#18

Bubbletea and Tears
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The girl stretched as she looked out of the frosted window. The entire estate was covered in a thick blanket of snow which shimmered slightly under the morning sun.

" Merry Christmas, Yoon Su Min. " She muttered while standing up. Su Min quickly freshened herself up before pausing in the kitchen. She had always hung out with Ji Hyo every Christmas but her best friend was now in Taiwan. It was kind of weird spending it alone for the very first time. She quickly took out her hand phone and punched in her second favorite contact.

 

" Yun Oppa?"

" Su Min! What's up babe? "

Over the phone, Su Min could hear the delighted yelling of Yun's 8 year old sister in the background. Right, he should spend Christmas day with his own family. 

" Nothing, I just wanna wish you Merry Christmas. "

" Merry X'mas to you too, I'll see you soon alright? "

" Yeah, bye oppa! "

 

Su Min sighed loudly as she settled back in her bed with a book. It looks like she was spending this special day alone.

 

-

 

" Merry X'mas baby! " Kahee exclaimed as she wrapped her arms around Kai's waist.

" Hello, same to you. " The man chuckled softly as he returned her hug while stepping out of the bathroom. " Any plans for today? "

" Let's just hang around somewhere. " 

Kai nodded in agreement as he glanced at her tummy. " Better take it easy, Kahee. "

" I'm craving for Ramen. Could we have Japanese food for lunch? "

" Anything you want is perfectly fine with me. Come on, let's get going. " Kai wounded a scarf securely around Kahee's neck to make sure that she was well protected from the winter child before placing a beanie on himself.

 

" It's beautiful. " Kahee stated as she looked out of the car into the snow covered streets. The chauffeur looked at her before turning to Kai when they stopped at a traffic junction.

" Miss Su Min loved looking out of the window too, do you remember young master? "

At the mention of Su Min's name, Kahee stiffened as she shot the old man a glare. 

" Yes I remember. " Kai muttered as he sensed Kahee's unhappiness.

" I really miss that young lady. It was a pity, young master. " The chauffeur continued as he stepped on the accelerator when the road was empty.

" Ahjusshi, you - "

" Kahee. " Kai interrupted his girlfriend as he threw her a warning look. He knew that she didn't like the chauffeur's words but he didn't want her to be rude to the old man who watched him grow up.

The girl slammed back in her seat with frustration as Kai let out a sigh.

They arrived at the small Japanese eating house soon and Kai took Kahee's arm as he led her into the warm building. 

 

" Table for 2. " Kai informed the waitress at the door as she blushed lightly. Kahee rose her eyebrows as she observed the woman ogling her boyfriend. The girl purposely tiptoed to give Kai a kiss on the cheek in front of all the customers. 

" Kahee what are you doing? " Kai hissed in shock as she pulled away. " This isn't the right time and place for this. "

" I was just showing you how much I love you. " The girl pouted as she stared up at the man. 

" Fine whatever. Let's go. " He followed the waitress to their assigned table. The couple settled down but Kai's eyes spotted a familiar figure at the opposite table as he froze.

 

" Su Min?"

 

Su Min made a face as she heard him. The minute she had spotted them entering, the girl immediately hid herself behind a large menu at the table but obviously, it didn't work. She should have followed her gut instinct that it had been a bad idea coming out for lunch. Su Min had been craving ramen and that was the reason she was here but right now, the girl was regretting her decision. The last thing that she needed now was to observe first-hand how happy Kai and Kahee were together.

" Er hi. "

Kahee smirked at the girl opposite as she shifted close to Kai. " What a coincidence. Join us? "

The girl shook her head coldly.  " No I'm fine. "

" Oh come on, let's have a good meal together. It must not feel good eating alone I'm sure. " Kahee laughed as she gestured for Su Min to come over. The girl glanced at Kai who was staring back at her without a word. 

" Join us. " He finally stated after a short phase of awkward silence.

Su Min sighed inwardly as she slowly made her way over to the couple.

" Merry Christmas. " The man murmured softly as Su Min settled opposite him. The girl nodded once in acknowledgement but she didn't return the greeting.

" Why are you spending today alone? " Kahee asked the girl with an evil glint in her eyes. " No friends or family? "

Kai narrowed his eyebrows at his girlfri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter