My Two In One Sweetheart

My Two in One Sweetheart

CHAPTER 5

 

Chapter 5: The Responsibility

 

It’s been a tiring day, right after the party Donghae had chosen to go with Hyukjae even though Siwon had invited him to stay in their house since his place was much bigger and spacious than Hyukjae. But because everyone feels tired they just let Donghae be, before leaving they didn’t forget to warn Hyukjae, telling him that he shouldn’t do anything to the innocent Donghae.

 

-------

 

“I can’t sleep” Donghae muttered, waking up the boy beside him.

 

Hyukjae groaned as he closed his eyes, “What do you want me to do then? Just close your eyes and believe me you’re asleep before you now it” he mumbled lazily.

 

“But that’s what I did last night and nothing happened, Hyukjae help, do something.” Donghae pleaded as he shook the red head’s arm.

 

“How could I possibly know what’s wrong with you? It’s your body not mine” Hyukjae replied as he tried to tug his arms from Donghae’s grip.

 

“But I honestly don’t know what is wrong, and I want to sleep,” Donghae cried,

 

Hyukjae sighed and opened his eyes, “And I want to sleep as well, it’s been a tiring day for both of us so please let me sleep, you can do it just keep your eyes close and don’t open them.”

 

Donghae’s forehead creased, “Fine ,” he said as he let go of Hyukjae’s arm, “I haven’t slept for two nights and I feel like dying, and you don’t even want to help me out” he pouted as he moved farther away from the latter and rested himself again on the bed with his back facing the red head.

 

“Hey, you won’t die just because you haven’t sleep for days, but you will if you won’t eat.” Hyukjae told him but the brunette didn’t respond to him.

 

“Hey, you’re too close on the edge of the bed, you might fall off move a bit backwards.” The red head tried if Donghae would respond to it, but the brunette didn’t even move a little nor shrug or made any sound, but Hyukjae knows that he was still awake.

 

“So Donghae’s not responding anymore, maybe he’s already asleep. I guess I better sleep as well” Hyukjae tried to tease the brunette. And it worked.

 

Donghae turned his body around so he can face the latter. A frown was still on his face, an expression that was too cute that it could melt your heart, and only Donghae can do that.

 

“I can’t sleep, and I think I will die because of it. And you don’t even care a bit so you will sleep instead, right, sleep all by yourself” Donghae let out,

 

“What?” Donghae mumbled when he saw Hyukjae smiling widely showing his gorgeous gummy smile.

 

“You so cute,” Hyukjae answered, and it made Donghae blush.

 

“Come here,” Hyukjae said as he reached for Donghae’s hands and pulled the brunette closer to him. Donghae let the red head pulled him closer to him because he finds Hyukjae’s hands very warm which surprisingly made Donghae feels relaxed.

 

When Hyukjae had successfully pulled Donghae close to him he wrapped his arms around the younger, placing his right arm around the back while placing his left hand to held Donghae’s head. He embraced him tightly pulling Donghae closer to him, too close that both can feel each other’s heartbeat.

 

“When I was young my Mom used to hug me every time I am having a hard time sleeping.” Hyukjae breaths against the brunette’s hair.

 

Donghae could only nod in reply as he buried his face on the older guy’s neck, letting his head rest on Hyukjae’s shoulder. His eyes shut close and his lips, smiling.

 

“I hope this can make you sleep, I can’t think of any other methods anymore.”

 

“My head’s getting lighter and I think, I think I’m about to fall…”

 

“Asleep” Hyukjae ended the brunette’s sentence followed by a light snoring sound which came from Donghae.

 

“So it worked,” Hyukjae chuckled, “Good night then Donghae,” He whispered to the younger’s ears.

----

 

The blinding sunlight coming from the window had wakened Hyukjae up. Everything that morning seems to feel so warm; the warm sunshine and the warmth of the person lying close to him. He kept his eyes closed as he enjoys the moment of feeling Donghae’s arms wrapped around his neck and Donghae’s head resting on his chest. Hyukjae tried to tighten his hug to the sleeping figure and it made him smile when Donghae snuggled closer to him, and when he tried to pry Donghae’s arms from his neck he chuckled softly when Donghae’s embrace only got tighter followed by a long whining sound.

 

“Hhmm…” Donghae whined.

 

“Hey, are you already awake?” Hyukjae whispered, but not long after he heard Donghae snoring lightly again.

 

Hyukjae for the second time attempted to pry Donghae’s arms from him so he can settle the younger properly on the bed but Hyukjae was surprised to see that the latter’s eyes were open and he was frowning cutely at him.

 

“What are you doing? I’m still sleepy” Donghae complained.

 

Hyukjae chuckled low, “But I need to get up, I’m going to be late for school. It’s okay just go back to sleep again.”

 

“But I can’t sleep without you beside me, I guess the reason why I can’t sleep is because I need to be close to you so I can go to sleep.” Donghae told him.

 

“I don’t think so, maybe you just felt comfortable hugging me” Hyukjae teased, “ Try to close your eyes again and you’ll be asleep in no time.” He told him as he raised himself from the bed.

 

Donghae pouted but obeyed what Hyukjae said. He closed his eyes for almost thirty minutes but he really can’t put himself back to sleep, he rolled on the bed, curled up on a ball, but nothing seems to work. He groaned in irritation as he gave up and just sat on the bed.  He saw Hyukjae on his school uniform and was already preparing the breakfast on the table.

 

Hyukjae never felt the need to take good care of anyone, he never prepared breakfast nor cook for others. He only cares about himself and as much as possible avoid all sorts of responsibilities. But this time he feels different , Donghae has been an exception, he now cooks and prepares something for someone.

 

“Are you hungry? Get up now so we can eat” Hyukjae told him when he saw Donghae sitting on the edge of the bed.

 

The idea of eating made Donghae smile, he nodded in response as he dragged himself on the table though he still feels sleepy. On the other hand Hyukjae was surprised when Donghae suddenly leaned his head on his shoulder, the action made his heart skipped a beat.

 

Upon settling himself down Donghae sighed as he rested his head on Hyukjae’s shoulder, “I want to eat but I still feel sleepy,” he mumbled.

 

Not that he doesn’t like it, but he doesn’t want to take advantage of the latter’s innocence,  “Ugh, do you really like doing skinships? You shouldn’t be too clingy on people they might misinterpret your actions” Hyukjae told him as he shrugged his shoulder lightly.

 

Donghae pouted when his head fall off the latter’s shoulder, “I don’t feel like doing it to others though, I just really feel comfortable being too close to you,” he beamed a smile at him.

 

Hyukjae gulped loudly seeing Donghae smiling like that, and hearing what Donghae said made his heart beats louder. He cleared his throat as he reached for the remote control to turn on the TV.

 

“Maybe watching TV would make you completely awake,” Hyukjae said, totally dismissing what Donghae had said.

 

“Woah!” Donghae exclaimed, pointing at the television in front of them, “Heechul hyung had told me about this thing before, he told me that there’s a magical looking box in the human world that is full of colorful pictures and moving objects inside including people” he spoke without any pause with his eyes wide open. “How can human put people inside that thing? How can they get out of there?” he continued.

 

Hyukjae couldn’t help but to laugh at the innocence of Donghae including his amazed facial expression.

 

“That is a ‘television’, a T.V” Hyukjae told Donghae, “Electricity makes it work, and don’t worry there’s no human inside that box, I won’t explain why because you probably just won’t get it.”

 

Donghae nodded though his eyes were still fixed on the TV.

 

“Hey, you should start eating now before the food gets cold,” Hyukjae reminded him. Donghae started eating but occasionally glance up at the television. Hyukjae just let him be and just enjoyed watching the latter smiling and laughing at the show they are watching.

 

----

 

“Remember Donghae, don’t leave the house, stay here and wait till I come back. If you’re hungry just eat everything you can see in the refrigerator, just don’t leave the house, understand?” Hyukjae reminded the boy. He’s been repeating himself for almost a number of times, and he swear if Donghae would still not get it and still dared to step a foot out of the apartment he swear he’ll strangle the boy.

 

Donghae nodded as a smile never left on his face, “I get it, I won’t leave the house and I should wait until you come back. I can eat everything that I want as long as I’ll stay indoors” he said, beaming at him.

 

“Good, we will search for the turtle on weekends, but for now you are not allowed to go outside all by yourself because it’s not safe, you might switch back in being a girl and if that happens at least you’re here and no one can see you.” Hyukjae told him as he fixes his bag.

 

“But I only change gender when I’m upset or feel weak and when I’m hungry.”

 

“But still, we need to be careful. I’m leaving now. Remember the things I told you, don’t go out. If ever you’ll try to step a foot out of this room I won’t welcome you back again.” Hyukjae tried to threaten him, he doesn’t want to sound scary but he knows that’s the only thing that will scare the boy.

 

Donghae’s eyes widened upon hearing the consequence if ever he’ll try to go out, “But I don’t have any intensions of leaving the house, honestly I really don’t have any reasons to go out. I’ll stay here because you said so.” The boy replied as he sat on the chair in front of the study table.

 

“Then good, I’ll leave now. I’ll be home by three in the afternoon. Take care of the house.” Hyukjae said as he headed towards the door.

 

“How can I take care of the house?” Donghae asked,

 

“Well, simple. Just eat, sleep, and don’t touch anything you don’t know how to operate.” Hyukjae replied. Of course it was obvious that Donghae is indeed unknowledgeable of many things, so to avoid potential problems like fire and accidentally damaging the appliances, he had to make Donghae do nothing in the house.

 

“Okay, but doesn’t it sounds like just taking care of myself?” Donghae asked, tilting his head to the side.

 

“Believe me, you’ll help me save this house if you won’t do anything.”Hyukjae assured him.

 

“Okay, since I can’t sleep I’ll just watch T.V then,” Donghae mumbled though still confused.

 

Hyukjae nodded as he reached for the door, “okay, I’ll go ahead.”

 

“Take care Hyukjae, please be home safely” Donghae smiled at him as he waves goodbye to Hyukjae.

 

For the first time in his teenage life there’s someone who’ll be waiting for him back home, knowing that someone will be waiting for him and will be welcoming him back home makes him feel happy, the thought draws a huge smile on face, a smile that never left his lips even on his way to school.

 

------

 

“This is bad, I think I really like him” Hyukjae told Sungmin in the middle of their biology class.

 

“What’s wrong with that? I see no reason for not liking Donghae” Sungmin replied.

 

“But what if he doesn’t like me?” Hyukjae asked him.

 

“But what if he does? Stop worrying will you, where’s your self confidence,”

 

“Tsk, I hope he’s fine with me,” Hyukjae sighed.

 

“Let’s not talk about it shall we. So how’s Donghae?” Sungmin asked his best friend.

 

“He’s fine, he eats like a beast, I’m afraid my stocked foods won’t make it till the end of the month.” Hyukjae replied though he doesn’t sound bothered at all, and Sungmin didn’t fail to notice it.

 

“You’re telling me that your foods will be out of stocked and you didn’t seem to feel bothered at all, I wonder why? Aren’t you suppose to feel troubled?” Sungmin asked.

 

“Why should I?”

 

“Are you forgetting who are the ones supplying all your needs? It’s your admirers, if they found out that you’re letting someone stay in your place they’ll stop giving you stuffs. How can you forget about it?” Sungmin reminded him, and it alarmed the latter.

 

“Well, no one knows about Donghae, so as long as we keep him hidden no one would know. Besides I can live with the money my parents send me, I guess I can bear with it.”

 

Sungmin sighed after hearing what Hyukjae said, “You know how updated your admirers are, even how hard we try to hide him from the eyes of the public they will still find out. And yes, you can live with your parents money, but it wouldn’t be enough to feed two people. It’s hard to survive if you won’t do anything about it.”

 

That made Hyukjae slouched his shoulders low, “You’re right, but I just can’t send Donghae away. He’s in trouble and he needs to find that Ddangkoma first before he can go back home.”

 

“That’s not what I meant stupid,” Sungmin hissed, “I was trying to make you realize that it’s time for you to make yourself useful, you should start looking for part time jobs rather than being dependent on other people, especially your admirers.”

 

“But I have no experience in anything yet, and if I go overtime I’ll miss a lot of things like the dance club and no one would look after Donghae.”

 

“Your excuse is invalid best friend, you’ll have experience once you get a job, plus Donghae is old enough, he can look after himself.”

 

It made Hyukjae raised an eyebrow, “Old enough? Can look after himself? You don’t know anything about Donghae…” Hyukjae mumbled solely to himself.

 

“Stop complaining, I’ll help you find a part time job, it’s either you do it or just give Donghae under  Siwon’s care” Sungmin told him, knowing that saying so would make the latter feel threaten.

 

“I can take care of Donghae alone,” Hyukjae snapped, he had forgotten that they were in the middle of their class and his voice made everyone in the class look at him including their teacher.

 

“Sorry,” both Hyukjae and Sungmin chorused, scratching the back of their head.

 

------

They were busy having their lunch at the school’s soccer field when a bunch of girls marched their way to the group.

 

“Hyukjae oppa, who is Donghae?” a girl with long brown hair asked, her arms folded against her stomach. She’s not alone there are five more girls with her, she seems to be like the fansclub president of Hyukjae’s hundred admirers.

 

Hyukjae’s friends laughed lightly knowing that Hyukjae’s so dead to his admirers.

 

“Uhm… Donghae’s just a friend Hyuna,” Hyukjae replied.

 

“But the rumor says he’s staying in your place,” Hyuna said.

 

“How can you believe in such rumors, t-that’s not true” Hyukjae tried to fake a chuckle.

 

“Hara give me your phone,” Hyuna called her friend who is standing beside her. Hara obediently gave her the phone then Hyuna handed it out to Hyukjae.

 

Hyukjae reached for the phone and was surprised to see a stolen shot of him and Donghae leaving Siwon’s bday party, and another one where he took Donghae home with him.

 

“Oppa please explain what’s the meaning of that,” Hara spoke.

 

“Man, you’re busted” Yunho whipered to Hyukjae.

 

“Shut up,” Hyukjae elbowed him lightly.

 

“Err… ladies aren’t you being so overreacting? Hyukjae said he’s just a friend, and those pictures prove nothing. They’re not even doing anything serious.” Kibum tried to help his friend out.

 

Hyukjae nodded, agreeing to what Kibum just said, “R-right, Kibum’s right. You guys shouldn’t be this jealous over someone.” Oh how Hyukjae wanted to give Kibum a giant hug for trying to speak up for him.

 

“But you’re letting him stay in your place, doesn’t he have any house to stay?” another girl spoke up.

 

“Hyerin, it’s okay, he’s just a friend” Hyukjae told her.

 

“But it doesn’t look right, you look like live-in couples, and you don’t usually let other people stay in your apartment, how can he be an exception?”  Hyerin frowned and so does the others.

 

For a half minute Hyukjae was speechless, he couldn’t find any excuse anymore. And it made the girls panic.

 

“So what if Hyukjae has a boyfriend? Donghae looks prettier than all Hyukjae’s past relationships” it was Kyuhyun who spoke which made Hyukjae’s eyes widened .

 

“OMO! So it is true then? You’re in a relationship with this Donghae! we don’t even know who he is, we can’t accept this, we can’t!” Hyunah exploded, while the other girls covered their mouths, shocked by what Kyuhyun just said.

 

“P-please calm down,” Hyukjae told them.

 

“No, how can we calm down?” Hara spoke,

 

“You know what this means Hyukjae, since you’re having fun with your boyfriend might as well enjoy our hiatus, we can’t support you as long as you’re in a relationship.” Hyunah told him.

 

“Right, let’s go girls” Hara seconded the motion as all of them started leaving the soccer field.

 

“Ugh! Kyuhyun!” Hyukjae turned to face his best friend’s boyfriend.

 

“What? You should thank me I made them go away,” Kyuhyun replied.

 

“But Donghae’s not my boyfriend, how can you tell them that he is?”

 

“But he will be, you like him so might as well face the fact that you’ll be asking him to be your boyfriend soon.” It was Sungmin who spoke, obviously saving his boyfriend from Hyukjae.

 

“Sungmin’s right Hyukjae, it’s much better if you’ll let them know rather than making them expect much more from you.” Ryeowook joined the conversation.

 

“Our Hyukjae is growing up and becoming more and more handsome, we can’t blame you for all the admirations you’re getting but it’s time for you to start acting your age and be mature enough. You should be responsible not only for yourself but for Donghae as well.” Leeteuk finally spoke.

 

“Why does it sounds like Donghae is my wife here?” Hyukjae muttered.

 

“Because we all know that you’re not that financially rich, Siwon can take Donghae with him but you just insisted on taking him with you, it’s not a joke to look after someone” Yunho spoke.

 

“But Donghae wanted to go with me as well, I didn’t forced him,” Hyukjae reasoned out.

 

“So that’s why you should show Donghae that he made the right decision in going with you.” Siwon told him.

 

All of his friends have their points, Donghae had chosen to go with him that night instead of going with Siwon. And besides he wants Donghae to stay with him as well.

 

Hyukjae took a deep breath before speaking, “Well, I believe that great looks comes with great responsibility, so  fine, I’ll look for a  job.”

 

Sungmin gave him a judging look, “You’re so full of yourself, well that’s much better than giving up.” He sighed as he continues on, “That’s my best friend! Don’t worry we’ll help you,” Sungmin chimed.

 

--------