Chapter 2

The Fortune-Teller Said That You're My Future Husband

Chanyeol knew that he was begging for a change. He was begging for something significant to happen to his life. He knew he was always ranting and whining on how boring his life was. But...should God really make his life turn upside down drastically like this?!

One minute all he thought was going to school tomorrow, and now....what...he knew who would become his future husband. Not to mention, his future husband was actually in front of him. 10 freaking meters away from him. And...he was attractive as hell.

No.

This wasn’t right.

This couldn’t be happening.

This was bull.

Chanyeol stood up and walked out of the fortune-teller’s tent abruptly. He didn’t care if he was being rude to the old woman and he also knew he was leaving Jongin behind. But he needed to get away as far as he could from his future husband. . Stop saying that.

The thing was, he forgot how fast Jongin was.

Jongin pulled him harshly. Chanyeol had only walked for about 7 meters from the fortune-teller’s tent but Jongin had already caught him. That was how un-athletic Chanyeol was.

Chanyeol turned around with mixed feelings going on in his heart and brain. “Jongin, let go!”

But of course Jongin wouldn’t obey him, “no, hyung! You just met your future husband, and you would just run away?”

“Lower your voice, you little !” Chanyeol hissed at Jongin. He felt sorry for doing that to Jongin, but he was just too confused right now to even have the time to filter his words. “and he’s not my future husband. This is bull!”

Jongin rolled his eyes, “come on, hyung. I knew the moment I saw your face that you actually believe it.”

“Just for a second there, yes I was. But then I realized that all of this can’t be happening, Jongin.”

“Why? Why not?”

“Because it’s stupid!” Chanyeol shouted.

“Errrrgghh,” Jongin groaned, “hyung! It’s your future husband there on the line, for God’s sake!” Jongin pointed at the man behind him.

Chanyeol shifted his gaze and once again took a look of the figure that the fortune-teller told him was his future husband, who was just a few meters away. He was really handsome, and beautiful, Chanyeol admitted. He had short magenta hair which suited him a lot. Like, a lot. It made him look really hot. His skin was also milky white. And in that second, Chanyeol had the urge to run to him and touch his beautiful skin. He was pretty short compared to Chanyeol, but he immediately measured that it would be the perfect height if both of them will hug each other.

It took all of his strength and will to look away from the petite boy.

“Jongin, please, let me go. I just...I'm really confused right now. I can’t even think straight.” Chanyeol looked at Jongin frustratedly.

“But, hyung...”

“If he really is my future husband...” Chanyeol let go of Jongin’s grip on him, and Jongin let go, “...we’ll meet again, right?”

Chanyeol took a step back. Jongin wanted to say something more but he's also really confused right now. He somehow felt guilty for forcing Chanyeol like that. Chanyeol must be beyond confused.

“I don’t want to believe the ing crystal ball. Let fate bring me to my future husband.” Chanyeol turned around and walked, but then he stopped and turned around again to talk to Jongin, “don’t follow me to my house. See you tomorrow at school, okay?”

Jongin only could nod. And that was the cue for Chanyeol to leave. He took one last glance of the boy who still stood in front of the tattoo stand, he seems like wanted to get a tattoo.

Except it wasn’t the last glance. It wasn’t at all.

 

~

Inhale. Exhale.

Inhale. Exhale.

That was what Chanyeol has been doing for the past two hours since he knew about..that thing. On his way home, he couldn’t concentrate even when he was walking home. All he could think about was the certain boy with a beautiful face. He only saw him for seconds but the image was really clear and stuck in his head. He couldn’t erase the boy’s figure in his thought. At all.

When he arrived at his apartment, he slammed his body to the bed and had wanted to bury himself to the center of the earth. Honestly, he didn’t know why he was acting like this. Why was it effecting him so much? It wasn’t supposed to be like this. He clearly said it himself and to that fortune-teller too, that he didn’t believe and will never believe any of those absurd things.

But, who was the one who stepped on his own now? Park Chanyeol. Who was the one who immediately believed the fortune-teller’s words the second after she said it? Park Chanyeol. Who was the one had a sudden crush to the boy who has been ‘predicted’ to become his husband? Park Chanyeol. Yes. Park Chanyeol was having a ing crush towards his own so-called-future-husband. Perfect.

Seriously, what will you do if you were in Chanyeol’s position? Could you imagine that somebody told you that the person 10 meters away from you was your future husband, and you didn’t know him at all, for crying out loud? What would you feel?

Chanyeol wanted to bury all of those curiousity and uncertainty. No, not just bury. He wanted to burn it, vanish it. He wanted to take back the time so he and Jongin wouldn’t even come to that fortune-teller and all of this won’t happen.

But, of course, he can’t do that.

He only could scream it out of his heart.

“AAAAARRGGGHHH!”

“Yah, Chanyeol! What’s wrong?” Chanyeol’s older sister, Park Yura, opened Chanyeol’s door as soon as she heard the scream. “Why are you screaming like that?”

