#24

Bubbletea and Tears
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

" I really need your help. "

Luhan's brows knitted in worry as he stepped closer to the girl. " Are you in trouble? "

" No, it's not like that. " She quickly shook her head before meeting his questioning gaze. " As you know, Ji Hyo's back. I don't want her to know that I'm staying on my own so don't mention this in front of her. "

" Why not? "

Su Min breathed out a sigh as she stared at the floor. " Ji Hyo will definitely insist that I move in with her. Her family isn't in good condition so how could I possibly inconvenience them further? "

The man studied the girl carefully as he frowned. " To be honest, I don't like the idea of you staying by yourself either. "

" I'm doing perfectly well now aren't I? Please Luhan, I really don't want Ji Hyo to worry. "

Luhan looked down into Su Min's pleading eyes as she gazed back up at him.

" Alright, I won't say anything. " He finally exhaled reluctantly.

" Thanks. "

 

-

 

Ji Hyo nudged Su Min lightly on the elbow as the two girls exited the washroom. " How are things between Kai and Kahee? "

Su MIn halted briefly in her tracks as she avoided Ji Hyo's eyes. " Good, I guess. "

Her best friend frowned in suspicion as she surveyed Su Min's behavior. " You're acting strange. What's going on? "

The girl took a deep breath as she spun around to face Ji Hyo. " Look, I have something to tell you but you have to promise not to over react okay? "

" Spit it out now. "

" Kai came over last night and he uhm..... "

" COMPLETE YOUR SENTENCE BEFORE I- "

" He sort of kissed me and I told him that I liked him. " Su Min rambled out at the speed of light before squeezing her eyes shut while anticipating Ji Hyo's violent outburst.

" Oh that's it? " Her friend relaxed as she smirked at Su Min's expression. " Well, I'm not surprised. "

" W-what? "

" I have always suspected that Kim Jongin felt differently towards you ever since our Sydney trip. I told you about it before didn't I? "

" I-I guess you did. "

Ji Hyo scooted closer over to Su Min as she lowered her voice. " What are you going to to about Kahee though? "

" That's exactly the whole point. " The girl whispered in guilt as she fiddled hopelessly with her fingers. " I feel so terrible for actually liking Kai when she's pregnant with his child. "

Ji Hyo heaved as she placed a comforting arm around Su Min. " Listen you, relationships aren't based on fairness. Besides, Kahee isn't really a nice person to begin with so that should make things easier. Just remember that everything happens; happens. Okay? "

" But I- "

" Just let things sort themselves out. And stop frowning so much, it's gonna add more wrinkles to your already ugly face. "

" Oh shut up. "

" I will. Speak of the devil and he shall appear. " Ji Hyo muttered in an ominous tone as she straightened her shoulders.

Su Min looked up in confusion only to spot both Kai and Kahee walking towards them from an opposite direction. The minute Kahee's eyes landed on the pair, a smirk appeared on her pretty face.

" Ji Hyo, you're back! " The girl exclaimed in false enthusiasm.

" Please, don't pretend that you're glad to see me when I know that I won't feel the same way towards you. "

Kahee's jaw dropped in outrage as she glared at Ji Hyo. " I was only trying to be nice! Jongin, wasn't I? "

Kai eyed Su Min wordlessly before turning to his girlfriend. " You said that you were hungry. Let's just go get some food. "

 

Ji Hyo narrowed her eyes as she watch the man drag Kahee away. The minute the couple was out of hearing range, she turned to Su Min in disbelief. " Didn't you guys kissed already? Why is he still being so cold towards you? "

Su Min chewed on her lower lip as she shrugged back helplessly. " I don't know. He's always so confusing. "

A slight vibration sounded in her pocket as Su Min reached for her phone.

 

To : Su Min

Sorry for ignoring you earlier on. I couldn't say much; you know how Kahee is like. I don't want this to affect her baby. Remember your promise to me, never forget what I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter