Gender

We Can Do This Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

March 5 - 17 Weeks 

Sunggyu was once again too late to pick Woohyun up to go to school. He had arrived at YaDong's apartment, hoping he was still there, but was disappointed when after the fifth time of ringing the door bell there was still no answer to his plea. 

Sunggyu had contemplated on whether he should drive to the high school and sneak in past security to meet him, but then Woohyun would be über pissed at him, so he decided against such a decision to avoid any more contention. He had classes to get to anyway. 

Sunggyu would just have to wait until Woohyun got out of school to see him. He missed him so much he was going crazy, it was killing him. The two had texted the night before, but it seemed akward still. They had managed to talk about school and the baby but that was pretty much all. Eventually, Woohyun fell asleep and stopped responding, or at least that's what Sunggyu hoped happened. 

He had to continue his day until the appointment, when he would find out if he was having a daughter or a son! 

--------

"Do you forgive him?" Barom suddenly asked from Woohyun's left as their last class winded down to the last ending minute. The sociology teacher wasn't even paying attention to the students anymore since she assigned them a packet and expected them to work on it with partners. Most students had chosen to not do the packet now and instead talk to their chosen partners or text under the desk. Barom, Woohyun, and Dongwoo had long been finished with their packets and were talking. 

Dongwoo sat close by to Woohyun's right and looked over in curiosity, "Well, he said he did. Didn't you? I was there and it seemed like you did," he switched between addresses but it was clear enough who he was taking to. 

Woohyun nodded instantly, "Yes, but I still have this little tug at my heart. He doubted my love for him, and I may just be overthinking things and being over dramatic, but I can't help it. You know I can't. I get into things and I get confused sometimes." 

Dongwoo sighed, "Woohyun ah, you're too careful about everything. Don't doubt that Sunggyu loves you and you him. He obviously does and you know it too. Why don't you just stop this whole mess?" 

Woohyun did know, he was one hundred percent sure that Sunggyu loved him and he loved Sunggyu back. But he had trust issues from before he met Sunggyu and they built up over years of being thrown under the bus and being ignored. It struck him every now and then, but they just happened to strike now at a bad time. 

Barom reached over and rubbed Woohyun's upper back, "Even I know he loves you. I saw it when he came to the school yesterday looking for you. Even though I was utterly pissed with him, I couldn't help but notice his concern for you." 

Woohyun smiled at the thought. He hadn't even known that Sunggyu drove to the school until after he left Dongwoo and Howon's apartment when Jun texted him about the incident. He had to admit that he was touched that Sunggyu went through all the trouble. 

His thoughts were interrupted by the ringing of the school bell, indicating that the last class of the day and school was over. Woohyun gathered his stuff with the help of both Dongwoo and Barom to make the walk to his locker at the other end of the school. When everything was put up and they met up with their large group of friends in the performance arts hall, they headed outside. 

"Remember to get extra copies of the ultrasound," Sungyeol and Sungjong reminded Woohyun for the millionth time that day, "We all want a copy." 

"Yeah, and name the baby after me!" Hyunil shouted, "It's both a boy and girl's name, I swear!" 

"Alright, alright, I heard you the first time, and the rest after that. I promise, I won't forget," Woohyun laughed. There was no way he could possibly forget to get multiple copies of his ultrasound pictures, "And no, I won't name the baby after you, Hyunil." 

Not many more exchanges were made after that because Sunggyu showed up in his car. Woohyun spotted it on the right as he arrived and instantly said his goodbyes to his friends. Woohyun walked up to the parked car, thinking over what he would say to Sunggyu in the form of an apology. He entered the car a bit reluctantly and quickly buckled himself in. 

"Hey," Sunggyu started, sounding friendly, like they didn't just have a pointless fight that Woohyun blames himself for. Although the reality was that Sunggyu was over paranoid and was in the wrong the whole time and it was his fault. Sunggyu bore a sweet smile that melted Woohyun's heart on sight. He also forgot everything he was going to say to the elder. He had that kind of strong affect on him. 

The younger smiled back and nodded, "Hey," he straightened up in his seat and cleared his throat, "So, we get to find out the gender at the appointment today," he said as if they hadn't been talking about this appointment for months, or even last night over text. 

Sunggyu chuckled, "Yeah, we do," there was a slight pause before Sunggyu asked, "Are you nervous about it?" 

Woohyun shook his head, "No, not at all," all he felt was excitement. 

Sadly, the conversation frazzled away and ended there. Both wanted to talk to each other comfortably, but the awkwardness that was still there was present and prevented any further cordial conversation. They shared small talk every now and then, but it was pointless and led to nowhere. It was painfully awkward and quiet until they arrived at the clinic. 

They both exited the car and quickly entered the building, heading to the familiar hallway that led to their obstetrician's office. Still, the walk there was silent. They signed in at the front desk, said their greetings to the nurse they had come to know well, and chose their seats in the waiting room next to each other. Sunggyu made sure that Woohyun was comfortable, since he was getting bigger and that only led to more discomfort for simple things like sitting. 

"What do you want? What do you really want? Answer boy or girl this time," Sunggyu asked suddenly in their awkward silence. It worked this time. 

This was a question that the two had asked each other countless times before and the answers they provided never answered the question. Their usual answers wete always along the lines of: "as long as the baby is healthy, I'm good with whatever we have". Or something along those lines, but as the actual date came closer to finding out the gender, the two had their own ideals of what they want. They never voiced these ideas and now was the perfect time to express them. 
 
Woohyun hummed, "I want a little girl," he answered as he reached down to feel his swollen abdomen. It was rounded now, but he still had a long way to go until he was truly huge, "But you know that anything is fine with me." 

Sunggyu nodded with a smile that Woohyun missed and loved so much over the past few days, "I want a little boy, but same as you, I am fine with either. As long as he or she is healthy and happy and will be a family with us."

He then reached down to place his hand on Woohyun's baby bump. It was impromptu, but he was glad that he did it. He missed saying goodnight to their baby when Woohyun was asleep late at night. He missed touching Woohyun in sweet ways that made both flutter with happiness. He felt dead without Woohyun and Lemon in the two days that they were gone from him. 

Just then, Lemon moved underneath Sunggyu's palm followed by a kick. It was a light kick that actually tickled his palm and confused the father at first until he realizedd what had happened. Sunggyu's eyes widened when it hit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter