thirty seven; confession and rejection

Some Girls Have All the Luck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Sehun was sitting alone by the poolside, his feet submerged into the cold water. He hadn't eaten dinner yet and he had no plan to eat either. He needed to be away from his parents as much as possible. Even though they were under one roof, he doesn't want to see them nor bump into them. Let alone talk to them.

To be honest, he did think of running away from home but he didn't push the idea. Why, because his parents will use their power to find him. Running away would just be a fail.

He sighed in annoyance. Maybe there was no way out from this stupid marriage. He was trapped and he couldn't find a way to get out.

"Mind if I join you?" Sera broke into his reverie. He looked up only to see her handing out his a home-made bubble tea, his favorite. Sera can magically whip one for him, that's one of the reasons why he loved his twin sister.

"I don't mind," he replied as he took the glass from her hand and took a sip. "Thanks for this." He said.

Sera smiled as she sat next to him. "No problem. Anytime." She said. They were silent for a couple of minutes, just watching the water moved around their feet. Even the reflection of the moon danced as well. "I'm sorry I couldn't help you, Sehun." Sera soon broke the silence between them.

Sehun looked at his twin sister with a small smile on his lips. "No need to be sorry, silly." He told her. Sera looked at him just enough for him to catch a glimpse of tears in her eyes.

"I'm really sorry," she said, leaning her head on his shoulder. Her voice was shaking as she spoke. Chuckling, he gently flicked her on the head as she softly sobbed.

"Stop crying now, will you?" He told her. "You're acting like you're the one who will marry after graduation." He laughed making his twin sister to smack him on the head. "Ouch. That kinda hurt."

"Aren't you should be worried?" She muttered as she wiped her tears. "Graduation is fast approaching—"

"I am worried." He cut her off, he was wearing a serious look now. "But there's nothing I could do now."

"There is!"

"What?"

"I'm sure there's something you can do."

He frowned. "What do you mean?"

"You like Mina, don't you?"

"Now wait a minute—"

"Just answer me, you idiot."

"Where the hell did you get that idea?" He scoffed at her. Sera, in return, pressed her lips together in annoyance.

"I just know it." She said. He sighed as he looked away. He stared at the moon's reflection on the pool as he went silent for a moment. He could feel Sera waiting for his reply.

He sighed. "If you're thinking that I should use Mina to get away from this, then stop. It's not gonna work. Mina already told me not to use her."

"Silly, I'm not telling you to use her. Use your feelings instead. Tell Mom and Dad that you like Mina, no one else but her. Only her. Not Marsha but Mina." Sera told him.

"I don't think it will work—ouch!" He groaned when she smacked him again.

"You haven't done it yet and now you're saying it won't work? Just try it, Sehun because I think this will work." She said. Sehun didn't say anything but instead he just looked at his twin sister. Sera smiled at him. "There's no harm in trying." She reminded him on the famous quote.

Sehun smiled back, but it didn't reach his eyes.

 

 

Days flew fast and the more the graduation day coming, the more Sehun felt like dying. His twin sister though came up with a plan together with his friends. They were at Chanyeol's house, like they were on a meeting or something.

"Hey, Sera. Why didn't you bring your 'beast' friend?" Chanyeol muttered that made the girl laughed.

"I don't have any beast friend right now, Yeol. Our friendship is over, remember?"

"Well, I thought you guys made up." It was Baekhyun.

"Hah! Not gonna happen. Maybe someday, until I'll learn to forgive her." She told them. "Let's just forget about her, shall we? We're here for a very important matter."

"And what is it?" Xiumin asked, looking bored.

"Sehun likes Mina." She immediately blurted it out. Sehun didn't react though. His friends all gaped at him like he'd grown an elephant's trunk on his forehead.

"You do?" Chanyeol muttered, still gaping.

Then Chen laughed. "Ha-ha! I knew it! I won, I won. Give me my ₩500. Ha-ha!" He held his hand towards Chanyeol, Xiumin and Baekhyun. It was the twin's turn to gape at them.

"Yah, what the hell is this?" Sehun shot his friends with dagger-like looks.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter