Chapter 8

The Fortune-Teller Said That You're My Future Husband

 

“So, so far you have holding hands, hugging, and sleeping in shoulder. Just three?!”

Chanyeol looked at Kyungsoo who showed his three fingers in front of his face. Chanyeol nodded slowly and continued eating his lunch.

“Wow, hyung, you’re so slow.” That was Jongin, saying and looking at him judgingly.

Chanyeol rolled his eyes, and glared at the youngest, “we've only dated for a week. What did you expect?”

“Not even a date, dude?” Now Kris was joining the squad to bully Chanyeol.

Chanyeol moved his glare to the oldest, “Baekhyun had been busy all week.”

“I doubt that Baekhyun still busy in weekend,” Kris said.

Chanyeol frown for a second. He didn’t tell his about the incident happened at Friday. It was a sensitive topic after all. Chanyeol would really love to have a date with Baekhyun on weekend. But once again he didn’t want to become an insensitive boyfriend who didn’t aware of his boyfriend’s condition at that time. Baekhyun might be still in shock or shaken after the Friday night.

“Baekhyun was also busy in weekend,” Chanyeol said briefly, trying hard not to sound suspicious.

“Still, though,” Jongin raised his hand and pointed at Chanyeol, “it’s already a week, you could have already kiss him, at least.”

Chanyeol sprouted out his drink and coughed, “wh-what?”

Jongin grinned at his best friend, “I kissed Kyungsoo as soon as he said yes.” Jongin earned a punch on the stomach from Kyungsoo. Not that it was a secret, though.

“I’m not like you,” Chanyeol scolded him.

“Hyung,” the youngest leaned his body closer to the cafetaria table, “he’s your future husband. If I were you, I’ll immediately have with him since I’m marrying him anyway.” Jongin got a smacked on his head from Kyungsoo.

“Watch your mouth, Jongin. And no, Baekhyun and I agreed to not bringing up the future husband thingie again. We’ll just date like a normal couple.”

“You still have to kiss him though.”

Chanyeol put down his chopstick, and glared at Jongin, “okay, that’s it.” He stood up and put his fake angry face and walked to Jongin’s seat.

Jongin’s eyes widened and laughed nervously, “hyung...I’m kidding, I’m kidding, hyung...aaaccckkk hyung!” Jongin screamed as soon as Chanyeol put his hand on the younger waist and tickled him. Chanyeol knew that was Jongin’s weak point and he just laughed when Jongin literally screaming and laughing at the same time because of the tickles. The whole cafetaria practically could hear their loud voices, and some of the students were watching them.

“Ahem,” Kyungsoo interrupted the two childish boys beside him. Chanyeol finally stopped and looked at Kyungsoo, “I think you need to behave, Chanyeol.” He pointed at the direction in front of him, “your boyfriend is watching.”

Chanyeol followed Kyungsoo’s direction. When he turned his head around, he could see Baekhyun standing not too far from their table, looking at him amusedly. Chanyeol immediately let go of Jongin and stood straight, as if he just caught stealing cooking by his mother when he was still a child. His friends laughed at him, and he can’t do anything about that because Baekhyun was watching him.

Chanyeol scratch his hair nervously then walked to Baekhyun. The latter was still smiling at him when Chanyeol finally stood in front him.

“Hey, Baekhyun,” Chanyeol greeted him awkwardly, “having lunch?”

Baekhyun nodded, “I just ordered my bulgeogi rice. What about you? Having fun?” Baekhyun grinned mischievously, amused by Chanyeol’s awkward smile, “you really love to make commotions, don’t you?”

“I’m not,” Chanyeol pouted. “Jongin was making fun of us.”

Baekhyun took his tray with bulgeogi rice and mineral water on it. He turned around to face Chanyeol again, “oh really? What did he say?”

“Oh, nothing, he didn’t—he just, uhm well you wanna sit with us?” Chanyeol stuttered and decided to change the embarrassing topic.

Baekhyun eyed him suspiciously but then he nodded. Chanyeol walked first then Baekhyun followed behind him. After two steps they took, Chanyeol stopped, “Kris is there. Let’s sit somewhere else.”

“What? What’s wrong with Kris?” Chanyeol kept silent and then it hit Baekhyun why his boyfriend acted that way. “Are you still jealous? Chanyeol, it was 2 years ago, for God’s sake. Let’s just sit I’m hungry.” Baekhyun walked passed Chanyeol and left him behind.

“Wait, Baekhyun,” Chanyeol yelled but it was too late, Baekhyun already stood on front of their table.

“Hi, guys, mind me join you?” Baekhyun smiled widely. Chanyeol already stood beside him now, looking anxious.

“Of course not, hyung. Take a seat!” Jongin welcomed him excitedly.

Chanyeol saw that there were only two seats left which were beside Kris and him. He quickly grabbed Baekhyun’s shoulder and ushered him to seat beside him, “you sit with me,” he said as he pushed Baekhyun to sit and earned some confuse looks from his friend.

Baekhyun sat and looked at Chanyeol amusedly. He thought Chanyeol was cute when he was jealous and possessive like this. He smiled then took Chanyeol’s hand, and he leaned over to whisper to him, “stop furrowing your eyebrows, and finish your ramen.”

Chanyeol was slightly taken aback by Baekhyun’s action. It wasn’t that he wasn’t used to holding hands or Baekhyun whispering to him. But it was the first time he did it in front of his friends. And judging from his friends’ wide eyes, they were also surprised. But the wide eyes quickly turned into sneaky eyes.

Chanyeol didn’t do what Baekhyun had ordered him, instead he watched his boyfriend was adding some soy sauce to his rice. Chanyeol leaned closer to Baekhyun, and whispered quietly, “so, how are you?” he didn’t want his friends to hear this conversation.

Baekhyun threw him questioning look, “uhm...I’m fine, thank you, and you?” Baekhyun answered half joking and half confuse.

Chanyeol laughed, and it made his friends were looking at them, but they still can’t hear what the couple were talking about. Both of them didn’t care, they just enjoyed their little own world. “I mean, you know, after that day,” Chanyeol whispered.

“You had asked me for million times through messages, Chanyeol, seriously now?”  Baekhyun gave him a disbelief look.

Chanyeol shrugged, “I just wanted to make sure that you’re okay.”

“Well, I am. It’s not a big deal,” Baekhyun assured him, but seeing Chanyeol still looked worried, Baekhyun held Chanyeol’s hand again and whispered to the taller’s ear, “let’s go home together again today.”

Chanyeol’s famous grin creep in and he immediately nodded like a little boy.

“Seriously, what did you guys talk about? Why are you grinning like that, hyung?” Kai yelled from across the table.

The said couple was smiling naughtily to their curious friends, “Baekhyun just whispered dirty words to me,” Chanyeol said jokingly, but succeeded to make all of his friends’ eyes plopped out.

“Yah!” Baekhyun punched Chanyeol’s shoulder lightly, yet still with smile on his face, “don’t believe this little over here, guys.”

All of them were laughing except for Chanyeol, he pouted cutely toward his boyfriend, “you’re lucky I really like you Byun Baekhyun.”

Baekhyun faltered a little by Chanyeol’s statement but he tried to cover it by a somehow awkward smile, and he ruffled the taller’s brown hair, “you know I’m joking. Stop pouting.”

Immediately, Chanyeol’s pout turned into a big grin. Yes, it was that easy. Other people in that table just watched the new couple in amusement.

Baekhyun let go of Chanyeol’s hand and he took his spoon. Just as he opened his mouth to eat his favorite food, he heard a voice came out from the speaker which installed in the cafetaria and all places in school.

“Student president Byun Baekhyun. Student president Byun Baekhyun. You were called to come to the principal office immediately. Once again, student president Byun Baekhyun please come to the principal office right now. Thank you.”

Baekhyun blinked once before he finally closed his mouth and put down his spoon. Everybody in their table and cafetaria were looking at him right now. He furrowed his eyebrows, principal would never call a student by speaker if it wasn’t for emergency things. They called him by ‘student president’, it meant it will be about student council matters.

“Baekhyun,” Chanyeol called him softly.

Baekhyun turned to his boyfriend and washed over his worried expression into a smile, “I need to go,” he said as he stood up from his chair.

“You haven’t eaten yet,” Chanyeol said concernedly.

“Don’t worry, it won’t take long. I’ll comeback here again,” Baekhyun fixed his tie nervously. Yes, he was nervous, this was the first time the principal called him, and all possible scenarios were running in Baekhyun’s head.  He turned to Jongin, “if you saw Tao, please ask him to stay here until I comeback.” Baekhyun knew that Jongin was in the same class with Tao, so Jongin must know him.

Baekhyun took one last glance to Chanyeol and the latter gave him an encouragement look. Then Baekhyun walked out of cafetaria.

 

~

“I beg your pardon, sir?”

Baekhyun really thought that his hearing was wrong, or he hoped so. This can’t be happening.

“You need to move the day of school’s festival to October 23th,” the principal repeated.

Baekhyun mouth gaped widely. He didn't care if it was rude or not, all he cared about right now was all his friends and juniors. “But it’s two weeks from now, Mr.Principal. It’s too soon. The preparation takes so much time.”

“I know, Baekhyun. I’m sorry. The school’s committee already decided to move the date earlier so the school’s festival wouldn’t disturb the mid term test in the early november.”

This was disaster, Baekhyun thought.

“You’re the student council president, I hope you can deliver the news to other students. You can use the auditorium if you need to.”

“Sir, this news is too sudden. Other students won’t accept this. Two weeks are too soon,” Baekhyun begged once more.

Principal shook his head, “I’m sorry, it was already decided.” The principal put on his poker face and Baekhyun swore he really wanted to punch him.

He tightened his jaws and bit his lips. There wasn’t any other chance, he couldn’t win this argument. This was the principal speaking after all. He gritted his teeth before bowed and left the room, didn’t bother to even say his good bye.

Baekhyun closed the principal office door behind him and leaned his back against it. This was so ed up. He was so confused and cannot think properly. He could feel that his face was as white as wall right now. But seriously, how the hell they could make a festival in two weeks? That was impossible, unless the students prepared it day and night non-stop. What the hell the school’s committee thinking.

Baekhyun panicked.

Chanyeol. He needed to find Chanyeol. He actually should find Tao right now to break the news, but he needed to see Chanyeol. He just needed it.

Baekhyun walked fast toward the cafetaria. As soon as he got there, he let out a sigh of relieved when he saw Chanyeol and the others, and Tao also had joined them, were still there, sitting in their table.

Kris who faced the cafetaria entrance saw Baekhyun stood there and he quickly nudge Chanyeol’s hand. “Chanyeol,” he called his friend.

Chanyeol looked up and saw Kris was looking at the cafetaria entrance behind him. He turned his body around and he found Baekhyun was standing not far from him. He immediately stood up from his seat when he noticed Baekhyun’s expression and pale face.

Chanyeol walked toward Baekhyun and the latter also walked toward him. When the older already stood right in front of him, he could clearly now see Baekhyun’s panicked face. “Baekhyun what’s wrong? Is everything okay?”

Baekhyun gripped both of Chanyeol’s upper hand, searching for something to hold on to. “Chanyeol, this is disaster. I swear, I—“

Chanyeol couldn’t here the rest of it because Baekhyun was just mumbling and covered his face with his hands. “Hey, hey, let’s sit first, okay?”

Baekhyun nodded and Chanyeol pulled him slowly to their seat with the others. When he finally sat down, Baekhyun immediately buried his face again in his hands and stayed silent. All of them, especially Chanyeol, were worried about him but they didn’t dare to speak.

Looking at his boyfriend who stayed still, Chanyeol eyed his friends and Tao, “Guys,” he said briefly, hoping that his friends understood that he was implying for them to go. Baekhyun needed space.

His friends nodded and stood up. Tao who still confused, forcefully pulled by Kris so he also stood up, but before he went, he came to Baekhyun and tapped his shoulder lightly, “hyung, if you need me, text me, okay?” Baekhyun didn’t looked up but just nodded.

Baekhyun was now left with Chanyeol only. The younger patiently rubbed Baekhyun’s back and waited for him to talk to him.

Baekhyun slowly raised his head and uncovered his face from his hands. Chanyeol’s heart fell when he saw how stressful Baekhyun seemed.

Baekhyun stared at Chanyeol and smiled weakly, “I’m sorry, did I scare you again?”

Chanyeol nodded, “what’s wrong?”

Baekhyun let out a heavy sigh and shook his head, “everything’s wrong. Everything’s messed up.”

“Want to talk about it?” Chanyeol asked, he didn’t want to force Baekhyun.

Some of the students were looking at them and the cafetaria was still full with people. But Baekhyun didn’t care. He needed to get out the heavy burden in his heart for awhile. “The principal talked to me,” Baekhyun lowered his gaze, and saw his hand was being held by Chanyeol. “He said the school festival would be moved on to October 23th.”

Chanyeol’s eyes widened, “what the hell?!”

“I know, right?” Baekhyun covered his face again. “Ugh, ing principal, this is disaster?!” He put down his hand and now his face was full with anger. “The worst part is he wanted me to deliver this news to the whole school. What the freaking .”

Chanyeol was shocked by the news. No wonder Baekhyun was furious, but he seriously didn’t know what to do to help Baekhyun. “Baekhyun, take a deep breath. Your face is very red.”

“How am I supposed to tell other students, Chanyeol? Really, they will be really angry with me?!”

“No, they won’t.”

“They ing will,” Baekhyun snapped.

Chanyeol had seen his boyfriend’s mood swing before. One minute he was sulking, and the minute after, he was swearing. Baekhyun being moody was scary as and Chanyeol still hadn’t used to it and didn’t know how to handle it. For now, he figured he will just stay silent until the president calmed down.

But, somehow, he had a bad feeling that he will meet the moody Baekhyun more often for the upcoming two weeks.

 

 

 

 


A/N:

Wtf did I just write................................

but things will start to get interesting from here kkkkkk please anticipate *smooch*