thirty eight; without goodbyes

Some Girls Have All the Luck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Days turned into weeks and the graduation day was fast approaching. It was Saturday and Mina doesn't know what to do after having a general cleaning all by herself since her aunt was on her work. After thinking of the possible things she would do the entire day, she decided to just relax on the couch while watching T.V shows.

She wanted to smack her head with a brick though because she couldn't concenrate. Her mind will always fly to Sehun and the things he said to her at the rooftop garden weeks ago.

Remembering that moment still gave her some kind of a feeling she couldn't understand. She somehow felt happy to be honest, but angry at the same time. She felt like he was just using her for his own benefit but she couldn't shake from her mind the look of sincerity in his eyes when he told her he liked her. But she chose to ignore it and think that he was just using her instead.

She didn't spoke to him in school after that. Even until now. She thought it was not only Sera and Marsha's friendship was broken, but also theirs. Sehun's little confession broke everything they had. She felt bad for it, in some way.

Sehun's friends, as well as their classmates, weren't oblivious of the happenings around them but she chose to keep silent. She doesn't want to spill the beans to them. It was her and Sehun's privacy. But if Sehun will tell his closest buddies, it's his choice now. She couldn't do anything about it.

Sehun didn't try to speak to her as well. Or maybe he did, but she was just too obvious that she wasn't ready to talk to him yet. At lunch, she was on her own. She doesn't eat at the cafeteria anymore. Instead, she'd just wander around the school to find a place where she could eat by herself. Avoiding Sehun meant avoiding his friends as well. And Sera, too.

His twin sister tried to talk to her but she just wouldn't. She was a loner for those weeks. Nobody wanted her to be but she just wanted it for herself.

Days ago, Sehun stuck a letter inside her locker. She knew it was from him because there was his name on it. She didn't read it though, instead she threw it in a nearby trash. The next day, she ended up searching the entire trash cans hoping to find the letter but failed. The janitor had already collected the rubbish from yesterday.

She was stupid...she admitted that.

This week she wanted to talk to him but she chickened out. She doesn't have enough courage to go up to him and start a conversation like there's nothing awkward happened to them.

So the days turned into weeks with still not in good terms with Sehun. And she wasn't happy at all.

As she glued her eyes on the T.V screen, she made a resolve of straighting things out this Monday. Yup, definitely this Monday. Come what may, but she wanted to get back everything what they had before. And maybe tell him that she liked him, too. Yes. Probably.

 

 

Mina wandered around the mall, unsure where to go. She asked herself what was she doing there a hundred times already. And yet she couldn't seem to move her feet towards the exit door. She doesn't know where her feet was taking her but she went on. She did find some dresses that caught her attention but never did try them on. She was just admiring them and thinking of herself wearing them.

Malling is boring, she realized, if you're on your own. She vowed not to try this next time.

Feeling hungry from her earlier wanderings, she decided to grab something to eat. A fast-food caught her eyes and she decided to go there. She was enjoying her time eating somehow. She watched people come and go out of the fast-food chain as s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter