#26

Bubbletea and Tears
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

" Yes. Yoon Su Min. I'm sure you know who she is. "

" What do you want me to do? "

" Fond out every single detail about that . "

 

-

 

Su Min rose up from her bed as she stretched while letting out a groan.

The girl made her way to school while dreading the approaching busy timetable. It was one of those days when Su Min just wanted to curl up at home and do nothing. The fact that she was having terrible stomach cramps due to her period did not help either. Her phone buzzed violently, snapping Su Min out of her thoughts.

 

To : Su Min

I'm not going to school today. My head hurts like so don't miss me alright. 

From : Ji Hyo

 

Su Min sighed loudly as her day just got ten times worse. Without Ji Hyo, it meant that she would have to be practically alone for the whole day.

" Where's Ji Hyo? "

The familiar warm voice right behind her made Su Min jump in shock. " Luhan! "

" Sorry, " He grinned before laughing out loud. " Seems like somebody was daydreaming. "

" I wasn't. And to answer your question, Ji Hyo's sick. "

" Well, I suppose you're glad that I'm in school. At least you wouldn't have to eat lunch all alone. "

Su Min rolled her eyes teasingly as she watched his beautiful eyes crinkle into a smile. " Right. "

 

The morning passed slowly and finally, it was time for lunch. Luhan joined the girl who had been walking alone to the cafeteria while he swiftly grabbed the heavy books that she had been holding on to with some difficulty.

" Hey you don't have to, I can- "

" I want to. " The man shot her a reassuring smile as he scanned the thick books. " What are these for anyway? "

" An assignment. " Su Min pulled a long face. " They're pretty heavy, by the way. "

" Only to you. " Luhan smirked while the girl simply scoffed lightly.

 

The two stepped into the cafeteria and headed to a secluded table by the window. 

" What do you want to eat? I'll get it for you. " The man offered before standing up.

" I'm fine. Just a glass of juice will do. "

Luhan frowned in apparent disapproval as he tried to read past Su Min's expression. " I obviously heard your stomach growl. Is this about trying to save money? "

Before the girl could reply, he let out a exasperated groan. " This is why I don't like the idea of you staying alone, Su Min. Are you really planning to starve yourself just because of cash limitations? "

" Lunch isn't that important anyway. I'll just eat more for dinner. " She muttered guiltily without meeting his eyes.

" I'll get you a proper meal. " Luhan stated in a tone which indicated disbelief and without waiting for her reply, he left towards the counter.

Su Min rested her head dejectedly on the table as her stomach growled once more. Her part time job didn't really pay that much; to be perfectly honest. Sure, the rent of her current apartment was beyond cheap but her living expenses were still a huge problem. The girl furrowed her eyebrows as she thought about the advertisement she had saw previously on the internet. A club nearby her place was looking for a waitress and the pay was good. Su Min knew the consequences and risks of working in such complicated places but she felt that it wouldn't be too much for her to handle. Besides, she knew how to take care of herself whenever she visited clubs with Ji Hyo. 

" Eat. " Luhan placed a tray of noddles in front of Su Min as she snapped her head up.

" I'll pay you back. "

" You don't have to. " The man muttered shortly as he started on his own bowl. 

Su Min kept silent as the atmosphere between them got awkwardly tensed. Luhan seemed like he was mad but there wasn't really any reason that the girl could notice.

" Did I do anything wrong? " She murmured in worry causing the man to look up.

" Yes. You did. " His reply made Su Min stunned as she kept still. 

Luhan leaned back heavily on the hard plastic seat as he narrowed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter