#37

Bubbletea and Tears
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kai watched Su Min stir a little as he gently draped his navy cardigan over her sleeping figure. The girl had fallen asleep on his lap after they spent an hour cuddling and watching various programs on the television and he did not have the heart to wake her up even after 3 hours.

" My leg is completely numb, do you know that? " The man murmured teasingly even though he knew that she couldn't hear him. Kai brought down his right hand to his thumb against her cheek softly as he gazed at Su Min's expression. Her face was much softer when she was asleep and even completely devoid of makeup, she still looked amazingly adorable. He was just about to pull up the cardigan to cover her shoulders properly when the girl flinched lightly. Su Min's lids fluttered opened as she emitted a soft yawn. Half-awaked, the girl craned her neck up as she made out Kai's silhouette above her in the dimly lited room. " I fell asleep, didn't I? "

" You sure did. " The man whispered while he pulled her to a sitting position. Su Min found herself cradled on his lap with his arms wrapped around her as she dazedly rubbed her eyes. " Aren't you sleepy? "

" I am. " Kai admitted as he too, struggled to keep his eyes opened. " But I couldn't get to sleep just now because my leg went completely numb from your heavy weight. "

" I'm not heavy. " Su Min retorted with a frown while she controlled the urge to stick her tongue out at him like a little kid. " Besides, you could have just woke me up. "

" I didn't want to. " He chuckled as he played with a strand of her hair absentmindedly. " If you feel guilty about it, then just let me hug you to sleep tonight. How about it? "

" You ert. "

" You clearly don't know the definition of ert. Want me to show you? "

" Kim Jongin! " Su Min's eyes widened in outrage and alarm when his arms s up dangerously from her waist.

" Kidding. " The man flinched away when she slapped his roaming hands. " You don't have to go all violent on me. "

" Then don't be an . "

" Alright let's stop this argument for now. " Kai sighed as he stretched his arms. " I'm really falling asleep with my eyes open. "

" Time for bed. Officially. " Su Min nodded in agreement as she too felt her eyelids dropping once again.

 

Su Min was about to enter the study room when a sudden pull on her arm yanked her back gently. " What? "

" Have you forgotten? We are sleeping together in my room. "

" There is no way I- "

" It's not like anything is going to happen between us. " Kai's eyes narrowed as he glared down at her sternly. " Besides, my bed is more comfortable compared to the cramped study room. "

" Whatever. " Su Min gave in readily because she was practically sleep walking at that point of time. The events that took place in the day had really took a toll on her. The girl trudged reluctantly behind Kai while he led her to their room, still holding on to her hand. She immediately headed for the huge bed and slipped under the covers with a sigh of happiness escaping her lips. Her heart beat suddenly quickened though. Kai had encircled his hands around her as he pulled her closer against his chest from her back.

" W-what are you- "

" I wasn't joking about hugging you to sleep. " He muttered sleepily in a husky tone before tightening his grip on her. " Now sleep. I'm tired. "

With a small sigh, Su Min remained silent even though her heart was still pounding rapidly. His sleepy voice sounded incredibly attractive and she could breath in his familiar scent. " Night, Kai. "

It was a few seconds later before the girl felt him smile from behind her. " Goodnight, babe. And thank you for not being mad at me for long. "

Su Min knew that he had been referring to the incident where he had ignored her call to attend to Kahee. Truthfully, she felt slightly taken aback at her own actions as well. The girl had surely expected herself to remain mad at him for at least a day but look at her now, she no longer had the resolve to even ignore him even though he may have deserved it.

To be honest, it scared Su Min a little. How deep she was falling for him. Yet the feelings of doubt washed away instantly when she felt Kai's lips pressed softly against the back of her head before he lapsed into slumber.

 

-

 

The man groaned as he stretched nimbly before subconsciously reaching to his side. Kai's face arranged into a frown when he noticed the empty space beside him where Su Min had been. He quickly threw on a hoodie over his wife beater before heading downstairs to locate his girlfriend.

The house was completely empty and there was no sign of Su Min anywhere. Where could she have disappeared to so early in the morning?

 

Su Min fiddled with her fingers nervously while the bus rumbled on the highway. She had left the house with a mixture of feelings. God knows why but the girl suddenly felt overwhelming sympathy for Kahee when she noticed Kai's cell phone. It had been flashing non stop when she had woke up and the screen lighted with 4 missed calls from Kahee. She had to admit that jealousy did overcome her but Su Min reminded herself that Kahee was in the hospital right now and it wasn't right to feel that way. Sure, Kahee did treated her like scum and even now, Su Min was sure that her attitude wouldn't change. However thinking about it, Su Min also knew that Kahee hadn't been in the best of situations either. She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter