What is Love

Love Letter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 40: What is love?

 

YoonA pov

It has been an interesting journey, but I think it is coming to an end. Luhan was in my heart in an unearthly way now, while I am sure I am in his heart in that same way to. There was no negative tension among us anymore; that chapter of our life together was over, and I firmly believed that with every flake of my tired body. Before, he would indeed tire me out with his mean words and actions, but today, he is one of the reasons I wake every morning. He offers me a warm shoulder to cry on and if I could, I would bid him the same in return. We are just happy together; I know all couples are supposed to have their ups and downs, but since we started off in a relationship as confrontational as it was, all we have been experiencing is joy. And let me be honest, there is surely a mutual attraction here, but before that, before the glamour and romance, we are best friends.

 

“You comfortable? It is heavy…” Luhan asked, extending his arm at me and trying to grab our heavy duffle bag.

Today, almost two weeks after Boas funeral, Luhan and I, along with some new and old friends are enjoying a nice day at a slightly secluded park.

I chuckled a little by his question. We see and talk to each other frequently, yet he still can’t get it in his head that I like to take care of myself.  “I can handle the bag myself. This woman is quite strong, besides, we all know why you are here; I’ve noticed Xiumin standing afar next to a gate with a soccer ball in his hand for about six minutes now. He is waiting for you to join him. Please do not worry for me and have some fun.”

 

“Are you sure, Yoona?” He asked back, slowly easing from my side to get a better look at Xiumin who was on the fields.

 

“Nae, I am sure. Besides, there is a surprise in the bag. Now go.” As I told him that, he put down his jacket, patted me on the forehead faintly, and launched his body towards the soccer field.

 

“Luhan sure has gotten common since you two started dating.” Sooyoong then blurted out randomly. “Are you still sleeping on Luhan’s couch at his apartment?”

 

“I moved out a week ago. We enjoyed the company, but two people of the opposite gender can only go so far living under the same roof. There were times were I felt conscious about it, primarily at night, so I moved out. We are not married or in that type of relationship so I deemed it inappropriate at the moment.”

 

“Ah, I see.” Sooyoong adds back. “Question though, maybe rude or not, but is he kind to you now?”

 

“Oh, very! He buys lunches for me as soon as he can. I know he seems kind of unemotional, but when it’s only the two of us, he is a big softy and quite intimate--which is actually one of the reasons why I decided to move out.”

 

“Eww, so gross.” Sooyoong cut me off to state. “What ever happened to Him Yoona, Yoona the prankster, Yoona the elementary schoolboy? You are all romantic now.”

 

 “It is not like that. I’m Yoona; I’m not going to change how I am for a boy. It is just…an involvement with him seems really good. I love Luhan…”

 

“That’s some deep stuff….”

 

“Hey, Sooyoong do me a favor? In a few minutes, lure Xiumin away from Luhan so I can eat with him alone.”

 

“Ummm, okay…I suppose I am on tour and I could have him be my tour guide…”

 

“Ha-ha, thank you Sooyoong.”

 

“No, thank you.”

 

“Oh?” 

----------

End of Yoona pov-

6:08 pm-

 

“Time sure passes by quickly when it is just the two of us.” Yoona said as she looked off at the sun, which began to set moments ago.

 

Yoona and Luhan were sitting under an umbrella on a hill. The lighting of the sky was piles of shades and colors, and the two could not help but be lost in the vastness of their indescribable view. The vista’s darkening space was scintillating faintly with colors of crimsons and purples; the clouds were broken into a million or more heaps of rounded entities that sprinkled about, mirroring slightly of the pigments that the atmosphere incased naturally by the sun. The view on the sunset was vivid, but the sudden seep of darkness cause by the suns absent left them lacking in vision of the other. Yet, they were not moved or swayed by it—rather than feeling concern, they were taken by the escaping light for it only tendered their heart further. Before now, before everyone else left, before they stood together, before the sun began to say goodnight, they did not think it was possible to become even fonder of each other. Their apparent

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter