Christmas Preparations

We Can Do This Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

December 23 10:12

(Sunggyu and Dongwoo)

"Hmmm," Sunggyu hummed as he searched through the mall for last minute Christmas shopping. Christmas was in two days and the college student was searching for smaller gifts, having already bought the large, main present for his family and friends. He was accompanied by Dongwoo, who was also doing some last minute shopping. 

The duo passed by each store, dragging many other shopping bags behind them as they searched. Sunggyu had already bought gifts for his high school friends and family. He also bought gifts for Woohyun's parents, but he was still searching for something for Woohyun. He had spent the past two days at the Nam's residence, planning on spending Christmas with the family. He even already had his presents placed under the tree, ready to be opened by the people he bought them for. 

As he spent his time there, Woohyun was sick the whole time. The younger always rushed out of the bed early in the morning to go to somewhere. Every time Sunggyu followed his boyfriend, he always found the younger sitting on the kitchen counter, looking weakened and sick. The elder always seemed to miss what hustled Woohyun to move. One morning, Sunggyu followed quick enough to find Woohyun expelling his dinner from the night before. Many a time he had asked Woohyun to visit the doctor since that morning, but every time, the younger only refused. 

Sunggyu turned to tell Dongwoo that he was finished with the mall and wanted to suggest finding a different place to shop, but the younger was nowhere to be seen. Sunggyu spun around to search for the dinosaur looking high school student. He caught him looking in through the display window of a men's store. The small eyed male sighed and dragged himself over to the younger, whining, "Dongwoo-ah, we don't need to look in this store. There's nothing in there."

Dongwoo had his signature, wide, toothy smile plastered across his face as he peered in the window of the store, transfixed on something. Dongwoo tore his eyes away for a second and touched the glass with his index finger, "I have to get this! It's perfect for Hoya!" he exclaimed as he jumped up and down. Without an answer, the dinosaur ran into the store through the large, open entrance. 

Sunggyu rolled his eyes and had no other choice than to follow him slow in step. The younger was his ride home afterall. He entered the store and upon his arrival, he was greeted by Dongwoo, shoving a collection of hats held in his hands. They had various sayings and designs on them, some Sunggyu had never heard of, and the most common being of a cartoon cat character chasing a smaller mouse with a hammer held high above his head. 

"Hoya loves hats! These kinds are ones that he has been looking for! I'm getting them!" Dongwoo exclaimed as he tucked the items under his arm and jogged to the cash register that was nearby. Dongwoo set the items on the counter also asking if the cashier could wrap them, since he couldn't do it to save his life. The cashier took each item, making sure to scan them and remove the security devices. Sunggyu couldn't help, but notice the odd look he gave Dongwoo as the student started hopping around. 

Sunggyu rolled his eyes at the childish teenager and let his eyes and person wander around the store. There was a variety of clothing and accessories in various styles. He skipped over everything, just absorbing a small amount of the store's contents. As Sunggyu observed his surroundings, his eyes caught the foot wear section. He snickered at a pair of tye-dye high tops with the tongues of the shoes being replaced with teddy bears. 

"How ridiculous," Sunggyu said to himself out loud. He tore his eyes away and continued looking around the store. 

 

 

"I can't believe I bought them," Sunggyu murmured to himself as he walked out of the mall with Dongwoo next to him, shoving the wrapped box containing the high tops further into his bag. He had actually bought the high tops, seeing as how much Woohyun would actually like them. The younger always wore bizarre pieces of clothing that Sunggyu found attractive. These high tops would only add to the list. 

Dongwoo had heard the elder murmer to himself and chuckled, having said the same statement earlier. He knew how much Woohyun enjoyed wearing, different clothing. Although, Dongwoo thought the younger just looked good in anything, so there really is no problem with him doing it. 

As the two neared Dongwoo's car, the said owner put all of his bags in one hand so he could fish through his coat pockets for his car keys. He eventually found them and he pulled them out to unlock his silver car. 

The flash of the headlights alarmed Dongwoo that the vehicle was now unlocked. He rushed forward and opened the back doors to set his many bags on the seat, taking up half of the space, leaving the other half for Sunggyu's bags. The elder walked to the other side of the car and set his bags right next to Dongwoo's. After closing the doors, the two then took their seats in the front two seats. Dongwoo shoved his car keys into the ignition and turned the engine of the car on. He turned to see behind him and backed up his car, then drove out of the parking lot. His first destination would he the Nam's house to drop off Sunggyu. 

The two chatted on their way there about Christmas plans. Sunggyu asked, "Dongwoo ah, how are you and Hoya?" he knew how close the two were and their relationship status. The two had been dating for more than three years, around the same length as himself and Woohyun. He also knew that the two loved each other very much. Dongwoo didn't call him by his real name and was accustomed to calling him by his nickname. 

Dongwoo smiled at the mention of Howon, "Well, he actually won't be my boyfriend anymore soon," he announced. His lips curled up into a huge smile, not forgetting to pull his lips back to reveal his perfectly white teeth. 

Sunggyu furrowed his brows, in both confusion and surprise, "What do you mean, exactly? You aren't breaking up with him, you love him too much to do that. Also, you wouldn't be buying him gifts if you were breaking up," Sunggyu paused to think over some more, "Okay, just tell me what you mean," Sunggyu demanded, finally giving up on his thoughts. 

Dongwoo started giggling as he said, "I'm planning on proposing to him soon," he smiled as he went over the plan in his head as to how he would pop the question to the younger.

Sunggyu's eyes widened and he turned in his seat to face Dongwoo, exclaiming, "What?! Are you serious?! Dude, that's awesome!" Sunggyu was smiling like an idiot. He brought a hand up to his forehead as he took in the news. He truly was excited. His little senior was growing up, "When do you plan on asking?"

Dongwoo hummed a bit before answering, "In about a week. Maybe two? It just depends," Dongwoo turned his steering wheel, turning the car onto the street that led into the Nam's neighborhood, "What about you and Woohyun?" he asked, just as curious as the college student was about his relationship and its status. 

Sunggyu turned back to his original spot in his seat and answered, "Well, I'm not proposing soon. I would like to, but neither Woohyun nor I have the time to plan a wedding. We'll both be studying to earn degrees in the medical field. We won't have time, but I would definitely like to," in fact, Sunggyu had thought of proposing to the greasy tree many a times, but he hadn't due to their studies. 

Dongwoo hummed as he pulled up into the Nam's driveway and parked his car before saying, "I completely understand, but I think Woohyun is just waiting for it to happen," Dongwoo laughed awkwardly as soon as he realized the extent of his tellings. That was probably something Woohyun wanted to be kept quiet and between him. 

Sunggyu furrowed his brows a second time and asked, "What do you mean?" he had a pretty good idea of what the younger meant, but he wanted to make sure he was correct in his assumptions. 

Dongwoo mentally cursed himself for speaking so out of place. This was such a personal topic, and he didn't know if Woohyun wanted such a saying to be said about him and Sunggyu. Dongwoo stuttered as he tried to stall, "Um, . . Oh look, it's snowing," he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter