My Two in One Sweetheart

My Two in One Sweetheart

 

Chapter 6 : His heart

 

 

“I’m home,” Hyukjae greeted cheerfully as he entered his apartment, placing his bag down on the floor as he began taking his shoes off.

 

Donghae who seemed to be already tired and bored while flipping the channels on the television immediately snapped his head to the direction of the door, his gloomy face instantly lightens up as soon as his eyes landed on Hyukjae.

 

“Hyukjae!” He beamed, he quickly stood up from the floor and runs towards the door. The excitement on Donghae’s face made Hyukjae feels even happier until,

 

“I’ve been waiting for you, I feel so tired” Donghae murmured as he rubbed his right eye with the back of his hand, “Can we go back to sleep again?” he asked followed by a yawn.

 

Hyukjae sighed in disappointment, “Is that how you are going to welcome me home? Won’t you even ask if I’m hungry or if I did well in school?” he complained, obviously he was expecting more concern from the other or a bit more attention.

 

Donghae pouted, “Sorry, I don’t know that I should ask those things first,” he replied, he took a deep breath as he let the questions out, “Hyukjae are you hungry?  And how’s school?” he asked, thinking that’s what exactly Hyukjae wants him to do.

 

Hyukjae couldn’t help but to scratch his left cheek after witnessing Donghae’s ignorance once again, “Yeah I’m hungry, and how I hope there’s still food in the fridge. And school was fine” he answered lazily. He realizes that he shouldn’t be expecting that much because Donghae is obviously unknowledgeable about human emotions.

 

“O” Donghae mouthed as he nodded in response, his eyelids were dropping due to the drowsiness that he was feeling, “Now, can we sleep?” he asked softly, “You know… I really can’t sleep all by myself, I think that I need to be next to you so I can fall asleep,” he told the other.

 

Hyukjae’s forehead creased upon hearing what the other just said, “That’s ridiculous, maybe you’re just thinking too much Donghae. You can sleep if you want to, and how can that be possible that you could only sleep if I’m next to you? That’s a very silly theory you got there,”

 

“I don’t know, I tried closing my eyes hoping to fall asleep but nothing happened.” Donghae replied, “Please… I need to sleep, I feel so tired” he pleaded as he stepped closer to Hyukjae, bracing Hyukjae’s right hand with his two hands as he tugged him gently.

 

Hyukjae thought that from what was happening in his life right now, what could possibly went more unrealistic. He found Donghae who came from another world, someone who was carrying two genders with him. Maybe what Donghae was saying is actually true, there’s no harm in trying anyway, besides they already slept right next to each other last night.

 

Hyukjae sighed loudly as he gently tapped Donghae’s head with his left hand, “Well, what else can I do when you’re being this adorable,” he chuckled softly.

 

It made Donghae smile and then happily threw his arms around the other male. “Hmm… you’re so warm,” Donghae cooed as he buried his face against the other’s chest, inhaling the scent of Hyukjae’s school uniform.

 

Hyukjae laughed at Donghae’s statement, he slowly placed his arms around Donghae as he embraced him as well. “I think you should really take a nap, a long undisturbed sleep.” he whispered against Donghae’s hair. But before he could even say more he suddenly felt Donghae’s weight getting heavier, until he heard the younger one snoring lightly in his arms.

 

It made Hyukjae raised an eyebrow as Donghae fell fast asleep in his arms, “I don’t have any idea that he’s already this sleepy,” Hyukjae mumbled to himself, “Well… what can I say, I guess his little theory was right after all.”

 

Hyukjae slowly carried Donghae on the bed and he had no choice but to lie next to him or else he’ll wake Donghae up again. He carefully covers Donghae with the blanket but still kept an arm around the other to keep him asleep.

 

“I want to spend more time with you, but how can I do that if you kept on getting weirder every day. Be thankful I like you or else I wouldn’t do you a favor,” he told the sleeping boy, he sighed and was followed by a loud grumbling of his stomach, “Ugh, I’m hungry,” he complained.

 

He doesn’t have any idea of why Donghae cannot sleep in his world, of why the other needs to be next o him in order for him to fall asleep. He wants an explanation why, because it’s making him feel worried. But Donghae doesn’t know the reason either.

 --

 

“I’m getting worried of Donghae, seriously the frustration is killing me,” Yesung let out as he buried his face on his palms.

 

“Master don’t worry, we will find him soon,” Heechul soothed Yesung’s back, comforting his master, “And you won’t die so don’t overreact master,” he added, bringing some humor in the atmosphere.

 

Yesung sighed, unfortunately the humor didn’t help ease the worry at all, “I feel so guilty, maybe he really feels bad about what happened to Ddangkoma,” he spoke again.

 

“Master, Please let me! Let me find Donghae to the human world, I’ve been down there a number of times and I already memorized the whole area. Well, sort of” Heechul told him.

 

“But I already sent the guards down, let them find him it’s their job anyway.” He replied,

 

“But it’s been three days but still there’s no progress with the search, and it’s my fault why he’s down there so please let me find him.” Heechul pleaded, he feels guilty because it was his fault why Ddangkoma fell over the hanging bridge but Donghae took the blame. He was deeply worried, Donghae is like a brother to him and he can’t just let him wandering out alone in the human world.

 

Yesung sighed, “Okay, I’ll give you three days to look for him, but if you won’t be able to find him you must return back, understand?” he said.

 

Heechul almost jumped in joy, finally his master agreed on letting him look for Donghae. “I can find him, I’m sure of that! I’ll bring him back I promise,” Heechul told his master. He’s not sure how long will it take for him to find Donghae, but he must try his hardest, he needs to find him.

 

--

 

 

“As you can see, I am not a rich person, if it’s okay I would like to ask a favor…” Hyukjae started. They were in the middle of having their dinner after Donghae finally had his desired sleep.

 

“Of course what is that Hyukie?” Donghae beamed, he seems to be livelier because he finally had his rest.

 

“Hyukie?” Hyukjae repeated, he was surprised to hear Donghae calling him that did Donghae just gave him a nick name?

 

Donghae nodded, “Why? You don’t like it?” he asked pouting,

 

Hyukjae smiled at the other, “No, actually it sounds cute” he replied, to which Donghae replied with a huge smile.

 

Hyukjae then continued on what he was about to tell Donghae, “Well… about the foods, we’ll have to budget everything. Can you control your diet even just for a week? Until I can find a job, then after that you can eat anything you want.”

 

“B-but I can still eat right?”Donghae asked with a worried expression on his face.

 

Eunhyuk laughed. “Of course! You can still eat but not that much anymore, can you do that?” Hyukjae asked.

 

Donghae nodded with much enthusiasm, “Okay. Don’t worry Hyukie, I will do my best.”

 

 

The next day,

 

“Aren’t you going to school today?” Donghae asked as he noticed Hyukjae not wearing his school uniform. Instead, he was wearing a shirt and a pair of jeans.

 

“No, I am going to look for a job today,” Hyukjae replied as he started tying his shoes. “My friend Sungmin told me that his aunt needs an extra worker in her coffee shop so I’m going for it.”

 

‘O’ Donghae mouthed, “Can I come with you?” he asked and the excitement in his voice couldn’t be concealed.

 

Hyukjae turned his body around as he faced the other, he sighed, he doesn’t want to make the boy upset but bringing him outside might cause a trouble.  “I’m sorry Donghae but you can’t come with me, you should only stay indoors, you know that.”

 

“B-b-but I’m not hungry, I don’t feel weak at all. Honestly I feel a lot livelier than before. Take me with you, please Hyukie…” Donghae pleaded.

 

“As much as I want to tag you along with me but I need to keep you safe.” Hyukjae replied.

 

Donghae nodded less enthusiastically, “I see… but I was also thinking that maybe I could go look for Ddangkoma while you look for a job.”

 

“I told you we’ll look for him during weekends. It’s not safe especially if I’ll let you go wandering around the city alone.” The redhead replied,

 

“But I am here because I need to find Ddangkoma, and not to keep myself safe.” Donghae’s voice suddenly got louder than necessary. He immediately bit his own tongue for he didn’t mean to higher his voice at Hyukjae.

 

Hyukjae clenched his jaw, for him he was just concerned and it pissed him off that Donghae can’t see that or couldn’t feel that either, “Fine. You can come along if that’s what you want. Just don’t tell me I didn’t warned you.” he replied coldly as he turned his back to Donghae.

 

---

 

It’s been a silent walk and Hyukjae haven’t spoken a word since they left the apartment. On the other hand Donghae was trying his best to keep on talking along the way on how the streets look amazing with all the lights, the music and moving vehicles while Eunhyuk just kept on nodding.

 

“Hyukkie… please say something,” Donghae tried to talk to Hyukjae who was walking a few spaces ahead of him, but the latter only shrugged his shoulders in reply.

 

“Hyukkie…” Hyukjae heard Donghae calling him again but he just continued on ignoring him. “Hyukjae!” Donghae called out again and it made Hyukjae turns around with a scowl on his face.

 

“What?!” He hissed. He saw the younger male standing a few feet away from him, he was only standing there and seems like he had no intentions of walking any further. “Why are you just standing right there? Keep on walking” he commanded.

 

Donghae shook his head, he looked at the ground and pointed at his shoes. Hyukjae looked down on what he was trying to point at and saw that the shoelace on his right got loosened up “I don’t know how to fix it” Donghae told him.

 

Hyukjae scratched the back of his head. He sighed as he walked back to where Donghae is, “You’re such a baby you know that” He kneeled down as he took Donghae’s right foot and started tying the laces.

 

“I am really sorry about what happened this morning” Donghae spoke, “I didn’t mean to raise my voice at you, I only wanted to come with you today” he added.

 

“I can see that. And now you’re out here with me, and you’re slowing me down.” Hyukjae replied a bit cold as he tried checking the lace at Donghae’s left foot.

 

Donghae then suddenly bent down to match the level of the other guy’s face and Hyukjae was startled by his action, “Don’t be angry anymore. I won’t do it again I promise,” he pleaded.

 

“W-What are you doing? You can’t just move your face too close to someone like that” He scolded him as he tried to move his face away from the younger.

 

Donghae’s lips curved into a pout, “And why can’t I?” he innocently asked and only moved his face closer again.

 

Hyukjae blushed at how close Donghae’s face is to his own, his heart beats faster at the closeness. He had to remind himself that they are in public and that he must not show any signs of admiration to the younger since he wants to teach him a lesson after the boy raised his voice at him, with that he immediately composed himself. “B-because you’re ugly that’s why you can’t,” he quickly responded as he stood up from the ground.

 

Donghae’s face saddened, he felt upset but not enough to trigger his gender to switch, he straightens up his body and it was obvious that he took Hyukjae’s words seriously. “I’m ugly?” he mumbled solely to himself.

 

“Quit moping around okay? We need to hurry,” He told the other as he continued walking again not wanting to see the hurt reaction of Donghae.

 

 

---

 

The coffee shop looks pretty with the colors of coffee brown, of baby blue and light pink giving the interior a comfortable and delighting feeling. The sweet addicting aroma of coffee and pastries surrounds the place. Donghae’s jaw literally fell at the sight of the place. Hyukjae who was standing beside him had to tap the boy’s chin as to tell him to close his mouth when a lady from the counter started approaching them.

 

“Hello there, so you must be my nephew’s friends? I am Sungmin’s aunt, just call me Sunny.” a lady who seems to be in her twenties greeted their arrival in the coffee shop.

 

Hyukjae’s jaw dropped upon seeing how young Sungmin’s aunt looks. He had met Sungmin’s family and some of his relatives before, but it only happened twice and he hardly remembers everyone aside from Sungmin’s mother and father. When he realized that he hasn’t greeted the lady yet he immediately greets with a 90 degree bow, “Good afternoon Ma’am, my name is Lee Hyukjae and I am Sungmin’s best friend.” He then slightly nudged the boy beside him, telling him to introduce himself as well.

 

With his still gloomy face Donghae tried to stretch his lips into a smile, “Hello, My name is Donghae” he spoke low.

 

Sunny laughed at the two, “It’s nice to meet you. Maybe you are quite surprised that I am too young to be Sungmin’s aunt, but just for you to know I am already in my late twenties and I’m married.” She smiled sweetly at them. “And by the way, as far as I could remember Sungmin only mentioned that only one is going to apply for the job, I didn’t expect that there will be two.” She added as she exchange looks with Hyukjae and Donghae.

 

Hyukjae quickly raised both his hands as if saying ‘no’. “I am the only one who’s going for the job I only brought him with me,” he explained.

 

“Oh I see…  Will it be okay if we’ll have to leave Donghae here first while I show you around including the office at the back and the kitchen area,” Sunny told them.

 

“It’s okay, he can stay here and wait.” Hyukjae replied and gave Donghae a warning look, telling him to behave while he’s gone.

 

 

Sunny let Donghae stay in an unoccupied table just in front of the glass shelf display of sweets and offered him a cup of coffee and a slice of cheesecake before leaving him.

 

“She’s so nice…” Donghae murmured as he used the fork to draw invisible circles on the now empty plate of cheesecake “But I’m still hungry…” he pouted as he looked at the mouth watering sweets on the glass display.

 

He was startled when someone suddenly blocked his view, it was a tall handsome guy and was smiling brightly at him. He was surprised to see the guy again after his birthday a few days ago, “Siwon!” he beamed.

 

“Hey, I thought you’ve already forgotten my name,” Siwon chuckled, “It’s nice seeing you again, what are you doing here? Are you alone?”

 

Donghae shakes his head, “I’m with Hyukjae, but he’s with Sunny right now. He’s err… applying for a job?” He replied, being careful that he’s answering the question just right.

 

“I guess he’s really serious when he said that he’ll look for a job so he could keep you,” Siwon smiled at him.

 

Donghae tilted his head to the side, “So he could keep me?” he asked in curiosity.

 

“Nothing” he chuckled, “Just forget about what I said. So, have you eaten already?”

 

Donghae glanced down to his empty plate and back to Siwon then nodded, “But I’m still hungry” he mumbled.

 

Siwon laughed heartily at the adorable boy before him, “Okay, since we met again I’ll treat you today. You can choose anything you want at the glass shelf” he pointed the glass display of assorted sweets.

 

Donghae’s eyes went big as it sparkled in joy, “You mean I can eat anything that I want?” he asked.

 

Siwon nodded, “Yes, and I’ll pay everything”

 

“But don’t you think that’s too much?” Donghae asked his voice suddenly went low.

 

“Of course not, we’re friends remember? So it’s okay to treat each other sometimes. You don’t have to be shy”

 

“Are you sure? Because I am really hungry right now,”

 

Siwon laughed as he nods in reply, “Well if you feel slightly uncomfortable with it I’ll just treat you for today and if you like you can treat me for lunch some other time when you already can, now how’s that?” he asked the latter.

 

With a huge smile plastered on his face Donghae replied “Okay”.

 

 

After what it seems like an hour Mrs. Sunny and Hyukjae returned inside the coffee shop.

 

“Well, it’s nice meeting you Hyukjae, and like what I said earlier you can start on your job whenever you’re ready” Sunny told him.

 

“Thank you, well… will it be okay if I start tomorrow?” Hyukjae asked,

 

“Of course, don’t worry you’ll have Changmin and Luna to assist you and also to teach you the rest of the things you still have to learn,” Sunny replied as she points at the tall guy and small blonde girl working at the counter.

 

“Okay then I’ll start on my job tomorrow,” Hyukjae smiled gratefully at her, “Thank you so much Ms. Sunny and I promise to do my best.”

 

Sunny gave him a tap on the shoulder, “Good luck,” she smiled at him before going back inside her office.

 

After that, Hyukjae hurried back excitedly to where Donghae is. “Donghae I got accep-” he stopped in his sentence and his eyes almost dropped from its sockets when he saw Donghae’s table filled with assorted sweets.

 

“Donghae,” Hyukjae hissed as he approached the boy who is too busy munching a muffin.

 

Upon hearing Hyukjae’s voice Donghae immediately looked up and smiled widely at him, “Hyukjae look!” he chimed as he raised a muffin at him, “And I got lots of them, see…” he added as he showed a basket full of cupcakes, muffins, chocolates and other random pastries.

 

With an irritated sigh Hyukjae speaks again, “D-don’t tell me you ordered all of those by yourself? Donghae, we don’t have any money to pay for those,” he then took a napkin on the table and wiped the traces of chocolates from the corner of Donghae’s mouth less gently.

 

Donghae winced as Hyukjae tried to wipe his face clean, “Don’t worry Hyukie… Siwon said that he will pay everything,”

 

Hyukjae automatically stopped from rubbing the now clean face of the younger as he cocked his head to the side, “Siwon? He’s here?”

 

And as if on cue Siwon came back on the table with two cartons of strawberry milk in hand, “Hey man what’s up!” Siwon playfully greeted his friend.

 

“Hey, what are you doing here?” Hyukjae asked his friend, he was quite surprised to see him at the coffee shop.

 

“I’m looking for Sungmin, I thought I can find him here but I guess he’s not around” Siwon replied as he gave Donghae one of the strawberry milk and the other one to his friend, “It’s my treat since you’ve finally got a job,”

 

Hyukjae gave a slight smile “Thanks,” he said as he took the strawberry milk his friend had offered him.

 

Siwon sat on one of the empty chairs and Hyukjae followed right after him, “It’s really nice seeing the two of you going out together” Siwon told them.

 

“Honestly Donghae is just too stubborn, he nagged me this morning so he could come with me even though he already knows that he can’t go outside,” Hyukjae replied which made Donghae slouched on his seat.

 

“But why can’t he come with you?” Siwon quickly asked, making Hyukjae regret what he just said. Of course he cannot tell anyone what Donghae really is.

 

“We-well… it’s because err…” Hyukjae stammers on his sentence as he tried to think of something he can say, “Um… He was not feeling well last night? Y-yes that’s right!” he exclaimed as he finally thought of one, “He wasn’t feeling well last night and I was worried he’ll just tire his self if he goes outside,” he let out as he displays a smile, an anxious one.

 

Donghae sighed in relief as Hyukjae had managed to give Siwon an answer.

 

“Why didn’t you tell me earlier, are you feeling better now?” Siwon asked Donghae.

 

Donghae nodded, “It’s alright I’m feeling better now,”

 

“Well do you guys have any other plans for the rest of the day?” Siwon asked the two.

 

“We planned on looking for Donghae’s pet turtle but I think it’s going to rain soon so we’ll just reschedule the search this weekend” Hyukjae replied, looking at the window. The sky was dark and looks like it will rain anytime soon.

 

“Oh, the turtle, Teukie hyung had told me about that. Don’t worry I’ll help you guys find it,” Siwon smiled at them.

 

“Wow, thanks Siwon,” says Donghae too cheerfully.

 

Siwon chuckled, “You’re such a sweetheart, Hyukjae’s so lucky that he can keep you,” he reached for Donghae as he playfully pinched either side of the boy’s cheek.

 

“Hey! Don’t do that” Hyukjae protested, call him selfish but he doesn’t like sharing Donghae with anyone, not even with a friend, Siwon only laughed but stopped from what he was doing.

 

“You don’t have to be jealous, Donghae’s already yours to keep” Siwon told his friend. “Anyway” he continued, “I have to go, I still have to look for Sungmin, he promised me that he’ll join our bible study group you know”

 

Hyukjae chuckled, “Maybe he’s having a second thought about it and that’s why he’s trying to hide from you,”

 

Siwon only rolled his eyes, “Whatever, I have to go, careful on your way home ‘kay?”

 

Hyukjae nodded, “Tell Sungmin I got accepted on the job and tell him I said thanks” he told the latter.

 

Even before Siwon stands up from his seat a naughty thought suddenly crossed his mind. “Bye” He quickly bends down and kissed Hyukjae on the cheek.

 

For Hyukjae it was nothing because Siwon tends to do that sometimes to tease some of them in their circle of friends. He just simply sighs in irritation as he fists his hand and shows it to his friend, a warning gesture. But then he was surprised for it was Donghae who reacted violently to the kiss.

 

“Why did you do that?” Donghae exclaimed, pointing a finger at Siwon.

 

Siwon could only smirk for Donghae’s reaction was proving his assumptions right, “Did what?”

 

“Y-you kissed him” Donghae was frowning at Siwon. “You can’t do that again”

 

“Hae calm down will you… stop shouting it’s embarrassing,” Hyukjae told him,

 

“But he kissed you and—and I don’t like it…” Donghae pouted, somehow that made Hyukjae’s heart feels warm and happy, is it possible that Donghae is jealous? Does that mean he likes him as well? Hyukjae thought.

 

That made Siwon bursts into laughter, “Okay, I am sorry okay? I was just kidding. I didn’t expect that you’ll react like this, but it’s good to know that you can easily get jealous exactly like Hyukjae,” Siwon told him.

 

Donghae blushed as he realizes that he had reacted too much, he doesn’t have any idea why he was feeling like that all of a sudden, it’s quite embarrassing for he has no reason why, and so he could only lower his head and hide his blush from the two males.

 

“Stop that Siwon, you better get going before Sungmin could even book a flight away from Korea,” Hyukjae playfully pushed his friend away from their table, shooing him away before he could think of something that might make Donghae upset again.

 

--

 

Hyukjae placed the box of sweets inside the fridge when Donghae’s appetite miraculously evaporated. Back in the coffee shop as soon as Siwon left the shop Donghae told him that he was already full and so Hyukjae had decided to bring the food home since he thought that Donghae might get hungry again when they get back home.

 

He walked closer to the window as he watched the heavy rain pouring outside, sighing he closes the curtain down and that’s when he noticed Donghae sulking in a corner with a crayon in hand and was drawing something on a sheet of paper. Hyukjae walked across the room and sat beside Donghae on the floor, and that’s when he saw what Donghae was drawing on the paper. A heart.

 

----------------------

WHEW! XD it's been such a loooong time since I last updated this. I sort of lacked some inspiration and I am not that good in writing stories in this type of genre. (well there's no harm in trying anyways LOL)

Sorry for I have abandoned this fic for too long. I'll try to post the next chapter tomorrow n__n (i'll try okay?) 

(and about NOL i am still working on it)