Oh! Darling

Oh! Darling

Welcome to San De Larne cafe. 

 

A guy sitting alone, looking outside the window. The had been served, but he didn't touched it at all. A delicious cheese cake and a cup of warm mint tea. 

                                                                                                   

He's not there to eat, but to meet this beautiful girl. They didn't know each other, although he had been a regular customer since 5 months ago. He'll went to the cafe like everyday. If he didn't have time to, he'll try to make out something until he can go to the cafe. Sometimes when the girl smile, he'll blushed even those smile wasn't for him. Seeing her was enough for him. He's not brave enough to confess his feeling. Afraid of rejection, as he had experienced it. He's already 20 but didn't have girlfriend. Not because he is dull, nor because he is too picky. But because he need someone who truly love him for who he is, not for what he has.

He gazed his watch. "It's time to leave"

He took another sip of tea and leave the bill on the table. He glanced the girl for the last time, and leave.

 


 

The bell clinked, means a new customer. A good-looking guy stepped into the cafe and took the same seat as he always sit. And like yesterday, he ordered the same menu; chesse cake and warm mint tea. While waiting, he'll staring people outside the cafe. Some of them may think he's freak but he doesn't care about their opinion. They just judge him before know who is him. He doesn't want them to know him either. A minute later, the waitress delivered his order. He thanked her and continue looking outside the transparent window. 

He saw a girl around 4 years old holding hand with her mum. While her other hand holding a giant lollipop. Her mum was busy chatting with some friends. The girl saw him, and she smile.  He smile and waved.

"Excuse me." He heard someone greeted him. He looked up to see who is it. It's his crush. He surprised and quickly stood up from his seat. He suddenly get nervous.

"I baked some muffin and I would like to add it in our menu. Take one and tell me your opinion" she smile brightly as she always be. She showed him a box of muffin in her hand.

"Umm, I-" he tried to hid himself or the girl would found out he's blushing.

"Don't worry. You don't need to pay for it. Take it"

"I've got to go. Maybe next time, sorry". He walked immadietly to the counter and put the bill. Without waiting for the changes, he leave the cafe and never turning back.

She's confused. She looked down the table. The food didn't been touched at all. She's started to felt guility. 

"Is he mad at me? He can just say no if he doesn't want to..." she bit her lip.

 


 

After yesterday incident, he shouldn't went to the cafe but his legs like moving itself straight to the cafe. He can't missed to meet the girl's cute face.The girl wasn't  there, luckily. 

That day, he ate his order as soon as it's been served. He had to be home before it's rainy. After paying the bill, he ran out the cafe. As soon as he went out, the grey skies starts rainy. He ran to the bus stop beside the cafe. No one was there.

He exhale. "It looks like I've to stay here," he said to himself.

"Hey" he heard a familiar voice. As he turned, he gets nervous. It's the girl! 

"I'm sorry about yesterday. I'm sorry if I pushed you" she said, tried to get his gazed because he kept looking at the floor.

"It's okay" he said, after minutes of silence.

"What if...we walk home together?" she asked, she's holding an umbrella.

"Umm, sure..." he replied, scrathing his neck.

The awkward silence all along the walk was really painful.

"Oh! I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Yeon Ji"

"I'm Hyun Seong" he smile to the girl beside him and then looked away. He just didn't noticed that the girl was truly amazed by his smile.

"I always saw you came to the cafe, sit on the same seat, order the same menu and just looking outside the window. So I wonder, is our food really delicious until you came like everyday?"

He chuckles. I think I've found the other half of me.

She noticed that there's a gap between them and Hyunseong is getting wet. Rain drizzled  over his shoulder. She moved closer  to him but he moved to another side.

"Hey, come closer or you'll wet" she said and pulled his arm closer.

"Could you please hold this umbrella for a while?" He grabbed the umbrella and hel it as been told. He startled when Yeon Ji wrapped his neck with her knitted scarf. She don't know why she done that. She never done it with anyone before. Yeon Ji just acted what her heart told her to. She felt secure and safe whenever Hyunseong's around. She feel something called ecstatic.

"You might catch cold with those t-shirt" she said concernly and held the umbrella back. Both of them looked away. They don't want any eye contact or it'll be more awkward moment. She chuckles when Hyunseong failed to cover his  flustered red cheeks.

"What?" 

"Nothing. Hey, did anyone ever tell you are cute?" she said bluntly. Right at that time, all she wanna do is to pinch the man's cheeks beside her. But then, reminding they just started to talk each other. He just kept silence and sometimes smiling to himself. Sometimes, he felt something is attacking his heart because his heart pounding to death since they walked in the rain togather.

"So, you must've worked at the cafe for a long time, right?" Finally, another conversation by him. 

"Yup. I just thought of helping my aunt at her cafe" she answered.

"So, after this, I can get discount, huh?" he cracked a joke and she burst into laugh. "Anytime~". They continue to chatting until they reached Hyunseong's place. The rain drizzling lightly.

"Okay, Yeon Ji. Thanks for the walk. You totally make my day"

"You've a real big house" she amazed and studied the front of the house. Hyunseong noticed people in the house were peeping both of them. 

"Yeon Ji, I think you should leave now or...or your aunt would worry"

"You're right. I've to go and you're welcome. Bye" she smile and leave. He waved to her and right after then, the door opened. Five boys jumped to him.

"So, that's the girl,huh? Good taste!"

"Noona is really gorgeous! What's her name?"

"Do you get her phone number?"

"Tell me, is there any interesting things happened along the walk?"

"Who's scarf is this?"

He facepalmed. He forgot to return the scarf! He just walked inside the house without answering their questions.


Hyunseong was sitting on his bed. In his hand, there's the scarf that belong to Yeon Ji. He held it tightly. He's getting confused. Should he tell her that he love her? Will she happy with that? What is her first impression? What if he get rejected? He don't know how should he act. Not like Yeon Ji whom acted what her mind and heart toldher to.

"Hey" Donghyun greeted him and he automatically hide the scarf under his pillow. Donghyun walked to his bed and sat beside him. "You don't need to do that. I've saw it"

Hyunseong took out the scarf. "I would like to give some advice. Listen carefully for what your hyung would like to say" Donghyun jokes around but it failed to make Hyunseong laugh.

He continue, "Go on and talk to her. If you love someone, be brave enough to tell them, otherwise, be brave enough to watch them be loved by someone else"

"But what if she reject me? What am I supposed to do?" 

"It hurts to love someone an not to be loved in return, but what is the most painful is to love someone and never find the courage to let the person know" Donghyun rose from his seat.

"Wow, that's so poetic!" Hyunseong surprised. 

"I found 'em in the internet, of course. Anyway, I'm serious. Talk to her!" he  leave the room.


The cafe was packed and the waiters and waitress was very busy. She, Yeon Ji, doesn't aware that her life will change after all. 6 men entered. They're stunning and good looking. One of them was holding a bouquet of peonies. One of them with a guitar. They walked to Yeon Ji. She suddenly frozed. He passed the guitar to Hyunseong. 

"Uhm, hi. Today I'm gonna sing a song to the girl standing in front of me. It's gonna be awkward but bear with me" he said and the customers giggling.  Some of them took out their phone and starts recording them. He puts his left fingers to the frets and his right fingers to the strings, over the sound hole. He gives a tentative strum; the discordant jangle makes Yeon Ji wince. He sings 'My Lady' by Boyfriend, followed by the other 5 guys. They sang it gracefully until the end. The customers give a round of applause

Hyunseong passed the guitar to Jeongmin and Jeongmin gave him a bouquet of peonies. With the peonies, he walked to Yeon Ji. 

"Too many times I hesitate to say what's in my heart, because I have so much to say and I don't know where to start. And even one a day like this the best that I can do, is tell you words that can't measure the love I feel for you" he said, and shove the flowers to her. The bouquet content 11 real poenies and the other one is fake.

"I'll love you until the last peonie dies" he hand her the peonies. Yeon Ji hugged him and whispered, "I love you too"