“Close the door, noona.” Chanyeol said weakly as he covered his face with a pillow.

Instead of doing what Chanyeol had said, Yura entered his room and threw away the pillow which covered his brother’s face. “What happened to you? Where’s Jongin?”

Chanyeol pouted, “who’s your brother? Me or Jongin?”

“Awww,” Yura sat beside Chanyeol, “somebody’s jealous here.”

“I’m not.”

Yura grinned and ruffled his baby brother’s brown short hair, “come to the kitchen. I cooked you kimchi fried rice.”

Chanyeol looked at the clock on his bedside table, “it’s 7 pm already?”

“hmm...yeah?” Yura stood up and walked out from Chanyeol’s room, “hurry up, before it gets cold.”

Chanyeol sat up straight at his bed while staring at the clock. He thought it was only two hours after he got home. Did he really spend the entire time just thinking about...that guy?

.

Chanyeol didn’t even know his name.

He let out a frustrated sigh and decided to put the thought behind. He didn’t want anything to disturb his precious time when he was eating.

He walked in to the kitchen and found his older sister putting some kimchi fried rice to a plate. He guessed it was for him, and he was right. Yura put the plate at Chanyeol’s side of the dining table, and Yura already had her own kimchi fried rice.

When Chanyeol pulled out his chair, Yura looked up at him, “I really hope it’ll taste good. I ran out of pepper.”

Chanyeol took a seat and smiled, “it’s okay, noona.” He grabbed his spoon and immediately ate his fried rice. And it was good. His noona was always good at cooking. No wonder, he already took care of Chanyeol alone 5 years ago because their parents went abroad, and cooking became an obligation for her. “It was great,” Chanyeol said as he chewed the food.

Yura just smiled and began to eat, too. Both of them turned silent, enjoying the delicious food. However, Yura can’t miss the troubled look at his brother’s expression. “So, what’s with the scream earlier?” she asked bluntly.

Chanyeol choked a little and his sister quickly gave him water. He took it and drank it. After he was okay, he eyed his sister who was still staring at him curiously. He cleared his throat before speaking, “Nothing.”

Chanyeol mentally swore. Why must his sister mention about that again? For minutes there, Chanyeol totally forgot about the boy and actually enjoyed his meal.

Yura stared at him for awhile before she shrugged, trying to ignore the fact that his brother was lying. She knew his little brother too well to differentiate when Chanyeol was telling the truth or lying.

Chanyeol was relieved that Yura didn’t force him to explain the truth. But Chanyeol was now being uncomfortable as the image of the boy was on his mind again. He somehow lost his appetite. He looked at his sister, he kinda hoped Yura would force him to tell her the truth. Because honestly, here, Chanyeol was dying to tell about this to someone. He needed someone’s advices.

“Noona,” Chanyeol called his sister before his mouth can’t even stop. His brain and body were never cooperated well.

Yura looked up, “what?”

Chanyeol lowered his gaze and just stared deeply into his fried rice. “Do you believe in fortune-telling?” he asked.

He actually didn’t need to ask that question because the answer was obvious. He knew that his sister has been a fan of fortune-telling since a little kid.

“Of course. Why?”

Chanyeol looked up. Both of them had stopped eating despite the fact that they were still halfway to finishing it. “ Do you believe everything what the fortune-teller said?”

“Most of it, yes.” She furrowed her eyebrows, “Why, Yeol?”

He thought it was already too late to back off, so he just said it, “what if a fortune-teller tells you something about your future husband?”

“I don’t understand.”

“You know, let’s say the fortune teller points at a certain man, and she says he’s your future husband.”

“Okay, and your question is?”

“Would you believe it?”

Yura remained silent for awhile, her eyes was still on Chanyeol’s and the latter felt uncomfortable. “Well, it’s a difficult question, for sure.”

Chanyeol’s eyes widen, “I know, right?” He somehow felt relieved, his own sister who's popularly known as a big fan of fortune-telling was also in doubt when it came to this.

“Wait, Yeol.” Yura’s hand held Chanyeol’s wrist. “Is this about you?”

“Wh—what? No...I’m no—”

“Oh my God, Yeol! You met your husband? No, wait, is it husband or wife? Oh my God!”

“Noona...”

“This is amazing!”

“...listen to me, please.”

“...you believed it, didn’t you?”

“What? No, it’s—it’s complicated, okay?”

“Tell me, now. Is she or he hot?”

Chanyeol mouth hung open, “Noona! Why would I tell you anything about him?” Oh, .

“Him? HIM? It’s a boy? Holy mother, you’re having a husband?!” Yura stood up on her feet and jumped uncontrollably.

Chanyeol wanted to throw up badly. He quickly stood up and left his beloved and lovely sister. He should’ve known that he shouldn’t tell her anything.

 

 

 

 

 


A/N:

Will update the next chapter tomorrow since this chapter just a filler, short, and ty.

Thank you for those of you who read, comment, and subscribe.

and please comment because I want to know your opinions. thank you love you all <3