forty; say yes

Some Girls Have All the Luck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Mina woke up with a start. Dammit. It was all a dream. She really thought it was real. She would have hugged him but it wasn't real. It was just a dream after all. She muttered a curse under her breath as she looked at the digital clock on the bedside table. It was already seven in the morning. Sehun wasn't here yet, he was still away and she had no idea when he will be back.

She sighed in annoyance as she got up from her bed. Her aunt was no longer there when she went to the kitchen. She ate breakfast all by herself. Upon checking the fridge, she realized they ran out of food. So it was time for her to go to the supermarket.

This was familiar. Right. Her dream. She wondered if she'll bump into Sehun.

Or maybe not.

With just a denim shorts and a red loose t-shirt, she dashed out of her house. She only realized she forgot to bring her phone when she was already in the bus. Great, just great. Today was surely her unlucky day.

When it was her stop, she went out of the bus. She remembered her dream when she crossed the road. She was actually hoping that the same thing that happened in her dream will happen right now too. But it didn't.

Silly, she thought to herself. That's why it's called dreams because it isn't a reality. Stupid!

After the supermarket, she wasted no time and headed home. She actually doesn't have the feels to enjoy herself elsewhere today. She has no energy to have fun, just like these past few days. Her thoughts went to Sehun again. She wondered how he was doing or was he okay.

A loud car horn suddenly reached her ears and Mina fell back to earth. Only to be shocked upon seeing an approaching car. The car moved so fast she thought she might get hit. She almost dropped her grocery bag. To her relief, the car screeched to a stop, stopping almost close to her.

"Hey! Who do you think you are driving so fast like this is a race track huh? You spoiled little brat! This is a pedestrain lane, you idiot!" She fumed as she kicked the car's front bumper. "You almost killed me! Your money won't save my life if you—" She stopped short upon realizing she said the same thing from her dream.

Oh, shiny frog! What a déjà vu!

The car door opened and her heart started to thump wildly. But to her disappointment, it wasn't Sehun. Instead it was a chauffeur. "I'm sorry, are you alright?" The old man asked her. She, however, couldn't find any words to say. Must be because she had never felt a great disappointment in her entire life until now.

Even before she could reply, the car's passenger door opened. Mina's jaw dropped to the ground. Was she dreaming again? Because if she was, she wanted to sleep longer. "S-Sehun?"

 

 

From the corner of her eyes, Mina watched Sehun while he was watching some couples passed them by. They were in the park, sitting on a bench together. His chauffeur went home without him. She secretly pinched her arm thinking that she must have been dreaming. This was really Sehun, right? This wasn't a dream. It's him. He's back. Right?

She wasn't convinced so without a warning, she poked Sehun's cheek. He flinched at her sudden action. "I'm real. You're not dreaming." He said.

She sighed in relief. "I thought I'm just dreaming again." He blinked at her, his eyes filled with questions but he didn't dare to ask one. An awkward silence engulfed them both until she decided to break it. "So...you're back for good?" She asked.

Sehun smiled. "Yeah, I am." She was looking at him the same momen he looked at her. She realized her face was close to his m and she awkwardly looked away. Sehun did the same, too. She slowly moved her head and her eyes landed on his hands, trying to catch a glimpse of a ring on his fingers. But she couldn't see a thing.

"So are you married?" She said it out loud and it was too late to take it back. She could only bite her lip when he looked at her. "You don't have to answer that." She mumbled.

He snickered as he raised his left hand. "Did you see a ring?"

"Uh, no. I haven't seen a ring." She muttered almost out of breath. Jeez. Can he just tell her if he's already married or not? She wasn't interested in guessing game.

"Yeah, because I'm not married." He said, a hidden smile was slowly appearing from his lips. "I didn't marry anyone. I'm still free as a bird—"

"Really?" She blurted happily before she could stop herself.

"Unless if you're willing to go out with me on a date." He continued as he looked at her in the eye.

She was totally loss for words. Did he just indirectly ask her on a date? Holy smokes!

"What I've told you, Mina, it's true." He added and she was just staring at him as she listened. "I like you and I'm not using you to get out from marriage. I did what you told me. I told my parents about what I feel. And I told them about you—"

"Y-You told them about me?"

"You told me to be honest to them, right? So I did." He said. "I'm hoping you would at least let me prove myself and show you what I feel."

"S-Sehun..." She was about to reply but then she remembered something important. "But you didn't tell me about your plan in going to Japan. You didn't even call me. You called your friends except for me. I was waiting for your call, you idiot! But did I get any? No, I didn't. I was wasting my time waiting even just a single call from you. I shouldn't have stayed late at night waiting. I even left you a voice message but you didn't reply. You're such a jerk, don't you know that? Or did you intentionally ignore me to make me miss you? Well congratulations because I did miss you." There, she finally said it. She found herself panting afterwards. She realized she was almost yelling at him.

Sehun blinked for a moment. Then his lips slowly stretched into a grin. "Did you miss me?"

"No, I didn't." She said sarcastically, pressing her lips together.

Sehun chuckled. "I thought you don't want to see me again. You hate me. That's what you said."

"Wh-What? I didn't say anything like that."

"You did. Remembe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter