#14

Bubbletea and Tears
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Su Min hesitantly picked up the spoon as she sniffed the fish soup. It smelt heavenly but she couldn't bring herself to drink it. Her stomach was still churning and she didn't want to risk puking everything out again. The girl sighed as she despondently pushed the steaming bowl away. " I'll pass. "

Kai tousled his hair in impatience as he glared at the girl. " What must I do to make you eat? "

Stop being with Kahee. " I'll try to eat later on when my tummy feels better. " 

" Then at least drink some water. " He passed her the jug as she sipped it cautiously.

" You know, " Kai glanced down as he surveyed her petite frame. " You're always falling sick. I think you should eat more. "

Su Min gave a snort as she met his eyes. " Do you know how much I can actually eat when I'm feeling normal? "

" But you're still too thin. "

" Kahee's skinnier than me, just for your information. "

The man pressed his lips together without making a reply.

" Speaking of her, is she okay with you taking care of me today? "

" I haven't had a chance to speak to her yet. Don't worry, Kahee is an understanding girl. She will be fine with it. "

Su Min mentally barfed as she tried to control herself from saying something insulting. The Kahee that she knew was far from understanding. 

" Go back to sleep. " Kai instructed when he noticed that her eyelids were drooping. The medicine was kicking in and an extreme wave of lethargy crashed over the girl.

" Kay. " Su Min murmured as she laid back on the soft bed. " Kai...?"

He carefully pulled the blanket over the girl as he gazed down at her. " Hmm? "

" Thank...you. " Her eyelashes fluttered shut as she took deep even breaths.

" If you really want to thank me, then don't fall sick again. I don't like worrying about you. " He muttered, knowing that she was already deeply asleep.

A few hours went by and the sky darkened outside. Night time in Sydney apparently fell earlier as compared to Seoul.

 

" Is she okay? " A loud shriek was heard as Ji Hyo threw opened the door. 

Kai snarled softy at the girl as he placed a finger to his lips. Ji Hyo tumbled towards Su Min as she noticed the girl who was still sleeping.

" Oh. She does look a little better though. "

Ji Hyo observed her friend for a moment before turning to Kai. " You, me, out. I need to ask you something. "

The man stared wordlessly at the short girl in front of him before giving a curt nod.

" What do you want? " His voice returned to a normal volume the minute they stepped out of the room.

" You care for Su Min. " It was more of a remark than a question.

" So? "

" So I want to know if you like her. "

Kai frowned at Ji Hyo's question as she studied his expression. " Su Min is my best friend and I don't want that idiot to get hurt. "

" How am I linked to her getting hurt? "

The girl scrunched up her nose in exasperation as she stared up at him. " I'm not going to answer your stupid question but you have to answer mine. Do. you. like. her. "

" What if my answer is no? "

Ji Hyo frowned as she sighed. " Then I want you to stop treating her so nicely. "

The man tilted his head questioningly at her. " You want me to be a jerk towards your friend? "

" Only if your answer is no. And by the way, it doesn't seem like it though. I've seen the way you look at Su Min. "

Kai kept silent for a long while before meeting Ji Hyo's alert eyes.

" And what happens if my answer is yes? " His words were so soft that Ji Hyo had to strain her ears.

" Then obviously, get rid of that Ka- and treat Su Min the way she deserves to be treated. "

 

-

 

Su Min sat up groggily as she stretched. The girl noted with relief that her stomach was no longer in discomfort.

" You're finally up? How's the tummy? " Ji Hyo immediately shot out as she noticed Su Min sitting up.

" I feel normal now. "

" That's good. I have to call Kai to let him know. "

" Why do you have to report to him? " Su Min knitted her eyebrows as she stared at her friend in suspicion. " And since when were you guys on talking terms? "

Ji Hyo rolled her eyes as she reached for the room phone on the bed side desk. " For the record, he was the one who ordered me to call him the minute you were up. "

Su Min looked down as she felt her cheeks turn warm. The girl wasn't used to Kai being concerned over her in this manner. It felt really strange but for some reason, she actually liked it a lot. 

" He cares for you too, you know. " Ji Hyo casually remarked after hanging up. " I never knew that a cold badass like him was capable of showing emotions for anyone other than his friends and Kahee. "

" It's probably just because of me falling sick. "

" All the same, don't doubt his actions. I have a feeling that Kai isn't one to show his affections easily. Give him some time. "

Su Min shifted nearer to her friend as she nudged Ji Hyo's side. 

" Ow, what? "

" I think I'm starting to like him... " She muttered as her face fell slightly.

" Oh, I already know that. " Ji Hyo turned over as she gave Su Min a I-told-you-so look. " Admit it, I know you best. "

" Aww don't be a worry poop. Things will work out, trust me! " Ji Hyo scooted over as she squeezed her friend's shoulder. " Besides, you are his fiancee. Not Kahee or anyone else. An

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter