#12

Bubbletea and Tears
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The man stifled a sigh when Su Min reached past him chillingly for milk on the breakfast table. " This seems weird. "

" What? "

" You being so silent. Keeping our distance does not mean remaining quiet all the time. We can at least talk, don't we? "

" Funny how you changed your tune. In the beginning, you always found me irritating whenever I spoke to you. " Su Min wrinkled her nose as she looked at Kai straight in the eye.

He kept silent for a while before exhaling deeply. " That was then, this is now. "

" Well, nothing seems different though. " Except for my growing feelings for you, Su Min thought to herself in despair.

Kai didn't reply as he looked away broodingly. " By the way, have you heard about the overseas trip to Sydney? "

Su Min nodded. " The school will be picking 20 students for an exchange program. I can't wait to find out the results later. "

 

-

 

Both Su Min and Ji Hyo gave each other an excited hi-5 when they scanned the list of selected students. Unfortunately for them, Kahee had been picked as well along with Kai.

" It's going to be a fun trip right girls? " Kahee turned around to face them with her fingers interlocked with Kai's.

" My idea of fun will probably be you falling off the airplane. " Ji Hyo replied her with an equally sweet smile shining on her face. Kai sighed while Kahee narrowed her eyes in displeasure before turning away swiftly.

" We have to inform our parents. " Kai looked at Su Min inquiringly.

" No need. You can just tell yours. My parents don't really care about anything that I do. "

Kahee whipped her long hair around as she turned back to face Su Min. " And why is that so? "

" None of your business. " Ji Hyo hissed as she stepped forward with a threatening expression. Kai shot a look at Ji Hyo but Su Min quickly led her best friend away before he could say anything.

" I swear that I'm going to push her off the airplane if she opens her damn mouth again. " 

" If she says anything insulting, I'll help you do that. "Su Min chuckled as she exchanged grins with Ji Hyo.

" Su Min! "

The girl turned around as Luhan gave her a bright smile. " Congratulations, and you too, Ji Hyo. "

" Thank you. " Su Min returned his smile while Ji Hyo gave a curt nod of thanks. " Were you selected too? "

" I wasn't. Probably because of my excellent attendance records. " Luhan winked at her before waving goodbye as he continued his way. Luhan had an issue with turning up consistently for lessons. He always ditched classes whenever possible and his nickname in school was actually the Prince of Absence.

" He's kind of cute... " Ji Hyo murmured as her face flushed slightly.

" Your style? " Su Min nudged her friend on the arm as Ji Hyo snorted. " Of course not. "

" He's a good dancer though... " She continued as Su Min gave her a knowing look.

" Hm. "

 

-

 

" What did your mother say about us going to Sydney? "

" She said that it would be a beneficial experience. " Kai paused for a moment before continuing. " And she ordered me to take care of you. "

" You should be taking care of Kahee instead though. " She muttered as Kai frowned.

" Why are you being- "

" Can I ask you a question? It's just out of pure curiosity. "

The man rose his eyebrows in curiosity as he gave a slight nod. 

" What do you like about Kahee? "

Kai's dark eyes widened as he looked at Su Min's serious expression. " Why so random? "

" Like I said, curiosity. " Su Min shrugged simply as she replied. " So? "

" I like her looks. She has the perfect figure that any guy would fall for. "

Su Min gave him an incredulous face as he held out his hands to stop her from asking. " I'm not done yet. "

" I guess I like it when she does aegyo to me. Like when she whines about stuff, it makes me want to protect her like a man. "

" Okay okay I regret asking. " The girl shuddered in disgust at the image of Kahee pouting and puffing out her cheeks.

" Do you want me to continue? " Kai teased as he smirked at the uncomfortable Su Min.

" No thanks. "

 

-

 

" Su Min ah! " Ji Hyo's voice was booming even through the phone. " Are you done packing? "

" Sort of. The trip is only for 1 week anyway. "

" True... do you wanna meet and go to the airport together tomorrow morning? "

Su Min thought for a moment before replying. " I think I'll be going with Kai though, his chauffeur is fetching him there. "

Ji Hyo hummed in understanding. " Okay, then I'll see you at the airport! "

" See you! "

 

Su Min hung up as she tried to stuff more of her clothes into the already overflowing luggage.

" It's going to burst. " 

The girl glanced up at the doorway to see Kai leaning casually against the door frame. " You're done packing? "

He scoffed as he nodded. " Obviously, guys are not like girls. We only pack the essentials. "

Su Min frowned as she stood up. " I do that too! "

The man strolled over to her red luggage as he pulled out a hair straightener with tangled wires. " This is an essential? "

She snatched her hair tool back from his hands. " Of course it is. "

" Girls. " Kai muttered under his breath as Su Min glared at him from the corner of her eye. She quickly stuffed her item back into the suitcase as she turned to face him. " What time are we leaving the house tomorrow? "

At that question, the man stiffened as he kept quiet.

" Kai? "

" Su Min, listen. I told Kahee that I would give her a lift to the airport so... " His voice trailed o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter