Chapter 14

The Fortune-Teller Said That You're My Future Husband

 “Namjoo, let go of me,” Chanyeol tried to shove Namjoo away. He didn’t want Baekhyun to misinterpret what had happened here because Chanyeol had nothing to do with this. This was all Namjoo who took the stupid actions on him.

“Oppa, what’s wrong? Don’t you miss me?” Namjoo whined with her cute voice as she kept her hands clutching on Chanyeol’s neck.

“Namjoo, let go—“

Chanyeol stopped talking half way and he didn’t need to push Namjoo again since Namjoo was now being pulled by Baekhyun, “let go of him,” Baekhyun said as he threw her hands.

Namjoo’s eyes widened and gaped in disbelief because of what Baekhyun had done to her, “Baekhyun oppa, what are you doing?”

Chanyeol could clearly see that Baekhyun was extremely mad right now. His face was red but he could keep his composure together. However, this made Chanyeol more afraid. Baekhyun held his anger back was scary.

“You can’t just hug and kiss anybody around, Namjoo-ssi” Baekhyun said with his calm yet cold voice. Chanyeol felt his nape shivered.

“Wait, you guys know each other?” Chanyeol turned his head respectively to Baekhyun and Namjoo, confused by both of them calling each other’s names.

Namjoo tilted his head, “why is that?” Namjoo ignored Chanyeol and talked to Baekhyun instead. “Besides, Chanyeol oppa is not anybody. He’s my future husband,”

“Yah Kim Namjoo!” Chanyeol exclaimed.

Baekhyun smirked, that kind of smirk which Chanyeol never saw before. And it scared the hell out of Chanyeol. “Oh really? Last time I checked, Chanyeollie is my future husband.”

Well, this was bad.

“You call oppa by Chanyeollie? How dare you!”

Namjoo almost looked like she wanted to choke Baekhyun and Baekhyun was this close to lose his control and snapped at her if Chanyeol didn’t come between them. And luckily, now all of his friends came to them and Jongin was holding Namjoo, “Go, hyung!”

Chanyeol took Baekhyun’s wrist and immediately dragged him out of this mess. He can’t manage to put Baekhyun and Namjoo together or else world war III will be occurred there. he hoped Jongin and the others could take care of Namjoo. Besides, he needed to explain to Baekhyun before Namjoo could say something untrue again.

The things was, angry Baekhyun was never easy to deal with. And if usually Chanyeol was stronger, then angry Baekhyun could be 5 times stronger than Chanyeol.

Baekhyun snatched his hand away from Chanyeol’s grip and he was free. Baekhyun stopped in his track and forcefully turned Chanyeol around, “what the hell was that?”

Chanyeol gulped because now the whole corridor were looking at them, “Baek, not here,” Chanyeol tried to catch Baekhyun’s arm again, but the latter quickly moved away.

“Don’t touch me. I can walk by myself,” Baekhyun walked passed Chanyeol and the taller boy could only sigh in defeat.

Chanyeol followed where Baekhyun had gone to, and of course it was the rooftop. As soon as they arrived there, Baekhyun put both of his hands on his waist, and turned around to face Chanyeol, “Explain,” he said briefly.

At that moment, Chanyeol was grateful that he was having a boyfriend. Having a boyfriend meant no dramatic run away and tears and yelling and so on and so on. But at the same time, Chanyeol was also afraid because this was the very first time Baekhyun was angry to Chanyeol. Who knows what the smaller boy can do to him.

“You saw it with your own eyes, Baek. She was the one who pulled me first and—“

“Who is she?” Baekhyun stopped him in the middle.

Chanyeol realized that Baekhyun’s palm was tremble though he didn’t know if it was because of the cold weather or his anger. “She’s Kim Namjoo,” Chanyeol answered.

Baekhyun rolled his eyes and pulled his magenta hair frustratedly, “I know who she is, Chanyeol. She’s the girl I showed the school around. I’m asking you what’s her relation to you.”

“She’s the annoying girl?” Chanyeol wanted to ask further, but the glare Baekhyun gave to him made him remembered to answer his boyfriend’s question. “Namjoo is my childhood friend. We were neighbors since we were babies and I always played with her.”

Chanyeol waited for any kind of reaction from Baekhyun but he just stood still and wore the same expression, so Chanyeol continued his explanation, “when we finally grew up, she seemed had developed feelings for me. I don’t know, at first she just looked like a protective little sister but then she started to prohibit me from dating. Then two years ago, she followed her parents to Paris. We lost contact after that so I don’t even know that she was coming back and applying at the same school with me.”

Baekhyun scoffed, “of course she’s following you. You’re his future husband.”

Chanyeol let out a desperate sigh, “Baek, you know she just made that up. She’s always like that, going around telling people that I’m his future husband so no one will come closer to me.”

“And you like that, don’t you?”

“What? Of course not. I have you and you clearly know that you’re the one who will become my husband. We’re dead end and you shouldn’t be jealous of her,” Chanyeol stated.

Baekhyun’s jaw tightened and the flames on his eyes were back, “I shouldn’t be jealous? Chanyeol, a ing girl just hug and kiss my boyfriend in front of me, and you said I shouldn’t be jealous? Are you kidding me?”

“No, God, it came out wrong. What I mean is—“

“Stop,” Baekhyun put his right hand up in front of Chanyeol’s face, stopping him to talk further, “stop. I just can’t with you right now.”

Chanyeol could felt his heart fell to his stomach and his shoulder stiffened as if the whole world was on his back. This was bad. Baekhyun’s last sentence was what Chanyeol feared the most through their argument.  But then Baekhyun finally said it, so Chanyeol couldn’t really do anything.

“Baek, please, I’m really sorry,” Chanyeol pleaded.

But Baekhyun was too numb because of the dissapointment to hear any Chanyeol’s sorries and begs. And Chanyeol somehow felt that Baekhyun might need some space for a while. Angry Baekhyun meant unclear mind, and unclear mind meant every words that came out from Chanyeol’s mouth will always be wrong in Baekhyun’s ear. So, in the meantime, Chanyeol will just leave Baekhyun alone.

~

Except, Chanyeol couldn’t hold being stay away from Baekhyun for long time.

Chanyeol was new at Baekhyun’s silent treatment toward him and the younger boy clearly couldn’t stand being ignored by his boyfriend.

Baekhyun haven’t said a word to Chanyeol since they left the rooftop. He also didn’t wait for Chanyeol so the two of them can go home together. Chanyeol was frustrated, wondering what  he should do to fix this.

Today was their first month anniversary but Namjoo came and destroyed once a good day for him and Baekhyun. But Chanyeol wouldn’t let this special day ended just like that. He had succeeded to avoid Namjoo all day and he already planned to make this day better.

Besides, he wouldn’t be able to sleep at night, knowing that Baekhyun still mad at him.

~

 Baekhyun looked at his phone devastatingly. He pouted and slammed his body again on top of his bed.

Chanyeol had stopped calling him since half an hour ago. Although Baekhyun didn’t answer and didn’t have the plan to answer it even if Chanyeol called again, it just made him slightly happy to know that Chanyeol tried to reach him. Yes, Baekhyun was a masochist. He knew.

But, as much as he wanted to answer the call, his ego won. He was hurt and he wanted Chanyeol to feel the pain he was in.

Seeing the girl he disliked hugged and kissed his own boyfriend, though it was just on the cheek, made him wanted to throw the girl out of the window and kept Chanyeol into his pocket, untouched by that annoying little girl.

He knew Namjoo was the one who did all those disgusting things, but he can’t help to get mad at Chanyeol because all Chanyeol did was just trying to push her, weakly, for crying out loud. As if he enjoyed the hug and the closeness between them. Or maybe Baekhyun was just speculating but at least that was he had seen with his eyes, or his imagination.

But, although he was angry at Chanyeol, he admitted that, damn, he couldn’t stay mad at him for long because, damn again, he missed him. Not talking and trying to ignore Chanyeol were hard because he didn’t get used to it. For the past one month, they will always have the time to talk and walk to bus station together. And the fact that today they didn’t do that, was killing him inside.

There was a knock on his door and Baekhyun opened the door lazily, “what?” he said to his mother who stood outside his room.

“Chanyeol’s outside,” Mrs. Byun answered shortly before she turned around and left her son dumbstruck on his feet.

Baekhyun blinked rapidly and shook his head, trying to come to his sense. He closed his door behind him and walked down the stairs slowly.

When he arrived in front of his front door, it was already opened and he found Chanyeol stood right outside it, looking down at his lanky legs, not noticing Baekhyun’s arrival.

“Chanyeol,” Baekhyun said lowly, wanting to hint his presence.

Chanyeol raised his head, and his eyes met Baekhyun’s, “Baek—“

“What are you doing here?” Baekhyun said as he was just one feet away from the taller boy.

Chanyeol opened his mouth to say something, but then he closed it. He clenched his eyes shut and sighed. He opened his eyes and his stare landed on Baekhyun’s again before he finally lifted up his hand and handed a paper to Baekhyun, “this is for you.”

Baekhyun’s stoned expression faltered as he saw the paper and was replaced by a confuse look, “what’s this?”

Chanyeol waited for Baekhyun to take the paper, when he did, Chanyeol explained, “my gift for you. I promised you earlier, remember?”

Baekhyun quickly opened the folded plain white paper, eyes widening at what he saw. On the paper, a colorful handmade drawing of a beach was on it, along with a few words on top of it, saying “Happy 1 month anniversary, Byun Baekhyun. Thank you for staying with me for this one month. And I can’t wait to fill my many years ahead with you.”

Baekhyun bit his inner cheek as he tried to suppress his laugh. All anger aside, this was the cheesiest and dumbest present he ever received in his entire life. Well, what could he expect. He was dating the dumbest person on earth, so, yeah.

“You literally made me a present,” Baekhyun stated, eyes still locked on the drawing.

“Yeah, Kris helped me on the drawing. That’s why it’s kind of, uhm, disaster,” Chanyeol scratched his head.

Baekhyun’s head raised and he looked up at Chanyeol. He hated himself for being weak because now all of his anger was washed away by all of this dumb yet cute present and Chanyeol’s puppy eyes. “What am I going to do with you, Chanyeol?”

Chanyeol took a step forward and closed the gap between them, “Baek, can you please call me by nickname again? Because you keep call me ‘Chanyeol’ since the incident and it’s killing me.”

“But your name is Chanyeol,” Baekhyun chuckled.

“I know, it’s just—“ Chanyeol sighed and Baekhyun thought that Chanyeol really looked tired, “I need to know that we’re still Baek and Yeol.”

And just like that, all Baekhyun’s wall of anger crumpled down. “Of course you’re still my Yeol. And I’m still your Baek.”

Chanyeol let out the breath he didn’t know he was holding and he rested his head on Baekhyun’s shoulder.

Both of them fell into silent for a while before Chanyeol spoke, head still on Baekhyun’s shoulder, “are you still mad at me?”

Baekhyun shook his head, “but I still hate you.”

Chanyeol lifted his head and stood straight again, “I’m really sorry, Baek. You can hate me as much as you want, but please don’t ignore me again. I hate myself for making you mad at me, especially on our anniversary day. I promised I won’t let Namjoo, or other girls and boys, hug or kiss me, or whatever.”

“You’re rambling,” Baekhyun said.

“I don’t know. My head is messed up.”

“I forgive you,” Baekhyun sighed, “I’m sorry too for mad at you. It’s just I’m really jealous. She hugged and kissed you when me myself rarely even get any of those.”

So Chanyeol kissed Baekhyun. He leaned over and wrapped his hands around Baekhyun’s waist, pulling him closer and kissing him. Baekhyun was surprised at first but he finally returned the kiss. The kiss was soft and gentle, just like their first kiss.

And Baekhyun had a feeling that kissing Chanyeol would always feel like this even if they did that countless of time.

Chanyeol broke the kiss but kept maintained the distance between them. He grinned when he saw Baekhyun’s pink cheeks.

“Don’t even think that I stop hating you just because you kiss me, Yeol. I still hate you,” Baekhyun said.

Chanyeol laughed, “I know.” He pulled Baekhyun again, but this time, into his embrace. “I kissed you because I wanted to.”

Baekhyun burried his face on Chanyeol’s coat and Chanyeol put his chin on Baekhyun head. And they stayed like that for a good minute before Chanyeol broke the silent, “Baek, do you like my present?”

Baekhyun nodded, smiling secretly, “I like it. But,” he raised his head and looked at Chanyeol, “will you always give me a handmade present like that? Even for our wedding anniversary? I mean, it’s cute, but—“

Baekhyun didn’t get to finish his protest because Chanyeol was laughing hard and it made Baekhyun also shook since Baekhyun was still in Chanyeol’s hug.

“Of course not. I’ll give you the real presents in the future,” Chanyeol said proudly.

Baekhyun smiled and snuggled into Chanyeol’s chest again, putting aside all his jealousy and anger aside. Their first month anniversary was surely memorable because of the incident that afternoon and Baekhyun had a feeling that Namjoo will still become the obstacle on his relationship.

But for now, Baekhyun didn’t care as long as he had his Yeol and a little promise Chanyeol had written on his paper present for Baekhyun.

“Hey, Baekkie,” Chanyeol called him, and Baekhyun looked up, “have you read my message for you below the drawing?”

Baekhyun blinked once before he lifted the paper and looked at it. And there was a short message written by Chanyeol which Baekhyun hadn’t notice before.

It said, “Go to beach with me?”

 

 

 

 


A/N:

-fast update because the last chapter was super short I'm sorry

-I was this close to make Baekhyun run away and Chanyeol run after him after namjoo hug and kiss him, but then I remember that Baekhyun is a boy and I want to make this story as realistic as possible. because I think one of the perks of having a gay relationship, especially if it's boyxboy is that they can have a reasonable talk between them without someone crying and being drama queen. so yeah, idk I just speculated.

-and their fight is short because me myself can't stand they're fighting when today is two days before new year (what kind of reason is this) but yeah basically I can't stand them being mad too long, so...

-but the drama with namjoo will continue in the next chapters kekekeke *evil laugh*

-and the beach, yeay!

-I love you guys so much, my beloved readers and subscribers!!!! thank you thank you thank youuuuuuuuuuu <333333