My Two in One Sweetheart

My Two in One Sweetheart

 

Chapter 2: The First Switch

 

 

There’s only one word he can describe the girl standing in front of him, Angelic. Despite the fact that she was only wearing a plain white shirt which is too large for her slim-framed body partnered with blue pajama pants which is too long for her legs, it didn’t hinder the beauty she possesses. It was like she was glowing every time she flashes a smile, for Hyukjae she looks magical. Little did he know that she was indeed magical.

 

“That shirt seems to be too large on you, but I don’t have any shirt smaller than that one,” Hyukjae said; scanning the girl in front of him who was fresh from the shower and is now wearing some dry clothes from Lee Hyukjae’s fully stuffed closet. “Since you are just going to stay for the night, maybe you can bear wearing them,” he added.

 

“Honestly, your clothes are comfortable to wear. Thank you for lending them to me” she replied in a way to which Hyukjae think was to formal.

 

The shirt was too large that it kept on falling down her shoulder exposing her creamy smooth complexion. Hyukjae gulped upon realizing that she wasn’t wearing anything under that shirt. How did he know? The shirt kept on slipping down but he can’t see any straps along her shoulders, he thought that maybe it was something removable or strapless (yes he knows everything about brassiere, he had unclasped and removed a lot of those from his past relationships) , according to him there’s nothing wrong if he’ll check so he let his eyes travel down to her chest. A grunt had escaped from his throat, he can clearly make out her from the thin fabric she was wearing.

 

Due to sudden curiosity Hyukjae couldn’t help but to ask her, “Ex-excuse me, but… aren’t you really wearing anything under that shirt?”

 

His question made the girl frowned, “What do you mean?”

 

Hyukjae can’t believe he just asked a girl about that, now he felt suddenly ashamed of his actions. “Well… I -I believe and, well, as far as I know… as a girl you should be wearing so-some under garments,” he paused as he bit his lips, “that’s right” he took a deep breath before continuing, “girls need to secure and protect their b-bodies from being exposed, right?” Oh how he wanted to punch his self from stammering all throughout his sentence.

 

“I’m sorry, but I really don’t know what you’re talking about.” The girl said.

 

Hyukjae’s eyebrow raised, how could she not know? He thought. “I was referring to a brassiere, a bra. Don’t you have it? We’re going to sleep under one roof, don’t you feel unsecured? I’m a boy and you’re a girl,” He explained.

 

“I don’t have that thing you called bra, well… do you have any? Can I just borrow one?” she asked, and there’s nothing on her face but pure innocence that Hyukjae wonders if she’s not used of wearing one, but how come?! He thought.

 

Hyukjae sighed loudly, “I’m a guy, how the heck could I have one?” he answered in a way like saying ‘where is your common sense?’.

 

Hyukjae sighed as he went back to his closet and to look for much thicker clothes.

 

“Here, put this on as well,” he said as he handed her a sweater.

 

She had slipped her arms through the sleeves easily as she put the sweater on, “Why do humans have to put on so many clothes?” the girl mumbled but that didn’t escaped from Hyukjae’s ears.

 

“Why? Aren’t you human yourself?” Hyukjae chuckled sarcastically, “Well, anyway, we still don’t know each other’s name. I’m Hyukjae.” he introduced himself, “And you are?...”

 

The girl smiled, “I’m Donghae, it’s nice to meet you Jaejae” she chimed.

 

Hyukjae was about to smile upon finally knowing her name but he wasn’t able to do so when Donghae said his name wrong, “Its Hyukjae, Hyuk.Jae” he cleared.

 

Donghae’s mouth formed an ‘O’ then she smiled again “It’s nice meeting you Hyukjae” she said.

 

Hyukjae smiled back, “Yeah, it’s nice to meet you too” he glanced at the wall clock at saw that it’s already eleven in the evening, “I’m sorry I forgot to ask, are you hungry? I already ate with my friends before going home, but there are lots of foods at the fridge,”

 

“Hungry?” Donghae asked,

 

“Uh-huh, do you want to eat something?”

 

Donghae shook his head, “No, I’ll just eat tomorrow when the sun is up.” She replied.

 

“Are you on a diet? Maybe that’s why you’re so slim you skip eating dinner…” Because Donghae doesn’t have any idea what Hyukjae was talking about, she just shrugged her shoulders in reply.

 

.

“Uhm, since my apartment is not that big and I don’t have any other spare rooms, you can use the bed, I’ll sleep on the floor…” Hyukjae said.

 

Honestly, he’s not used of being a gentleman, it’s just that there is something about Donghae that tames his behavior. He’s a certified playboy, but he himself finds it weird that he’s being careful and nice to her, and Hyukjae thought that maybe it was because of her innocence.

 

“But the bed is spacious enough for two, you can sleep on the bed as well,” Donghae told him,

 

Hyukjae sighed again, “We can’t share the bed, I’m a guy and you’re a girl.”

 

“If ever I’m a guy, can we sleep on the same bed together?” Donghae asked,

 

Hyukjae nodded, “That is only if you’re a guy, but you’re not. Well, if you’re my boyfriend or my girlfriend we can absolutely share one bed, but still, we are not.”

 

“Boyfriend… Girlfriend? What’s that?” Donghae’s forehead creased in curiosity.

 

Hyukjae palmed his forehead in disbelief for Donghae’s being so unknowledgeable about a lot of things.

 

“It’s a kind of relationship among two persons, it means you’re together, and he is yours and that you are his’” Hyukjae randomly explained. Seriously, is she from a convent, maybe she’s been raised by nuns. Hyukjae thought.

 

“Well… then just be my boyfriend so we can share the bed,” Donghae said even she doesn’t have any idea on what she’s talking about.

 

Hyukae sighed for the nth time, “You can’t just take anybody as your boyfriend, why do you keep on insisting for us to share the bed?” What if it’s just an act, maybe she’s just acting all innocent so she can get me for the night, He said to himself.

 

Donghae pouted, “Because Heechul hyung- I mean oppa.. told me that’s it’s not good to use a thing you don’t own while the owner suffers. I have a bad conscience you know…”  Donghae explained.

 

Hyukjae shook his head as he sighed in defeat, “Fine, because I’m really tired and I badly need to get some sleep, and because I believe it’s really hard to make you understand and for the sake of your conscience I’ll sleep on the bed as well, but we shouldn’t be too close to each other.”

 

Donghae displayed a huge smile, “Okay, then lets sleep HyunJae” she said as she half run towards the bed, settling herself on the other side of the bed as she lay her back on the soft mattress and instantly closing her eyes like she’s too excited to sleep.

 

“Donghae,” Hyukjae called,

 

“Yes?” she said, without opening her eyes.

 

“It’s Hyukjae,” he clarified again.

 

Keeping her eyes close, “That’s what I said,” she replied.

 

“No, you said HyunJae”

 

“Ooh… sorry,” she apologized, feeling too tired to open her eyes, she kept them shut as she spoke to him.

 

Hyukjae laughed softly because Donghae’s being too adorably cute, he took a deep breath as he walked towards the bed and lay down as well, keeping his distance from the girl next to him.

 

“Good night” he spoke softly, tilting his head to the side to look at her face before turning of the lights.

 

Donghae yawn, “Good night, sleep well WookJae” she greeted back with her eyes still shut close.

 

Hyukjae chuckled weakly, “HyukJae” he corrected her again.

 

He saw Donghae nodded and smile before she speak again, “Right, Good night Hyukjae”

 

------------------------

[HYUYKJAE P.O.V]

 

I was in the middle of enjoying in my very own personal wonderland as the noise coming from my ever antique alarm clock had brought me back into reality, destroying the sceneries in my dream as every figure that was present there started getting all blurred and foggy.

 

I was still feeling lazy to open my eyes so I kept them close as I started feeling the coziness that envelops my surrounding, I can feel the warmth of the morning as the bright sunlight entering the room hovers over me. I don’t even have to open my eyes and look through the window to know that it was perfectly sunny outside.

 

I smiled knowing that the cheerful sunshine outside is a proof that the storm was finally over. It’s a good thing that the weather today seems to be fine unlike the previous days, it had rained non-stop. Thankfully the storm was finally over last night. Last night… I repeated inside my head. Last night… I repeated again, something happened last night and I can’t even bring myself in remembering what it was.

 

My eyes instantly popped open upon remembering what happened last night. I quickly raised myself up as I scanned the whole room with my eyes.

 

And there she is, sitting in front of the window looking straight up into the sky, her eyes were shut close due to the blinding sun. The funny thing is that she’s stretching wide open as if waiting for something out of the vast sky to fall into .

 

I found her last night soaking wet in the rain, everyone was in a hurry to get themselves out of the heavy rain. Some were running with their umbrellas and rain coats that they didn’t even notice her, while some cars were just passing by her not even caring to stop and give her some help. I pitied her.

 

When the rain started getting heavier and when it looks like no one’s going to give her the help she obviously needed, I approached her and offered her my help. Because the rain was getting heavier I decided to bring her home so she can change and probably after that I can have a much sensible talk with her.

 

I chuckled, “What are you doing?” and my voice obviously had startled her. She quickly composed herself as her cheeks turned scarlet and from the way I can point out was because she felt embarrassed that I caught her doing that.

 

“Anyway, what time did you wake up?” I asked,

 

Donghae shook her head, “I wasn’t able to sleep last night, I don’t know why but I can’t sleep though I really wanted to…” she answered.

 

I tilted my head to the side, don’t tell me she’s been awake for the whole night until now?  I thought. “Maybe you’re just feeling a bit homesick” I said, “Are you feeling hungry now? Well… you should be, you haven’t eaten anything last night.” I raised myself from the bed as I headed towards the washroom to wash my face.

 

“You are so caring, I’m very thankful for all your help. But I’m not sure if I can eat your foods here.” I heard her say.

 

“What is she trying to say, I know I’m not rich but my foods sure are bearable and have high qualities…” I said, talking solely to myself.

 

“Are you saying something?” she said loudly for me to hear in the washroom.

 

I stepped out of the washroom and saw that she was sitting on the floor in front of my small rectangular table, “Nothing,” I said as I headed towards the refrigerator.

 

“So what do you want to eat?” I asked while scanning the fridge for something nice to give her for breakfast.

 

I turned my head to look at her and I saw her looking outside the window, pouting as she stared at the morning sun.

 

“I want something warm,” I heard her mumbled.

 

I sighed, “I’ll cook some rice and soup then, but it will take a few minutes more.” I said as I closed the refrigerator and head to the stove.

 

--------

 

In the world where Donghae came from, they don’t have to eat anything unlike what humans need. The sun became their ultimate source of energy and food. It is the sun’s heat that feeds them, they never crave for something tangible to eat like human foods. And because their planet was too close to the sun, Donghae never encountered being hungry before.

 

------------

 

“Hyukjae, Hyukjae right?” she finally spoke after finishing her 10th bowl of rice. Seriously, I am beginning to ask myself if I need to cook another batch as she started scooping again from the rice cooker completely emptying it with rice.

 

 “ Yeah, yes that’s right. Hyukjae. You’ve said it right.” I answered, trying my best to smile at her though her appetite was really bothering me.

 

“I think the sun couldn’t feed me enough because it’s too far from this planet. Thank you for sharing me your food I’m sorry you have to share it with me.” She said, giving me an apologetic look.

 

I was about to knock some sense over her, to make her come to her senses and force her to talk properly with me because she doesn’t really make any sense with all the stuffs she was blabbering about when something strange happened to the lady in front of me. I froze in my seat as I saw her long black hair become shorter and shorter until it was just in the level of her nape. My eyes went as big as saucers as I saw the hump on her chest slowly flattening until her s were no longer visible from the shirt she’s wearing.

 

The beautiful girl sitting with me a while ago, having breakfast with me earlier was no longer here. I couldn’t believe what I just saw, did she just turned into a boy? Sitting right next to me is a boy , a beautiful looking boy with black hair cropped short.

 

“Oh!” he gasped,, “I’m back to normal, I’m a guy again.” then he looked at me, “I was really a guy, there’s just some abnormality that happened when I was being created. I turn into a girl when I get hungry, or upset.” He told me like it was just a normal or an ordinary thing for a human to hear or to know.

 

My eyes were still as wide as they were earlier, “What are you?” I started freaking out but he was still as calm as before.

 

“Me? I already told you last night. I’m Donghae.” he replied as he beamed a smile at me.

 

 

I could only shake my head as my mind went chaotic, ‘Oh God please help me…’

 

I was about to scream for help, but darkness had blurred my vision, and I don’t have any idea what happened next.

----

 

How Hyukjae wanted to scream and freak out, but due to the sudden shock he just received, he fainted even before he can do so.

 

 

----------------

 

[A/N] : So as you can see, the foreword is from Chapter2 XD

Please, please, please let me hear your thoughts about the story... so don't forget to leave your comments =D

 

I'll update this fic again once I'm done updating 'No Ordinary Love'

 

<3 < 3