Chapter 6

The Fortune-Teller Said That You're My Future Husband

 

“He’s older than me?!”

“Wow, Park, so much for knowing your boyfriend,” Kris scoffed at his dumb friend.

The latter, still looking with disbelief expression at his cellphone screen which currently showing his boyfriend, a.k.a. Byun Baekhyun, profile in school’s webpage. “But, he’s so small. How could he even older than me?”

Kris rolled his eyes, “it’s just 6 months difference, you’re exaggerating. Besides, he’s not small. You’re the one who’s weirdly big.”

“Yeah, say someone who’s taller than me,” Chanyeol snapped at him. Speaking of being tall, Chanyeol was still upset because Baekhyun’s confession yesterday about him had a crush on Kris. Chanyeol looked at his phone again, but then immediately turned it off since there wasn’t any other useful information that he can get from the school’s student page.

It was lunch break time, and both Chanyeol and Kris were in the school’s cafetaria to get their lunch. Now that they had finished their food, Chanyeol suddenly thought of something ‘brilliant’, which was looking at the Baekhyun’s profile. But he the only useful information he got was Baekhyun’s birthday. That was that.

“So, where’s Baekhyun?” Kris asked as he drank his coke.

Chanyeol glared at him, “none of your business, Wufan.”

“Wow, wow, what’s with the rude manner?”

Chanyeol just shrugged. He shouldn’t be doing that to Kris. The latter was innocent about the crush thingie. Besides, Baekhyun said that he had forget it long ago, right? Chanyeol thought he was being unfair to taller guy in front of him.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to be rude,” Chanyeol finally said. “About Baekhyun, I don’t know maybe he’s not coming here,” he said as he looked around the cafetaria, looking for his boyfriend’s figure through the students’ crowd there.

“So, tell me,” Kris leaned his body to the front, getting closer to Chanyeol, “what happened after we left yesterday?”

Chanyeol looked startled for awhile because of the suddedn change of topic, but he could manage his expression, “Nothing happened. I just accompanied him waiting for his bus at the bus stop in front of school,” Chanyeol said while he stirred his orange juice.

Kris showed his not satisfied look, “just like that? Come on, there must be something.”

Chanyeol kept silent for a few seconds, looking slightly uncomfortable, this would be the first time for him to tell his love life to someone. “Well, we talked.”

Kris grinned, “and then?”

“He talked a lot about himself, like he likes boys who taller than him,” Chanyeol skipped the part about Kris. There was no way he would ever tell him that. “and he told me that he learned hapkido, and...” Chanyeol stopped as he remembered Baekhyun’s confession about him.

“And what?” Kris asked confusedly. Looking at his best friend’s face slowly became red, Kris’s eyes widened, “oh damn, did you guys kiss?”

“What? no—no, it was...” Chanyeol lowered his gaze in embarrassment. “He said that he was starting to like me,” he whispered but Kris still could hear it.

Kris furrowed his thick eyebrows, “you’re blushing just because he said that he started to like you?” he asked that in disbelief as he looked at the pouting Chanyeol. “Wow, dude, you really like him, don’t you?”

Chanyeol looked at Kris and grinned widely, “I do.”

Kris just looked at Chanyeol with ‘you’re gross’ expression, but he didn’t say anything because he knew that his best friend was happy. Kris could see how bright Chanyeol was now. His stupid friend was having his dream boyfriend, Kris felt like a proud father. “Just don’t forget to make me as the best man when you get married, okay?”

Chanyeol laughed and Kris actually saw Chanyeol’s eyes glowed, “I’m still torned between you and Jongin,” Chanyeol said jokingly.

“What did you just say?” Kris growled fakely. And both of them laughed together

~

“Baekhyun!”

Baekhyun turned his head around as he heard the familiar deep voice called his name behind him. He smiled when he found a tall boy with short brunette hair ran at him, a wide grin was tugged on his face and his backpack was bouncing behind him.

“Chanyeol,” Baekhyun stopped walking and waiting for Chanyeol to catch up to him.

Once again, some students were looking at them curiously while giggling and whispering with each other. Baekhyun rolled his eyes as he mentally facepalmed why this high school students loved to gossip.

“What’s wrong?” Chanyeol asked when he was already walking beside Baekhyun. He noticed Baekhyun’s annoyed face.

“I don’t like people always stare at us everytime we’re together.”

“It’s because we’re cute couple, or simply because they’re jealous, Baekhyun. Don’t sweat it.”

Baekhyun mumbled something like he still didn’t like being stared at, and Chanyeol just smiled at the smaller cuteness. “Say, Baekhyun, you wanna grab ice cream with me?”

As soon as Chanyeol got him into another topic, Baekhyun forgot about what he was nagged over a second ago. “Ice cream? Now? Where?”

Chanyeol smiled at Baekhyun’s excitedness toward the mention of ice cream. He actually didn’t know if the older liked ice cream or not, it just popped out in his mind like a couple minutes ago. “Yes, now. I don’t know, somewhere around the school maybe?”

Baekhyun’s smile creeped in slowly, “I know a great ice cream cafe around this school.”

“So you wanna go?”

“I never reject ice cream. Come on.” Baekhyun took Chanyeol’s hand and dragged him out of school.

Chanyeol stared at his left hand which intertwined with Baekhyun’s and he can feel his face heating up. This was their first holding hand, and Baekhyun was the one who initiated it. It was perfect.

Baekhyun, on the other hand, seemed didn’t care too much about it. He thought that it was normal for couple to hold hand like this. But it didn’t mean that he didn’t feel the electricity ran down from his hand to his whole body.

As they passed the school gate, Baekhyun turned his head to Chanyeol beside him, “why you suddenly asked me to go with you today?”

Chanyeol hummed for a second before he also turned his head to Baekhyun, slightly lowered his head because Baekhyun was shorter than him, “I haven’t met you all day, I miss you. and since we haven’t talked much either, I guess we could get to know each other as we eat later. Apparently, I just knew that you’re older than me.”

Baekhyun blushed a little when Chanyeol said that he missed him. He actually missed Chanyeol, too. But he decided not to tell him, “I’m older than you?” he asked that instead.

Chanyeol nodded, “yeah, 6 months difference, I was born in November.”

“Great, now you should always listen to me, okay?” the older of the two grinned.

“Hell to the no. I’m still taller than you,” Chanyeol .

“Really, Chanyeol, why you always bring up the height problem,”

Chanyeol just shrugged, “it’s my pride.”

Baekhyun rolled his eyes, “why are you my boyfriend again?” Baekhyun said, not really asking.

They walked quietly after than in comfortable silent. Hands were still interlocking. After a good few minutes of walking they finally arrived at the ice cream cafe Baekhyun talked about before. It was an ordinary cafe with no outstanding interior design, but still felt cozy for hang out.

Chanyeol looked at his boyfriend beside him who literally hadn’t stopped smiling after they entered the cafe. And now he looked more excited when he finally got to order, “I want double scoops, strawberry cheesecake and vanilla chocochips,” Baekhyun ordered his usual. “and...what do you want, Chanyeol?”

Chanyeol let off his stare on Baekhyun and looked at the menu in front of him, “what’s good in here?” Chanyeol asked the older.

Baekhyun was the regular of the cafe, so he basically had tried every flavors, “the best is what I just ordered, but you could also tried rainbow and mint chocochips, they’re also awesome.”

Chanyeol thought that the way Baekhyun spoke about ice cream was really adorable. He was like a 7 years old boy who told his dad about his good grades on school. It was a really different side of Baekhyun that Chanyeol had known for this two days. “I’ll ordered them, then,” Chanyeol said to the cashier.

Chanyeol and Baekhyun waited for their ice cream for 3 minutes before they finally sat on the table outside the cafe. Baekhyun was right, Chanyeol’s ice cream was really great. So, the cafe might be not so attractive but the taste of the ice cream was heaven. The younger was looking at the older who ate his ice cream little by little, as if he didn’t want his precious moment with ice cream gone.

When Chanyeol decided to focus with his own ice cream, he heard Baekhyun spoke, “so, Chanyeol, what do you want to know about me?”

Chanyeol looked up and blinked confusedly, “what?”

“You said that you want to know more about. You can ask me anything you want,” Baekhyun said as he his spoon. “But, don’t you dare to ask me weird questions.”

Baekhyun seemed in a really good mood because of his ice cream. Chanyeol didn’t want to waste it so he shooted the first question that come to his mind, “uhm, okay, how about... do you like music?”

Baekhyun smiled, “are you kidding me? I breath music.”

Chanyeol widened his eyes, “wow, really? Do you play or sing?”

“I sing, obviously. I can’t play any instruments,” Baekhyun told him casually, still while eating his ice cream. “What about you? I heard you play guitar.”

Chanyeol nodded, “I do. I also rap, and sing for certain songs.”

“We can do collaboration, you know. You play the guitar, and I sing,” Baekhyun stopped for awhile to eat his ice cream. “finally, we share the same interest,” Baekhyun laughed merrily.

Chanyeol joined laughing with him, “yeah, you know, I was kinda devastated yesterday when I know you’re so sporty. I’m no way near athletic.”

“I’m not sporty. I only did hapkido. Nothing else,” Baekhyun corrected.

“Right, why did you learn hapkido, anyway?” Chanyeol asked.

Baekhyun stopped smiling, and Chanyeol thought that he saw Baekhyun’s face became dark, but it might be just his imagination.

“I thought I already told you yesterday,” Baekhyun said while furrowing his eyebrows. “It’s because I’m small, I want to be able to protect myself.”

Now Chanyeol was the one who knit his eyebrows, “what made you want to protect yourself? Did something bad happen to you?”

Baekhyun put his empty ice cream cup to the table and gulped nervously, “I didn’t mention anything about something bad had happened to me, why would you think that?”

Chanyeol also finished with his ice cream then he rested his back at his seat, “no, I just thought that your reason was—“

“My only reason is just because I’m small, Chanyeol. Just as simple as that,” Baekhyun cut him off.

Chanyeol opened his mouth, wanting to argue, but then he closed it again immediately after he looked at Baekhyun who seemed uncomfortable. Chanyeol pursed his lips and tried to examine Baekhyun’s body. Sure Baekhyun was smaller than him, but he wasn’t that small for a normal boy. He wanted to argue but he decided to just let it slip.

Both of them remained quiet for awhile before Baekhyun finally broke the silent, “it’s getting dark. I think we should go home now.”

Chanyeol pouted, “why so hurry? We just arrived here 20 minutes ago.”

Baekhyun finally smiled again, “I’m sorry, Chanyeol. But I’m actually not a fan of the dark. And don’t be such a baby, we’ll meet again tomorrow, right?”

“I thought I could get at least 10 facts about you today, turned out I could barely get 2 information,” Chanyeol sighed.

Baekhyun stood up from his seat and walked to Chanyeol, “get up, big baby. Do you want to accompany me to bus stop or not?”

 Chanyeol was still pouting when he forced himself to stand up. But when he felt his hand was being hold again by his boyfriend, his pout turned into a grin.

“You know you’re ugly when you grin like that, right?” Baekhyun said jokingly.

Chanyeol nodded, “I can’t help it.”

Baekhyun shook his head, still amazed by Chanyeol’s dumbness. He thought he would never get used to it. “Come one,” Baekhyun dragged Chanyeol again just like before, “we could talk about the eight remaining facts about me on the way to bus stop, okay?”

Chanyeol’s grin grew wider. He really believed now that Baekhyun was older than him. He was definitely more mature and he seemed able to control Chanyeol’s childish behavior. Although Chanyeol knew that Baekhyun was actually still a child inside.

 Chanyeol tightened the grip of his hand and Baekhyun and smiled joyfully, enjoying the sunset with his very own boyfriend.

 

 

 

 


 

A/N:

I'm sorry if the past few chapters are a little bit uneventful, but Chanbaek needs some chapters for them to get to know each other before I put some conflicts, so yeah, bear with it ok bb. Let our Chanbaek have their peaceful moment for awhile :p 

and thank you for those of you who had subscribed and upvoted, I love every single one of you who took the time to read this story :*