Chapter 19

The Fortune-Teller Said That You're My Future Husband

 

If Baekhyun could reject the camp, he will gladly would. But that wasn’t an offer. It was a task. A task that a student president should follow from time to time. This program was made by the high school committee of Seoul which had been occured since three years ago. Not actually all high schools in Seoul will go, just the selected ones, and Yeolshin High School always came, including this year, Baekhyun’s turn.

He didn’t actually against it. The previous president, Choi Minho, already warned him about this camp, and Baekhyun, at first, was prepared for it. What he didn’t prepared was Chanyeol.

It wasn’t that he’d be gone for months or years. It was only two weeks, and it shouldn’t be a problem. But Baekhyun knew Chanyeol better than anyone, despite of the fact they’ve only been dating for two months. Chanyeol would certainly against it. He could get angry, who knew. Baekhyun had witnessed how pissed Chanyeol was when Baekhyun forgot to wait for him to go home together, and how moody Chanyeol could get, sometimes worse than Baekhyun’s mood swing, when he didn’t get to see Baekhyun in more than two days; weekends, for example. Baekhyun honestly didn’t know how Chanyeol would react to this news  and the fact that there was Daehyun in the picture now wasn’t helping at all.

Chanyeol was scary in his on way, and that was why Baekhyun didn’t immediately tell him after he got the text from Mr.Heechul.

“You cannot not tell him, Baekhyun,”

Baekhyun sighed and ducked his head to his desk, “I will, Chen, I definitely will,” he mumbled.

Jongdae turned his chair around so he could face Baekhyun who sat behind him, “and when exactly is that? You’re leaving tomorrow morning.”

Baekhyun raised his head and grinned, “you didn’t get mad although I called you ‘Chen’. That’s new.”

“Shut up, you er,” Jongdae smacked Baekhyun’s head, “don’t change the topic. Answer my question, when are you gonna tell Chanyeol?”

Baekhyun cringed as he rubbed his head. He thought for awhile, when he was actually gonna talk to Chanyeol about his leaving. But he himself still didn’t know, so he just shook his head weakly.

Jongdae creased his eyebrows, “what is that? You don’t know or you don’t want to tell him?”

“I seriously don’t know,” he confessed, “I don’t know how.”

Jongdae blinked several times in disbelief, but Baekhyun did look confuse, “the students president don’t know how to talk to his own boyfriend. Wow, that’s...I’m speechless.”

“Relationship is complicated, Jongdae. You don’t understand.”

“Well, then, enlighten me,” Jongdae challenged him.

Baekhyun opened his mouth but closed it again immediately. He looked at the fretful face of his bestfriend before he finally sighed and spoke, “if Chanyeol knew I’ll be gone for two weeks, he’ll get angry. Piss off if I’m lucky enough. In short, he won’t let me go.”

“He will.”

“No, he won’t.”

“How do you know? You haven’t even talked to him.”

Baekhyun glued his mouth close. Yes, it was just his speculation. He could think like that because he knew that Chanyeol was practically a protective and possessive . More than himself. Well, what did you expect from someone who basically dare to claim someone as his future husband in front of the whole school.

Baekhyun was brought back to the reality when he felt Jongdae’s hand was on top of his. He looked up and saw Jongdae was smiling reassuringly to him, “you know, relationship is not complicated as long as there’s good communication between the two parties.” Jongdae patted Baekhyun’s hand and grinned mischievously, “especially in marriage. Talk to him. He’s your future husband, at least he won’t kill you.”

Baekhyun chuckled, and now it was his turn to smack Jongdae’s head, “that’s the loophole, dummy. He’s my future husband so he practically can do anything to me.”

~

“I buy deokpeokki, kimbab, and soda,”

“Are we celebrating something, Baek? Why are you buying me lunch all of a sudden?”

“Sit down, Yeol,” Baekhyun opened the can of soda one by one, and gave the blue one to Chanyeol, “we’re not celebrating anything, I just wanted to buy you lunch.”

“But, should we really have lunch in here?” Chanyeol took his seat on the floor, “it’s winter, and you chose rooftop. Nice choice of place, Baek. Can I eat the kimbab?”

“Yes, take it,” Baekhyun said as he saw Chanyeol a box full of fried kimbab. He hugged himself by fastening his blazer, “you know I like it here. Besides, it’s not too cold.”

Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun in between his brown fringe and saw his boyfriend wrapped himself around with his own hands and legs, “not too cold my . You’re freezing. You can’t even talk properly.”

Baekhyun admitted that this was too cold for his liking. Let alone eating, he can’t even talk without his teeth clenched against each other. But he didn’t come here to eat in the first place anyway. “I’m fine. You shouldn’t be worried about me.”

Chanyeol scoffed, “yah, Byun Baekhyun, you collapsed when you got too tired, you had fever because you didn’t eat much, and you got beaten up by a gang when you didn’t come home with me. You think I won’t be worried?”

Baekhyun gulped nervously. , he more or less already got the response he will get if he told Chanyeol about the camp. Baekhyun cleared his throat and drank the soda, trying to slow his heartbeat, “I-ugh I could take care of myself, you know.”

“Really? Tell me how exactly?”

Baekhyun opened and closed his mouth repeatedly, confused himself when he didn’t get the answers. Because seriously, he remembered vaguely how he took care of his own body as the pictures of Chanyeol was the one who always took care of him which came to his mind. He can’t even remember how he took care of himself before Chanyeol came.

When Baekhyun was still deep in his thought, Chanyeol grinned and pecked Baekhyun’s cheek, and made the older jumped in surprise. “You won’t find the answer because the answer is here,” Chanyeol pointed at himself, resulting Baekhyun stared at him confusedly. Chanyeol took off his own blazer uniform and put it on Baekhyun’s back, “I’ll be the one who will take care of you.”

Baekhyun laughed awkwardly in response. Chanyeol’s words shot right into his heart because the high accuracy of it. Damn, since when Chanyeol was that mattered to his life.

“What if you can’t?”

That words just slipped out from Baekhyun’s mouth without he realized.

“What do you mean?” Chanyeol responded.

Now it was too late to take back his saying. Baekhyun shifted his body so he could face the younger whom now was staring at him curiously. “I mean, you can’t be by myside 24-7, right?”

“Yes, I’m aware of that.”

“So, you can’t always take care of me,” Baekhyun continued.

“What are you trying to say, Baek? You don’t want me to take care of you?”

“No, no, it’s not what I mean,” Baekhyun stopped for awhile when he saw that Chanyeol’s eyes had slightly changed. He sighed and took a deep breath, and decided to spill the truth. Like Jongdae said, what could possibly happen anyway. “I need to go somewhere, Yeol.”

Chanyeol tilted his head to one side and blinked once, “where? After school? I’ll accompany you.”

“No,” Baekhyun snapped right away, “I mean, you can’t come because...because I’ll go to Busan for leadership camp.”

Chanyeol  furrowed his eyebrows, “sorry, what?”

“Leadership camp, an annual program from Seoul Academic Committee for every high school students council president in Seoul. It takes place in Busan. I still don’t know what are we going to do there exactly. But I think it will mostly seminar and—“

“For how long?” Chanyeol interrupted.

Baekhyun shut his mouth immediately. Here was the important part. “Two weeks,” he answered shortly.

“Two weeks? Fourteen days?”

“Fifteen days to be exact if you count the bus ride from Busan to Seoul.”

“When are you going?” Chanyeol asked again.

And this was the second important part, “tomorrow morning.”

Chanyeol’s mouth gaped and stayed hung open like it can’t possibly be closed again as he was too shocked by the news. “Tomorrow?”

“Yes, tomorrow. Oh my God, I should’ve told you earlier,” Baekhyun covered his face with his two hands.

“When did you get the info that you’ll go?”

“I received the text yesterday at your house. Yeol, I’m really sorry. I should’ve told you right away when I got the text.”

Chanyeol stayed silent, seemed like he was still trying to comprehend the fact that his boyfriend will be leaving tomorrow for two weeks. “Why didn’t you, then?”

His tone was far from mad. It was more like pure confusion, and Baekhyun didn’t know if he should be grateful or felt guilty. “I thought you’ll be mad at me.”

“Mad at you? How—Baek, of course I won’t. If yes, now I’m mad at you because you didn’t tell me earlier,” Chanyeol stopped for a mere second when he saw Baekhyun lowered his head, and he continued again, “is this why you brought me here and bought me lunch?”

It got to the point where Baekhyun just wanted to run away from there, but he knew that he definitely can’t do that. Chanyeol would totally kill him if he did that.

“How could you think I’m gonna mad at you?” Chanyeol asked in a disbelief tone. Baekhyun looked up at him, and Chanyeol sighed to release whatever heavy feeling tug in his heart. “Now, what should I do, Baek? I only have less than 24 hours to be with you before you go.”

~

It was a lie if Chanyeol didn’t dissapointed at Baekhyun’s confession. No. It wasn’t the part when he said he will go. But the part when Baekhyun said he thought Chanyeol would be mad at him.

Never did Chanyeol want Baekhyun to be afraid, especially afraid of him. He wanted to become someone who Baekhyun could lean on, depend on, and the first person he would tell if something happened, good or bad.

Although Chanyeol admitted that his temper could easily go high. Not the y one like Baekhyun’s, but more like scary and cold. And Baekhyun was probably right. Chanyeol might get angry at him if Baekhyun told him because honestly Chanyeol was this close to snap at his boyfriend back there. But the heavy feeling tugged at his heart made him almost couldn’t talk at all.

Chanyeol was afraid.

It hit him hard as it registered to him that Baekhyun was going to be away from him for two weeks, with no communication allowed. Two weeks were a lot for them whom almost met each other every day and exchanged texts every night.

Two months of Baekhyun and suddenly he needed to go for fourteen days was too much for Chanyeol.

Chanyeol sighed loudly and the white breath came out from his mouth. He fidgeted on his feet as he looked back at Baekhyun’s house, waiting for Baekhyun to come out.Chanyeol had waited since five minutes ago to say his goodbye to Baekhyun before the bus picked him up at his house and brought him to Busan in this early morning.

Just as Chanyeol’s palm began to feel numb because of the cold, Baekhyun opened his door, ready with his big and puffy red jacket, a backpack and one more bag on his hand. He widened his eyes when he saw Chanyeol was standing right outside the gate.

“Chanyeol? What are you doing here?”

Chanyeol forced himself to smile although his lips were trembling, “Hi, Baek.”

Baekhyun closed the door behind him and hurriedly walked to Chanyeol, “don’t tell me you’re gonna send me off.”

“Yes, I am,” Chanyeol said as Baekhyun opened the gate and got himself out from his front yard.

“You really shouldn’t have. Oh my God, you’re trembling,” Baekhyun put down the bag on his hand and pulled Chanyeol into his embrace. “How long have you been here?”

Chanyeol snuggled his big body into Baekhyun’s small one and put his cold face in between Baekhyun’s shoulder and neck, trying to warm it up. “Five minutes. The temperature is crazy.”

“And you’re such an idiot for just standing out here,” Baekhyun said as he tried to rub Chanyeol’s back.

“It’s okay,” Chanyeol mumbled, “at least now I could get your hug.”

“Are you silly or what? If you wanted my hug, you could’ve just ask. Not risking yourself to catch fever.”

Chanyeol broke the hug but still held Baekhyun’s hand. Both of them stayed quiet, and Chanyeol could only stared at every inches of Baekhyun’s face.

“Listen to me carefully,” Chanyeol ordered as he cupped Baekhyun’s face with his large hands. He didn’t have many times, the bus could come anytime soon now. “Don’t forget to eat three times a day. Sleep, don’t you ever try to stay up late. Take your vitamin, I’m pretty sure the schedule is really tight and you can’t afford to get sick.”

Baekhyun’s lips formed a little smile, and he just nodded in response.

Chanyeol continued, “don’t flirt with other presidents from other schools, and don’t let them even try to hitting on you. Especially that Daehyun guy. He’s coming too, right? Just stay away from him. Please have mercy on me, okay Baek? I’m already stressed out missing you and thinking about your well-being there. I can’t handle worrying about some boys or girls hitting on you, too.”

Baekhyun was just about to open his mouth to speak when he heard the sound of the bus behind him.

“, it’s coming,” Chanyeol was now freaked out, “Baek, I—“

Baekhyun didn’t let him finish and just kissed him on the lips, soft and warm, and it felt a lot like a goodbye kiss, and Baekhyun hated it so much. He broke the kiss when he could hear the bus was getting closer, and he knew he didn’t have much time. “You talked too much, and you don’t even let me say anything to you. I don’t have much time, so listen. All those requests you said to me, it applies to you too, okay? Take care of yourself, and—“

“Baek, can I say two more things?”

Baekhyun stopped, and nodded fast, “what? Hurry.” Now the bus already stopped in front of them.

“I miss you,”

Baekhyun laughed, “Yeol, I haven’t even gone yet.”

“I already miss you. , I won’t survive these two weeks for sure.”

“You’re exaggerating. What’s the second one? Hurry up,”

The bus’ door opened and made a crack sound at the same time when Chanyeol leaned over to Baekhyun’s ear and whispered him something which succeeded to make Baekhyun froze.

Chanyeol stood straight again, and Baekhyun clearly saw him was smiling at him softly, “did you just say—“

“Yes,” Chanyeol nodded.

Baekhyun’s cheeks flushed an adorable shade of pink before he cleared his throat an tried to maintain his heartbeat, “say it again.”

Chanyeol grinned and laughed as he fixed Baekhyun’s messy hair slowly, “I’ll say it again when you come home. So come back soon, okay?”

 

 

 

 

 


IMPORTANT A/N PLEASE READ:

HAI GUYS SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE, AND HERE'S THE THING.....

I'm planning to graduate college in this upcoming 8th semester. Now I'm currently making my (endless) thesis even though it's still holiday season. but yeah, making thesis is hard man! soooo, I can't update this story regularly. but I could at least update it once a week. AND, the only time I could go to aff now is just when I post new chapter, like seriously guys I literally have no time to open aff now, even just for reading new chanbaek story updates, SO NOW I can't reply to all of your comments anymore..............................omg I wanna cry. but if I have time I definitely will reply!! please still do commenting I love all of your comments!

ANOTHER-A/N:

-I REALLY REALLY HOPE THIS CHAPTER IS NOT CRAPPY ALTHOUGH I KNEW THIS WAS A TOTAL FAIL

I LOVE YOU ALLLLLLLLLLLLLL