TOPPDOGG/INTERVIEW

→ all about topp dogg

[131108] Strength in Numbers - Q&A with Topp Dogg 

image


Topp Dogg is only mere weeks into their debut, but they’ve already captured the attention of many a K-pop fan thanks to their powerful sound and formidable group size. Produced by Cho PD's Stardom Entertainment, the rookie hip-hop boy band is formed by 13 members – P-Goon, B-Joo, Ho Joon, Yano, Nakta, Xero, Sangdo, Seogoong, Jenissi, A-Tom, Kidoh, Hansol and Gohn – making them one of the largest groups in K-pop. Topp Dogg's lineup offers a show of strength in not only numbers but also skills as the members all come armed with their own unique talents. 

Can this 13-member group rise to become the Topp Dogg in K-pop? They’ve definitely come out fighting with their first mini-albumDogg’s Out, mincing no words in their strong title song “Say It” which boldly declares their arrival to the K-pop world. 


{Topp Dogg Greeting for YesAsia}

 

Q: Tell us about your new album and title song.

A: Topp Dogg’s first album Dogg’s Out has just been released! The album’s intro song Dogg’s Out announces Topp Dogg’s first appearance. The second track “Say It” is the title song. It’s an impactful song with an addictive chorus and trap beats, and it allows each member to show his rap skills.

image
 

Q: Any memorable moments while working on the album?


A: The most memorable moment was Xero’s solo performance scene during the music video shooting. Grain powder (misugaru) was spread all over the place to create a special effect in the MV. The members and staff all suffered because of the powder and dust, but we were able to make a really nice scene because of it.


{Topp Dogg - Say It MV}


Q: What are your upcoming plans?

A: 
Currently, we’re focused on promoting Topp Dogg to the public, mainly through broadcasting activities. And whenever we have free time in our schedule, we’re working on the next album. As Topp Dogg has many members, there are many things we want to present in our music and performances. We’re trying hard to always show our better sides to fans.

image

Q: Recommend a place in Korea that overseas fans should visit.

A: We recommend Gyeongbokgung, Korea’s traditional palace. It seems to be a very Korean place with natural scenery and a serene atmosphere. And we recommend walking around the nearby streets like Samcheong-dong and Insa-dong and visiting delicious restaurants. 
 

P-GOON’S MEMORABLE FAN ENCOUNTER

About four years ago, a fan asked me to sign in her notebook. We were doing volunteer work at a cafe [recently] and unexpectedly she came by with the same notebook and asked for a new autograph again under the previous one. It’s a very unforgettable memory, because I’m deeply thankful to the fan for remembering me even though a long time has passed. 

Q: Leave a message for your overseas fans!

A: Hello, we are Topp Dogg. Thank for you giving us so much interest and love since the release of even our pre-debut mixtapes. Now we appear before you with Dogg’s Out and the title song “Say It” and this is the most joyful moment for us to show you our music. Hope you love Topp Dogg and our title song “Say It” and please look forward to more of our activities in the future!
 

SPECIALLY FROM KIDOH

To all Topp Dogg’s international fans! Thanks for supporting us and even if you’re far away we still love you. And keep your eyes on us :) 


tumblr_inline_mvyna3sDCN1rfo5l2.jpg
 

Via Yesasia
Written by YumCha! Editorial Team
Photos provided by Stardom Entertainment