A New Friend

We Can Do This Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

February 19 - 15 Weeks 

"Another day, another migraine," Woohyun complained as he sat at his lunch table. It was near the closing of the hour and he had just finished consuming (more like inhaling) his mountain of school food. After the distraction of food was in his digestive track, the pain in his head came back to prick and prod at his poor muscle. He hunched over and rested his head on his folded arms to try to relieve his poor brain, "I feel like there's a unwanted party inside my brain."

"Insane in the membrane, insane in the brain!" Sungyeol laughed and sang when he heard Woohyun. His fun was short lived when Howon eyed him angrily. 

Howon reached over and ran a hand over Woohyun's back, massaging it gently to aid his best friend, "The day is almost over, Woohyun. Just bare a bit longer. If not we can go to the nurse for some pain reliever?" Howon suggested, giving a nice rub to Woohyun's right shoulder. 

Woohyun shook his head against his makeshift, appendage pillow, "I already did. It did nothing to help. I just want to go home and sleep," he pouted, reaching over to steal one of the unsuspecting maknae's fries. He quickly shoved the fried food in his mouth and returned back to his original position before Sungjong could notice anything missing. When the maknae did turn around, he noticed the slight depletion of his thick fry supply and contemplated on the matter. It didn't take long before he shrugged and ate one himself. 

"Your next class is with Dongwoo hyung right, Woohyun hyung? What are you going to do?" Sungyeol asked worriedly, seemingly attempting to stop Myungsoo from doing something to his lower half. The younger looked defeated when Sungyeol finally got hold of both his hands. 

Woohyun groaned in annoyance upon remembrance. His next class was with Dongwoo, which was fine and all, except the stupid dino had called in sick today. No matter how many series of texts the pregnant male received from the elder saying he was sorry, he would continue to be mad. Most of the people in that class talked about him and would make a big deal out of his pregnancy. Dongwoo was the one to protect him, but with his absence, it would be a bit difficult to. 

"I don't know," Woohyun admitted, defeatedly as he cupped his chin in his palm. He surely could go one day with all the jabs at him he thought, "I want to go home. I don't want to deal with idiots today." 

"I'll be right there to accompany you after class, okay?" Howon assured, nudging the elder by the shoulder. That fact wouldn't help much in the class, but Woohyun responded with a nod of the head. It was soon followed by another groan when the shrill lunch bell rang, indicating the end of lunch. 

"Be safe, hyung," Myungsoo called, getting up and weaving his fingers through Sungyeol's, "Don't stress over anything," he added a smile, being goofy for once. Woohyun smiled at that since it was such a rare sight to see the boy smile genuinely. The pregnant male nodded his head and watched him walk off with Sungyeol by his side and Sungjong right behind them. 

All the under class boys waved goodbye to Woohyun and Howon before entirely departing the emptying cafeteria. Howon encouraged the once again sad Woohyun to get up and go to his next class. He more or less dragged the elder, like he seemed to do a lot recently. 

The two traveled through the crowd of students and soon, they were in front of Woohyun's advanced zoology class.

"Don't pay attention to any crap that anyone says. If someone confronts you, I'll beat 'em up for you," Howon threatened, meaning business in his tone while punching his palm with his clenched fist. Howon was not afraid to take a stand for his best friend. 

Woohyun nodded weakly and responded in the same manner, "Okay, I'll tell you. Now go to class, Howon! You'll be tardy soon!" the elder worried, making sure to give a playful, but strong push to his best friend. Howon laughed and gave a thumbs up before walking off to his next class, knowing the elder was serious. He had used his real name, and that meant he was serious enough. 

Woohyun smiled after his best friend, but it soon fell when a group of girls passed him to enter the classroom. They often gossiped about any poor soul that was worthy to talk about. Woohyun just happened to be included in that category. Upon noticing the pregnant male, a look was thrown in his direction by the "leader" of the girls. Woohyun didn't care for her name, but her status was obvious as it was that she took no direction from another being. She quickly got her fill of Woohyun's image and turned back to her group to most likely say something about him. 

Woohyun sighed and walked into the chaotic class. He gingerly grabbed the thick worksheet packet that always sat on the front table, one that would certainly mean class work. Next, he looked up from the packet and located his desk that was second to front, walking over to sit down. Once seated, he pulled out his notebook assigned to the class and opened to the page they would continue on for the day. 

Not too long afterwards, the school bell once again screamed, alerting the students to return to their seats and that class has started. It was also the cue for the advanced zoology teacher, Mr. Moon, to arrive at his class, "Good afternoon, class," he greeted, walking to his desk to most likely take attendance. 

Not much of a greeting was given back by the students, a few hello's here and there. Most of the time the class would ignore his greeting and carry on with their conversations. Woohyun usually greeted back cheerily, but today he chose not to. He looked over to his right where Dongwoo always sat, to see it taken by another student who wasn't assigned the seat. They were animatedly talking to the person behind them, causing a small headache for Woohyun. 

Woohyun sighed and faced forward to see the empty chalk board that would soon be covered in diagrams and notes for the class to copy. He gently ran his fingertips over his temple, easing the pain to go away. 

"Okay class!" Mr. Moon exclaimed, "Quiet, pay attention!" 

Which is exactly what Woohyun wasn't doing. His brain had shut off and was now somewhere off in his conscience. He could process that his teacher was talking, but the words weren't being comprehended and sounded incoherent to him. Instead, he chose to look down at the packet they were going to do for the day. It looked easy enough and the male would have no problem with the task. 

"...and Woohyun," Woohyun picked up. He was suddenly alert and looked up to see Mr. Moon looking in his direction. He then looked off and named off a few names more. 

Woohyun slightly panicked and was about to raise his hand to ask to repeat what was just said, but was stopped when the person in front of him turned around in his seat to face him. 

He stared silently at the classmate and lowered his hand, "What was just said?" the pregnant male asked, hoping that the male would answer instead of say something rude to him. 

The male smiled and said, "Well, he just explained the worksheet packet expectations and assigned partners to work together," Woohyun nodded and waited for him to continue, "Also, he assigned us as partners," the male sweetly smiled, showing off a set of white teeth. 

Woohyun nodded and looked down at the worksheet, disappointed. Mr. Moon usually let his class pick their partners, allowing Woohyun and Dongwoo to always work together. Now, he had to deal with whatever this kid would throw at him for being pregnant. 

The male shifted slightly and asked, "Do you have your book?" he sheepishly asked, "I forgot mine, and was wondering if we could share."

Woohyun looked up, "Of course," he smiled, painfully fake. He leaned over to grab the thick book that sat underneath the wire basket of his desk. Woohyun knew that he got a useless partner if he can't even remember to bring the book he's had all year to the only class he needs it for. He grabbed the binding and was about to pull up when the male stopped him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter