Heartbreak

More... Than Just Friends?

(ChoonHe POV)

But I really, truly, seriously, do love you.

No joke....

I mean, I know we're just childhood friends but can't we ever be more than that?............... More............... than.............. just..........

.......friends?

The dream that I've been keeping to myself for who knows how long.... will it ever be fulfilled? Or will it forever be an undying hope to be his? Sigh. I continued to talk to myself.

People alwasy get the wrong idea of me being his girfriend. You guys probably did too. Sorry to break it to you, but we're not. You see, he's just my childhood friend. We've been friends ever since the 5th grade when he moved in next door to my house. I guess we were really similiar too; Both liked to sing, dance, sleep.... a LOT. And oh, our last names are the same. Yup, -Kim. He'd go to my house everyday just to eat my mom's cooking. That guy! Thinking about it, maybe just being good friends is enough for me. Well at least, for the time being it's ok. I don't want to ruin the relationship we have right now. Telling him I love him could have our friendship make a drastic turn. I sighed yet again.

Although, it would be nice. Walking down the streets, my arms wrapped around his shoulder, his eyes locked on mine, our way of telling the world that he's my prince.... and I'm his......

.........princess. That would be heaven, but I guess I'll just have to wait until the right time. Wonder when that'll ever be.

As I stepped out of my thinking mode, I finally noticed that we were in front of the school. Immediately after we stepped in front of the gates, the school bell rang. "Crap. ChoonHe, let's get to class before the teacher does first." I nodded. Afterwards he grabbed my hand and ran to first period. I could feel my cheecks turning into a light tint of red.

Urghh.... this is really really embarrassing. Even so, I still can't say I hate it. It was a bittersweet moment. It made me feel safe and secure, as if he will always be by my side and never ever leave. Well, at least, that's what I thought.... until the next turn of events horrificly changed everything.

We entered the classroom.

"Hey babe!" Jonghyun greeted as he suddenly let go of my hand and walked up to another girl. I stared at my hand. He let go...... and walked up to a girl..........

.......................................... that wasn't............. me.

I looked up at the two and stood, shocked at the scene unfolding. H-h-h-h-h-he's holding her waist, and she's holding h-his. I practically got stabbed by 100 knives all at once. What really hurt the most was the next scene happening.

He kissed her........ on the forehead. I could feel tears at the corner of  eyes as his soft lips gently landed on that girl's forehead. I fought hard to hold the tears back. Don't jump to conclusions ChoonHe. Maybe he's just being over-friendly with skinship? Yeah that must be it. He's probably just------

"ChoonHe?" My classmate who is also my other best friend, Onew,  had questioned, " You okay? Your eyes are kind of teary." Well no duh CAPTAIN OBVIOUS! 

I paused for a little while, wondering whether to respond or not. "Huh? Oh....... yeah....... just a little......... um........ dust. That's right! Dust." Smooth ChoonHe. Great! Out of all the excuses you could have chosen, most having to di with girls' periods, or should I say 'TOMs' a.k.a- time-of-month. Sigh..... I'm so stupid. Urghhh. PABO! PABO! PABO! I was so busy scolding myself about  being a pabo that I ended up forgetting about Onew.

"Uhh..... ChoonHe?" He waved a hand in frot of my face trying to get my attention. "You sure you ok? I can take you to the nurse's office if you want."

I backwards-walked to my seat saying, " No. Seriously, it's fine. I just need some------- OWWW!!!!" I swiftly turned around trying to find out who I stumbled against. OH TT. It's Jonghyun!!! And that girl. I remembered the teary eyes so I hurriedly rubbed them, but made it seem like I was wiping the invisible sweat off my forehead. I turned around planning to head to my seat before something happens. Although, something did happen.

"ChoonHe." Jonghyun said grabbing my wrist. Just by the touch of his hand, the feelings of longing for him had found it's way back to my mind and soul. "ChoonHe, I want you to meant someone." He pointed over to the girl who he was hugging earlier.

He continued, "This is Shin Sekyung. My...." Oh no. Please don't be his girlfriend! Please just be his cousin, or tutor, or really REALLY good friend. Ok take back all the really's. I don't want any competition over who's a better friend. Oh no. Here he comes! I tried covering my ears..... 

But I was too late. ".....girlfriend."

These heartfelt emotions I had for him after all these years had come crashing down in a second. I just stood there, paralysed by the stinging of his voice.

That's it.............

             I had been cracked open...........

                                         And broken into pieces............