thirty six; the broken friendship

Some Girls Have All the Luck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Mina tried so hard not to meet Sehun's eyes when she went to school the next morning. She honestly don't want to go to school today but her aunt forced her and kicked her out. No matter what alibis she would tell, her aunt won't believe her. She had no choice but to go despite herself.

To make things worse, she was late. Everyone was looking sympathically at her when the teacher gave her death glares. Sehun too, was watching her as she slowly moved towards her seat.

"Late students should not enter the class until the next subject, right Mrs Park?" It was Marsha raising her hand. Mina frozed on her feet even before she could take a seat.

"She's only five minutes late, Marsha." Sera retorted on her behalf. "It's not big deal."

"No matter how many minutes, she's still late." Marsha shot back. Even if she couldn't see the girls' faces, she could imagine them rolling their eyes at each other.

Mrs Park pressed her lips together. "Marsha is right. Stay outside, Mina ssi." She said. Pouting, she moved out of the room. Really, she wanted to pull Marsha's hair. But then again, she was at fault here. She was late in the first place. Whatever, she fumed inwardly.

She stayed outside the room. There was no one outside the hall except herself. Great. Just great. From her place, she could hear Mrs Park continued the lecture. She sighed as she checked her wrist watch. There's still a long way until the next class. She groaned in irritation.

All of a sudden, the door opened that made her jumped in surprised. She immediately raised both of her hands up in the air thinking it was Mrs Park. But it wasn't her—it was Sehun.

It was like she suddenly gulped . She couldn't say a word as Sehun moved to stand beside her.

"Close your mouth or else a fly will land in," he muttered she immediately shut . It wasn't even that open, just slightly ajar.

"W-What are you doing here?" She asked him.

"This serves as my punishment."

"Your what?" She asked again, confused. "What did you do?"

"My punishment for goofing around. You know, throwing papers at the teacher's back." He said and she had this gut feeling that he did it on purpose. Holy smokes!

She wanted to start a conversation but she doesn't know how. It seemed like she gulped her tongue down or her brain just can't process for her at the moment. She sighed. Why was she being awkward with him? Was it because of the kiss? For heaven's sake, it was just a brief kiss. Why was she being a about it?

She sighed again, slowly dropping her hands. As she did so, the door opened once more and both of them raised their hands up in the air in an instant. This time, it was really Mrs Park checking up on them. When she finally closed back the door, Mina didn't drop her hands while Sehun did. She had no plan to lengthen her punishment so she didn't drop her hands.

To her surprise, Sehun grabbed her hand and put it down. Her hands were sweaty and thinking that Sehun just held it, she felt embarrassed. She pulled her hand away.

"Mina," he started. "I'm not sorry for what I did last night."

"Stop. Just stop." She cut him off. "I don't want to talk about it."

"Why are you acting like it was stupid of me to kiss you?" He still went on.

"Stop it." She hissed. "Be careful with your mouth, Sehun. Someone might hear us!"

"So what?"

"Enough of it, okay? I said I don't want to talk about it."

"Talk about what?" He just won't stop, seriously. He was even grinning. And she doesn't like that grin of his. "About our kiss last night?" He purposely made his voice a little bit louder. She would've let it slide but then a janitor appeared out of nowhere from the nearby janitor's closet.

Dammit.

Leaving no choice, she elbowed him hard on the stomach. He gasped in pain. She didn't say sorry though. Serves you right, she muttered inwardly as she looked at him from the corner of her eyes.

"You'll gonna pay for that." He said in a slightly angry tone.

She abruptly whirled her head to him. "A-Are you serious?" She asked, feeling scared somehow. But then he grinned. He didn't respond though, instead he messed with her hair.

 

 

"Why are you so quiet?" Chanyeol muttered all of a sudden making his friends all stopped eating and looked at her. Mina stopped in mid-chew, blinking her eyes at the five pairs of eyes looking back at her. They were having lunch together and while everyone was talking, she was just silent on her seat. That's probably why Chanyeol had taken notice of her.

"Yeah," Chen agreed.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter