#17

Bubbletea and Tears
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

" Where's the bathroom? "

" Second door up the stairs. "

Kai leaned back heavily on the couch as Kahee headed towards the staircase. He should be feeling extremely glad and thankful that Kahee was finally by his side but for some reason, he couldn't summon the excitement to feel that way. It just didn't seem as amazing right now as it would have been before.

" I'm glad that Yoon Su Min is finally out of our lives. " Kahee's returning voice snapped Kai away from his deep thoughts.

The man made no reply as he merely shrugged lightly. Kahee settled herself beside him as she nestled against his side. " I'm happy to be here. "

" So am I. " Kai finally replied several seconds later as he planted a light kiss on her forehead. " Let me know if you're in pain or anything all right? Having a baby must be tough. "

" I'm perfectly fine now. It's still in the early stages. "

" All the same, make sure to take care of yourself. "

Kahee beamed as she looked up at him under her eyelashes. " I know that I will be fine as long as you're here. "

The feeling that the man would have gotten if Kahee had said such stuff in the past was surprisingly absent now. Kai could only smile at the girl as he managed a nod.

 

-

 

" You're such a terrible disappointment. " The lady frowned deeply at the girl.

" You've already said that so many times. A change in words would be nice. " Su Min snapped back as she struggled to keep her expression scathing. To be honest, it really stung whenever her parents behaved like that but letting her true feelings out would hurt her pride.

" Quit that childish attitude. " Her mother's lips set in a hard line as she paused while glaring at the girl. " You know, I really wondered why hadn't I opted for a abortion with you. "

Su Min blinked in hurt as the words rang out. This was by far the most hurtful comment that her mother had made. Knowing that she was an unwanted daughter to the core.

" You really have no idea how big of a useless burden you are, don't you? " The lady continued as she shook her head at her daughter.

The girl couldn't manage a reply as she stared back at her mother. The back of her eyes burned with threatening tears but she forced a sarcastic chuckle. " Then maybe you should stop being my mother. "

" Oh, I'll be glad to. Pack your suitcase then. " 

" Fine. " Su Min rose her eyebrows as she stood up. " I'll leave you guys in peace and just for your information, that means no more stupid arranged marriages with people I don't bloody know. "

With that, the girl stalked into her room as she gave the wooden door a loud slam.

 

Su Min stood still as she unclenched her fists which had been tightly curled up. She should have said that a long time ago. Then maybe, she wouldn't have been forced to get engaged with Kai and she wouldn't have gotten her feelings unreciprocated. The girl desperately looked in an upwards direction to prevent her tears from falling. That was something that Jing had taught her. Su Min hated crying over her unloving family so during times like this, she would try her best to prevent the betraying tears from falling down. It wasn't considered crying if her tears didn't leave her eyes.

She slowly gathered up her belongings as she wondered what to do next. Ji Hyo would have insisted that Su Min move in with her but the girl didn't want that. Ji Hyo's family was huge and their house was already terribly cramped. Su Min didn't want to be additional trouble for them. Jing and Yun oppa would be her last option but she wasn't really close with their families. It would have been rude to barge into their lives this way.

" I'm dead. " The girl muttered in defeat as she zipped up her suitcase. It almost seemed like de javu. Just months ago, Su Min had been packing to move in with Kai. The difference was that at least then, she had a place to go. Now, Su Min didn't even know where she was going to spend the night. No matter, she determinedly straightened her shoulders while standing up. She wasn't going to allow herself to feel sorry. She knew that she was stronger than that.

" You wouldn't last a week outside. " Her father scoffed as Su Min dragged her things to the door. " Don't come back crying about how tough it will be. "

" You don't have to worry about that, because I won't. " She answered resolutely before tying her shoelaces.

 

" What to do what to do " Su Min murmured to herself as she pulled her luggage behind her. She had already been walking aimlessly for hours and it was getting really really cold. Her pink lips were already chapped from the biting wind. The only positive thing was that she had managed to accumulate a small amount of money from her part time job. Now, to look for a cheap place to stay. 

The girl finally arrived at the neighborhood village square. Su Min scanned the bulletin board for any advertisements regarding leasing of premises. They were pretty much priced steeply but a small faded note at the corner made her smile in relief.

 

" Studio unit for rent. Located in a convenient location near Seoul School of Performing Arts. Slightly run-down and old but relatively good condition. "

 

Su Min punched in the number stated on the paper hopefully and a lady picked up on the fourth ring. 

" Hello? "

" Hello. I'm calling to enquire about the leasing of the unit. "

" Ah yes, are you interested? "

" Yes. May I please know more details? "

 

The girl smiled in victory as she hung up. The rent was relatively cheap compared to the other advertisements and the lady on the phone seemed really nice. The money that she had right now allowed her to pay the rent for 3 months and that was a huge relief. Su Min suddenly felt thankful that her school fees had already been paid. It would be a disaster if she had to pay for that as well.

 

" Mrs Song? "

The old lady who was waiting patiently at the entrance of a two story building turned around and beamed, showing a toothless smile at Su Min.

" Hello dear. "

Su Min smiled back as she looked up at the building. It had several units and true, it was really old and the paint was peeling off but there was a certain homely charm about the whole place that she loved. The girl followed the lady up the brightly lighted stairs as t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter