twenty one; someone's not in a good mood

Some Girls Have All the Luck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Sehun doesn't feel like it was his birthday. He doesn't feel happy at all. Looking at everyone else, especially his twin sister, they all looked happy. He was sulking on his own as he watched them laughing. His eyes locked with Mina's and she automatically stopped laughing at whatever Chanyeol was saying. He was giving her an icy look, hoping she would get the hint that he actually wasn't happy with her being at the party.

"If looks could kill, that witch would probably be dead way before." Marsha sat beside him by the pool, soaking her feet on water just like him. "Wanna drink?" She offered him a cocktail drink. He took it from her hand and took a swig.

"I don't like the fact that she's here." He muttered. Marsha smirked at him.

"Me, either." She said. "And it irritates me that she's friends with your twin sister now. Boy, how did she manage to trick your sister, Sehunnie."

He snorted. "She's just good in pretending and tricking people."

"And look at your friends. I couldn't believe Chen and the rest are being friendly to her. I mean, they don't even know her." She said. Smirking, Sehun took a sip on his drink without saying anything. He just watched them laughing over Chanyeol's jokes.

"Okay, okay." His mother clapped her hands to get their attention. "It's time for the gifts to our dear twins." They all gathered around the table.

"I bet Mina the witch have no presents because she's poor." Marsha managed to whisper.

"This is my gift for my dearest grandchildren." It was grandpa. He handed Sera his gift and to Sehun too. Both twins gave him a hug. Mr and Mrs Oh gave their gifts to their twins. Both boxes were big and Sehun wondered what's their present this time.

"Happy birthday, son."

"Thanks, dad." He said and gave him a hug. Soon enough, it was their friends' turn to give their gifts for the twins. Sera gave her gift for her twin brother. Sehun managed to trick his twin at first that he didn't have any gift for her. Of course, he bought something for her too.

At last, it was Mina's turn. He was actually expecting that she has no gift for him. Not because she couldn't afford anything, but because they were not friends at all. They were enemies. But then Mina slowly walked towards him after handing a gift to Sera.

"Well, well, the witch got something..." Marsha muttered softly beside him.

Mina stopped in front of him and he saw there was a small box on her hand. "F-For you. Happy birthday."

"Must be a hanky. So cheap." Marsha taunted softly so the elders won't hear. Mina, however, ignored Marsha's words.

It took him seconds to take Mina's gift from her hand because he wasn't actually expecting this. The box was kind of light from his hand. He wondered what was inside it. She turned around and started walking, probably didn't want to wait for his 'thank you'. And probably she doesn't need it.

"Thanks." He muttered softly. He doubted it if she heard him.

 

 

"Wow, thank you so much, Mina-yah. I love it so much!" Sera exclaimed as her eyes glimmered while eyeing Mina's gift for her. It was a personalized gold bangle bracelet and her name was engraved on it. "I wasn't expecting that you have something for me. Thank you again for this, Mina-yah."

The three of them went inside Sera's room because she asked them to, and because Sera was excited to see all the gifts.

Mina smiled, feeling pleased. "Well, it's a surprise."

"Where did you get the money for this?" Marsha asked, her eyebrows were twitching at her. "I heard customized things are expensive."

"Not all are expensive." Mina replied. "And if they were, like that bracelet for example, I can afford it. I have my own money, Marsha. Just not as much as you have." She said. It was the truth anyway.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter