Names

We Can Do This Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

May 2 - 25 Weeks and 2 Days

It was finally the end of the week, Friday. It had been a rough week this week. Woohyun was incredibly sick all week, every waking moment. He couldn't miss school however due to the senior rule at school. He couldn't miss more than two days of school a quarter if he wanted to skip finals, and he had already missed his two days. So he went to school all week feeling horrible and sometimes he spent his time at school in the nurse's office. The icing on the cake was of course when they had the doctor's appointment that revealed that Woohyun was afflicted with pre-eclampsia. Overall it was a terrible week for Woohyun and he wanted to never have another week like that in his life. Sadly, he still had quite a bit left of his pregnancy. 

"I want to die," Woohyun stated, tossing his head from side to side as he complained. He was in the front seat of Sunggyu's car, buckled in and safe. School had just ended and it had been a boring day. As a senior, he didn't take finals if he followed the senior rule, so he had no notes or study guides to fill out in his classes. They watched movies instead in his senior classes except for those who missed the requirements. He watched Frozen in at least four of those classes. 

"Why do you want to die?" Sunggyu asked to his side, sounding highly amused. He was of course driving and had just picked Woohyun up. The pregnant male looked uncomfortable and Sunggyu couldn't blame him, "Did you manage to take your meds today?" Sunggyu asked, hoping that the younger's body was kind enough today to keep down his lunch long enough for Woohyun to take his needed prescriptions. 

"Yes," Woohyun drawled out, annoyed with life and his given situation, "They don't do crap for the way I feel though," he added, rubbing his swollen belly. It was sitting perfectly in his lap now and he still had fifteen weeks left, "I feel disgusting."

"Well I think you look beautiful," Sunggyu cooed with a smile, "And I really mean it, Woohyun," he assured, sneaking a look at his beloved. Woohyun was getting uncomfortable as their daughter grew inside of him, but Sunggyu still found the increase in Woohyun's size a plus and he loved him even more. Even through his sickness, Woohyun's skin still glowed and his skin grew softer as he gained weight along with his baby bump. Woohyun's hair had grown healthier, even past all the dying and bleaching he had done to it in the past. It seemed thicker and shinier, softer as well. Woohyun filled out in all the right places and Sunggyu was loving it. 

"Shut up," Woohyun almost growled, interrupting Sunggyu's thoughts. The younger was not in the mood and Sunggyu clearly got the message, so he stayed quiet and continued to drive to their shared home. He had the radio to fill the silence between them. It wasn't an awkward silence, but more of a silence in which the couple could read each others' emotions still. Sunggyu knew of Woohyun's discomfort and Woohyun knew that Sunggyu had a long day at university. Woohyun was the only one who had room enough to complain since he was with child. 

Once home was in sight, Woohyun perked up a bit. This was typical since Woohyun loved his and Sunggyu's shared house. It was a safe place for him after a day full of nonstop criticism and comments from other students at his school about his daughter. It was nice to finally get away from all the negativity and be in a place where he felt wanted. It was also a house filled with love as the little Kim family grew inside of it. Woohyun smiled to himself as he imaghined himself sprawled out on their living room couch, watching tv in comfort. 

"Almost home," Sunggyu stated, smiling wide as he watched Woohyun's mood improve. Woohyun sat up straighter and his head was no longer lolling to the side as he non-verbally complained about his day. He was no longer groaning and was instead humming a song he sung in advanced choir that day. Woohyun stopped humming once he heard Sunggyu and let out an excited scream. Not too loud, not too soft, but too loud for Sunggyu to be prepared for, so he swerved a bit on the road of their cul de sac. 

"Yah!" Woohyun yelled, reaching over to hit Sunggyu on the shoulder, "Watch where you're going! You almost killed us!" he exaggerated again, more playing with Sunggyu since he knew he was the one that startled Sunggyu, "Be more careful next time!" 

Sunggyu just shook his head and continued to drive, much closer to their driveway now. He pulled up, pressing the remote control that opens the garage door and finally pulled in, safely parking in the comfort of their property. The exited the car and entered their house, setting their belongings in their respective places before doing the next thing on their agenda. For Sunggyu that was getting Woohyun something to drink and a snack, and for Woohyun that was laying on the couch on his back, feeling the protrusion of his extended abdomen. He had the tv to a channel that was showing a movie Woohyun had seen once before.

Sunggyu carefully walked over and placed the glass of lemonade and small bag of snack size Oreos on the coffee table on front of Woohyun. It sounded like an odd mixture, but Woohyun craved it immensely. He would always claim that the contrasting sweet, sugary Oreos went well with the also sugary but sour lemonade. While other people would say that it was as bad as orange juice and toothpaste, Woohyun loved the taste and asked for it often. 

"Thank you," Woohyun said with a soft coo of his voice. He lifted his feet from the end of the couch that left a spot for Sunggyu to sit at. Sunggyu softly held Woohyun's feet as he maneuvered himself underneatht them, softly hoding the sock covered toes in his hands as he finally sat down and set them in his lap. He shifted himself around until he was fully comfortable before moving his full attention to Woohyun. Specifically his feet. 

It was routine for Sunggyu to message Woohyun's feet since they would swell to three times their size at the end of the school day. There was the regular pregnancy swell that would arise, then there was the unfortunate addition of the pre-eclampsia swell. His feet could barely fit the shoes he already owned. They had to get a new, bigger pair for the remaining school year. He only ever wore slippers anywhere else. And "anywhere else" was usually in the house now. 

Sunggyu worked into Woohyun's feet, making sure he got out any of the knots and to calm down the swelling in Woohyun's unrecognizable feet. It was incredibly calming and helpful to Woohyun to have some of the pressure relieved from his feet, and it was something for Sunggyu to focus on to distract him from the stress of all this baby stuff and especially from the stress of college. He enjoyed loving on his ver

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter