplated if she should have just borrowed the phone at the reception counter to call him but the girl decided against it after much thinking. The visiting time for visitors were already over. Besides, Su Min was still upset at the man for his tactless choice of words towards her. No harm letting him sweat it out, he deserved it.

 

-

 

Kai exhaled in defeat while he finally punched in Su Min's number in his cell phone. It was already nearing 10pm and yet, the girl had still not returned home. Did the words he said to her really crossed the line? If it did, it certainly wasn't his intention. There was another unspoken reason why Kai had been so against Su Min visiting Kahee.  The man knew about Kahee's dislike for Su Min. The girl had already tried to hurt herself previously and Kai had been worried that Kahee would not only direct her anger towards herself but towards Su Min as well. He would definitely go insane if Kahee were to try and harm Su Min and Kai didn't want to harbor any further negative feelings towards Kahee.

" . " The man snarled under his breath when he discovered that Su Min's hand phone wasn't on. It was late and he couldn't help distressing about her being outside at this hour alone. Was she really planning to worry him to his death?

Ji Hyo. She might be with Ji Hyo now.

Kai was just about to search for Ji Hyo's contact when he realized that he didn't have her number. There was no way he could get through to Su Min. The girl couldn't possibly be at the bubble tea shop since it should have already closed. He suppressed a frustrated moan as anxiety crept into his system. The shrill ring of his cell phone snapped him out of his thoughts as Kai lurched forward.

" Yes? "

" Kim Jongin. "

The unfamiliar deep tone struck a chord in Kai as he frowned. It was a stranger's voice but somehow, the man felt as though he had heard this before. " Who is this? "

" My name is Jing. Do you remember me? "

" Su Min's friend. " Kai identified in recognition as jealousy curled in his abdomen. Jing was the guy that Su Min had been so close with.

" Yeah. Su Min's friend. " The man replied back in a slightly mocking manner causing Kai to narrow his eyes.

" Do you know where Su Min is? " He shot back without waiting for Jing to continue as a disturbing thought entered his mind. " Or are you with her now? "

" No, I'm not with her but yes, I know where she is. "

" Where is she? "

" Meet me at the park opposite the JYK cafe, I want to talk to you. "

The man hung up as Kai snarled in impatience. What kind of stupid game was that guy playing at?

 

-

 

" Where is Su Min? "

" Whoa calm down. Shouldn't you at least greet me first? I'm two years older than you. " Jing smirked as he looked at Kai straight in the eye. Both men were equally tall and he could tell from the challenging way Kai was staring that he saw him as a threat.

" I have no time for your bull. Just tell me where Su Min is and why you called me out. "

" Before I tell you anything, I need an answer from you first. "

" What is it that you want? "  Kai retorted in a chilling tone without any attempt at friendliness in his voice.

" Are you certain that you love our Su Min? " Jing questioned while ignoring the hostility Kai showed him.

" I love her. She's mine. "

" No need to get all territorial on me, I was just asking. "

" Now that you have my answer, can you tell me where Su Min is? "

Jing deliberated for a moment before shrugging. " Sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter