Falling for Stupid

Cheesy

"Are you a robot?" The tall boy wiggled his eyebrows suggestively "'Cause I'd like to turn you on"

 

Jongdae blinks.

 

Is his vision failing him?

 

Rubbing his eyes, Jongdae checks that he's seeing correctly.

 

Before him is Park Chanyeol, another music major like him, equipped with his usual dorky grin and messy brown hair. Turning around, Jongdae started walking briskly away from the giant. It wasn't as if he had anything against Chanyeol. In truth, Jongdae actually has a huge crush on the other but they don't talk at all, so when Chanyeol suddenly starts using odd pickup lines on him, Jongdae really doesn't know what to do but to walk away and assume that Chanyeol's just messing with him.

 

It doesn't take long before the long legged male catches up with Jongdae, keeping pace with him even as he tries his hardest to walk quickly.

 

"I need a map" The grin on Chanyeol's face never disappearing

 

Jongdae stopped abruptly and stared at Chanyeol, tilting his head in confusion and making Chanyeol find him so much more endearing.

 

A map? Why would Chanyeol be asking for a map? As far as Jongdae knew, Chanyeol knew basically every inch of the campus like the back of his hand.

 

"I'm sorry but I don't have one. You could probably get one in th-"

 

"Cause I keep getting lost in your eyes"

 

Jongdae sighed and turned, continuing to walk away from the tall male that was trailing him like a homing missile. Suddenly, Chanyeol trips and makes a small grunt of pain. Turning around, Jongdae looks at Chanyeol with worry because it might've been his fault that Chanyeol got injured. Kneeling down beside Chanyeol, Jongdae checks him for injury and panics when there's no response.

 

"Are you okay?" Jongdae asks frantically

 

"Do you have a bandaid?" Chanyeol finally says, wincing slightly

 

"Uhh. . . no I don't . . .But I can go get one if y-"

 

"I just scraped my knee falling for you" Chanyeol grins, all signs of pain disappeared

 

Letting out a frustrated groan, Jongdae brushes himself off and walks away, leaving Chanyeol on the ground without another word. 

 

How could he fall for something so stupid?

 

--

 

Sitting in the cafeteria, Jongdae takes a big bite out of his ham sandwich as Kyungsoo, Minseok and Baekhyun scrutinize him.

 

"He so obviously likes you" Kyungsoo states clearly, as if it was a common fact, before stabbing the remains of his salad violently

 

"No he doesn't" Jongdae retorts "Who just goes up to their crush one day and start using really bad pickup lines? He's gotta be toying with me"

 

"You know you secretly love the cheesy pickup lines" Baekhyun replies, playing with his chocolate pudding

 

"I do not" Jongdae takes another bite out of his sandwich before setting it down on his tray violently "Plus, we've never even talked before this"

 

"Jongdae. Trust us. He likes you. And don't you have like the biggest crush on him too?" Minseok points his spoon at Jongdae accusingly

 

"Shhh! Shut up" Jongdae hissed as he shoved his hand over Minseok's mouth, glancing around nervously "He's like everywhere and I'd rather not have him find out I like him"

 

"But he's not teasing you. He genuinely likes you" Kyungsoo says ". . . I think"

 

Jongdae just grunts in reply before getting up to toss the remainder of his food away.

 

"I didn't know angels could fly so low" A familiar deep voice came from behind Jongdae

 

Turning towards the source, Jongdae isn't surprised to find Park Chanyeol, a wide smile already on his face. A slight blush rose to Jongdae's face from the sudden appearance of Chanyeol but was quickly replaced by annoyance as he spotted his friends stifling giggles.

 

"I'm sorry but I've gotta head to class" Jongdae said nonchalantly

 

Silently cursing his friends, Jongdae turned to leave before a large, warm hand gripped his small wrist. Looking up at the boy who grabbed him, Jongdae's eyes widened in surprise at the sudden skinship.

 

"Ah. Sorry" Chanyeol said, letting go of Jongdae's wrist "I just couldn't resist being touched by an angel"

 

Jongdae could feel a slight blush creep up his face as he heard his friends finally burst out laughing.

 

"I-I'm sorry b-but I r-really have to go" Jongdae said hurriedly, hoping the pink tinting his face wan't noticeable

 

Rushing out of the cafeteria out of embarrassment, a small smile crept onto Jongdae's face at the thought of Chanyeol's hand holding his own. Using his left hand to touch the spot Chanyeol grabbed, Jongdae could still feel the warmth of the other's hand.

 

"Alright. I'll catch up with you later, Jongdae" Jongdae could hear the giant call out from behind him

 

The smile on Jongdae's face grew a little bigger as he relished the sound of Chanyeol speaking his name, even if he learned it just to toy with his feelings.

 

--

 

"Are you two dating yet?"

 

Jongdae jumped at the sudden voice whispering into his ear. Spinning around, Jongdae was met face to face with Luhan, the pretty soccer prodigy that was at his school on a scholarship and was 2 years older than Jongdae. Jongdae assumed that Luhan spent most of his free time either on the field or with his friends so it was a surprise to find him alone in the library, whispering to Jongdae.

 

"Is who dating me yet?" Jongdae whispered back even though he was pretty sure he knew who Luhan was talking about

 

"You know who I'm talking about" Luhan took the seat beside Jongdae and propped his face on his hand, watching Jongdae

 

"Who? . . . Chanyeol?" Jongdae asked hesitantly

 

"Who else?" Luhan replied sarcastically "Yea Chanyeol"

 

"No we're not dating. It's not like he likes me anyways" Jongdae wasn't even sure why he was talking with Luhan about his love life, but he was and he felt extremely uncomfortable

 

"Then do you like him?" Luhan's serious stare made Jongdae squirm

 

". . . maybe" Jongdae flushed red and immediately regretted telling Luhan when the other boy smiled mischievously with a knowing look in his eyes

 

Luhan hummed a reply and got up, giving Jongdae a pat on the shoulder before leaving the hidden corner of the library that practically served as Jongdae's second home, leaving the younger boy to groan in regret. There was no doubt that Luhan would tell Chanyeol about Jongdae's crush.

 

--

 

"Y'know. I think I can die happy now" Chanyeol didn't even glance at Jongdae as the words spilled from his mouth

 

Glancing up at Chanyeol curiously, Jongdae continued walking. Chanyeol walking with him to his classes had now become a regular thing although Jongdae still wasn't sure about the multitude of cheesy pickup lines the other used. Jongdae wondered where he even got his seemingly endless list of cheesy pickup lines from anyways.

 

"'Cause I've seem a piece of heaven" Chanyeol finished, flashing Jongdae a toothy grin

 

Rolling his eyes, Jongdae picked up the pace.

 

"If beauty were time, you'd be an eternity" Chanyeol yelled the last part as Jongdae walked into his next lecture

 

Blushing and smiling slightly, Jongdae didn't look back at Chanyeol and took a seat away from the door.

 

--

 

"Hyung!" Two voices called out simultaneously

 

"Jonginnie! Sehhunnie!" Jongdae replied enthusiastically

 

Jongin and Sehun plopped themselves down at the small table in the cafe that Jongdae occupied by himself. Jongin and Sehun were the two high school students that Jongdae had known since they were little. Kim Jongin was Jongdae's younger cousin and Oh Sehun had been his best friend since kindergarten. Ruffling their hair, Jongdae smiled brightly at them.

 

"Hyung. We need your opinion" Jongin said

 

"We need your opinion on pickup lines" Sehun continued

 

"What pickup lines do you think are good?" Jongin asked, watching Jongdae curiously

 

Chuckling, Jongdae took a sip of his coffee while thinking thoughtfully.

 

"I don't think it matters. As long as you show interest in the other person" Jongdae says after some thought

 

"Then what about cheesy pickup lines." Sehun asks "Like reeaalllyyy cheesy"

 

Smiling fondly, Jongdae takes another sip of his coffee

 

"I think they're cute" Jongdae's eyes widen as a thought suddenly hits him "you're not asking cause of the Chanyeol thing right?"

 

Although Jongin and Sehun were friends with Jongdae, they were also close friends of Chanyeol and he couldn't risk any more secrets about his crush to get out after his conversation with Luhan.

 

"Of course not" Sehun defends

 

"What Chanyeol thing?" Jongin says, feigning innocence, at the same time as Sehun

 

Jongdae narrowed his eyes at the two of them. The fact that one knew while the other didn't had revealed they were lying. They were best friends so they definitely would know the same information. Jongdae had known them long enough to know that and they had just been caught red-handed in lying.

 

"" Jongin muttered to Sehun

 

The both of them quickly ran towards the door

 

"YAH! YOU BRATS" Jongdae yelled, knowing he'd have no chance to catch up with them

 

Sighing, Jongdae slumped in his seat.

 

--

 

Jongdae sat on the bench, glancing up only when he saw Chanyeol approaching.

 

"I just noticed you noticing me" Chanyeol's voice boomed as he got closer "and I just wanted to give you notice that I noticed you too."

 

Standing in front of Jongdae, Chanyeol loomed over him, making the shorter feel like a small child. His heart beat as he worried that Luhan, Sehun and Jongin told Chanyeol about his crush on him even though he smiled on the outside.

 

"Did the sun come out or did you just smile at me?"

 

Maybe the guys hadn't told Chanyeol. Jongdae became just a little bit more hopeful. Sitting down beside Jongdae, Chanyeol stretched his long legs.

 

"Hey Jongdae?" Chanyeol asked

 

"Yea?" Jongdae hummed

 

"Can I talk to you seriously?" The smile on Chanyeol's face fell as he turned to stare at Jongdae and Jongdae could have sworn he had never seen anyone more serious than Chanyeol at that moment

 

". . . Sure" Jongdae swallowed nervously

 

Usually, Chanyeol was happy and hyper so it worried Jongdae that Chanyeol was staring at him with such an intent expression. It made him squirm with discomfort.

 

"I . . . I like you" Chanyeol confessed "Like . . . Like like you"

 

"A-are you sure?" Jongdae's eyes widened

 

"Yea. Ever since I first saw you . . . like 2 years ago" Chanyeol said sheepishly, his cheeks tinting pink "But I heard from Lu that you didn't think that I like you so . . . yea. Here I am. . . Confessing. . . Embarrassing right?"

 

"So you weren't messing with me?" Jongdae asks, not believing his ears

 

"Of course not" Chanyeol replies frantically "I would never"

 

"Then  . . .I . . I like y-you t-too" Jongdae blushed and looked away

 

Suddenly, long arms are wrapped around Jongdae and he's pulled into a bone-crushing hug that makes him feel oddly safe. When Chanyeol pulls away, his bright smile is back.

 

"Here" Chanyeol holds out his hand "Could you hold this while I go for a walk?"

 

Giggling, Jongdae blushes as he takes Chanyeol's hand. Getting up, Chanyeol leads them down the small path leading back to the dorms. Snuggling closer to Chanyeol, Jongdae relishes in the warmth he emits.

 

"You have something on your lips" Chanyeol says suddenly

 

As Jongdae reaches up to feel his lips with the hand that's not holding Chanyeol's, he's stopped by Chanyeol's free hand on his wrist. Leaning down, Chanyeol places a long, sweet kiss on Jongdae's lips that makes them both blush at the end.

 

"Oh. It was just my lips" Chanyeol said

 

Jongdae just giggled and lightly punched his boyfriend in the arm.

 

How could he fall for someone so stupid?


A/N: FLUFFEH~~ and Cheesy Pick up lines >.<

Im sorry I havent been udating my chaptered fics but I havent the inspiration TT^TT

I'll try to finish chapter 6 quickly and post it but I'll keep posting oneshots in the meantime