Cold

Request

Author POV:

A suited man knocked on the door of the office before getting permission to enter. He bowed to the chair that was back-facing him.

"Boss, we have news of the child. She seems to be in China now." He reported before putting a folder on the desk.

"China?" The other man on the chair stated

"Yes, she seems to be with a young male, most likely an idol."

"Keep your eyes on her." the suited man nodded and exited the room.

 

Jei and Luhan had just landed back in Korea and were waiting for his luggage to appear on the conveyer belt. 

"Ne, we have landed safely." Jei spoke into her phone with Jongmin who would come pick them up with a few other security guards. Jei looked up and saw Jongmin waving before she hung up and slipped her phone into her back pocket. 

"Welcome back sunbae." Jongmin bowed and greeted the girl who nodded and fixed her shades. Luhan had grabbed his luggage and was ready to leave. They were escorted out of the airport which was flocked with fans who had came to welcome Luhan back to the country.

Luhan bowed and thanked his fans as he made his way out to the van that was waiting for him. As they exited the airport, Jei could feel the cold winds blowing against her, a fair difference in the temperature as compared to China which she welcomed. She was always a cold person, so she preferred colder temperatures.

They drove back to EXO's dorm and Luhan had begged Jei to follow him up and say hi to the other boys which she reluctantly agreed. Luhan was greeted by the other 11 members who seemed surprised to see Jei at their doorstep.

"Jei!" Chanyeol grinned, his gums showing as he was the first one to make his way to the door to greet the quiet girl. 

"Yah, I'm not invisible." Luhan scolded the younger male who had totally ignored his existence and only greeted Jei. His eyes brightened when Xiumin made his way to greet him.  "Of course only Xiumin loves me." He smiled as he gave Xiumin a brotherly hug.

"Come in." Suho invited Jei but she shook her head, saying she had errands to run.  "Aw come on, just for a while." Chanyeol said as he dragged her by the arm forcefully into their dorm. She sighed before taking a seat on the couch while looking around. She noticed their dorm was quite big, it seems to be a combination of two units and the wall in between had been broken down to fit all 12 of them.

It was quite neat for a bunch of guys if you disregard the amount of shoes in the doorway and a few clothes hanging around. Her eyes glanced out the balcony and noticed a bunch of boxers being hung out to dry, a small amused smirk on her lips as she looked at the various designs.

'Leopard print, Zebra print, rainbow coloured, oh I like that one.' She chuckled softly to herself when she noticed the one that was bright red in colour.

Kai's eyes had been following Jei and when he noticed her staring at something, his eyes automatically followed before widening in embarrassment. "Aish, Chen hyung!" He called out as he dashed to the balcony to grab all of their boxers. Chen, who was in charge of laundry that day, came out of the kitchen after hearing his name. 

"Mwo?" His eyes searched for Jongin before he realised the situation. 

"Oops. How would I know Jei would be here?" He said embarrassed while helping Kai keep their boxers. The other guys soon understood the situation and chuckled embarrassed. She felt the couch sink and turned to her right to see that Kris had taken a seat as well, a cup of coffee in his hand. Kris was a quiet guy who is usually in his own world. He nodded to Jei and sipped on his coffee while strolling through his phone.

Speaking of phones, Jei's went off and she pulled it out to answer it. "Hello?" 

"Where are you?" Samuel had called her.

"Out." 

"Okay, well Infinite is having a fanmeet later so you need to be there."

"Got it." She ended the call and stood up, getting the attention of the other boys in the room. 

"You need to go?" Baekhyun asked, seeming to understand her actions despite her silence and she nodded.

"Annyeong." Lay peeked his head out of the kitchen and waved to the girl who was putting her shoes back on. She waved back as she exited the house with Baekhyun who insisted on walking her to the lift although it wasn't far. "So who was that lady with you that day?" Baekhyun finally spoke his mind, he had been thinking about it ever since that day.

"Didn't she say it already? My omma." Jei spoke calmly as they waited for the lift to arrive. "But ommonim-" Baekhyun said but the ding of the lift broke his sentence as Jei stepped in. 

"Like I said, she's my omma." She spoke before the doors of the elevator closed.

 

"Jei-sshi, annyeong." Infinite's manager greeted her as she bowed to him when she walked into the salon where the boys were. The boys who were getting their make-up done turned around in their chair to greet the girl. 

"You're back!" Woohyun grinned at her in which she nodded. 

"Still quiet as ever." He added and Jei couldn't help but smirk slightly. 

"How could you leave us defenseless and go on a vacation!" Sungyeol exclaimed dramatically and Jei let out a soft chuckle as she folded her arms across her chest and leaned against the wall. 

"You survived didn't you?" She retorted with a playful smirk.

She had grown to be fond of the annoying guys, despite her cold demeanor, they still treated her like a friend which she was, honestly, grateful for. She was always cold to others hence her lack of social skills as well as friends. The people at the academy only looked up at her as a sunbae and no one dared to approach her other than Jongmin and a few others. She was deep in thought when she felt eyes on her so she lifted her own, only to meet the brown orbs of the visual.

Seeming to have caught her attention, L smiled slightly, as if saying it was good to have her back. Her eyes softened slightly before nodding a little in response. They were brought out of their staring when their manager announced that they would be heading out to the venue soon. 

The fanmeet was held at an auditorium but when they arrived, there were already a bunch of fans waiting outside to get a glimpse of their idols. Jei zipped up her leather jacket as she alighted the van she was in, getting ready to fight the mob. She swiftly made her way to Infinite's van as the door slid open, Sunggyu being the first one to step out, erupting screams from the crowd of girls.

"OLD GYU-AH!" Someone shouted, catching Sunggyu's attention as he sent a playful glare in the direction while Woohyun and Hoya snickered at their leader, causing more screams.

Jei tried to hide her chuckle at the nickname as she and the other guards escorted them inside where another group of fans were already seated and ready to meet their 'oppas.' Once the boys were safely seated on stage, Jei took her spot at the bottom of the steps, leaning against the walls of the auditorium in the shadows as she let her eyes scan the crowd of fangirls.

Her mind starting having thoughts of what it would be like if she was a normal teenager like the girls she was looking at. Would she also be chasing idols with her friends? She was brought out of her thoughts when someone spoke through the earpiece, signalling the start of the signing. She straightened her back before walking upstage and standing behind the boys, mainly L as the fans began piling on stage to get their albums signed and perhaps have a little interaction with their beloved biases.

Jei noticed L's table getting filled with gifts and stepped forward to help the staff whose hands were already filled with presents. She stood beside L and grabbed the bags and boxes of gifts off the table before walking turning around slightly to place them gently in the big box that was almost filled.

"I'm going to go get another box, so could you take over me first?" The staff requested and Jei could only nod before she jogged backstage. Jei turned back to the table to see it already stacked with even more gifts. 'He must be really popular.' She thought to herself before doing as she was told. 

"Omo Myungsoo Oppa, I'm your biggest fan! You're so handsome and talented omg please marry me. I would do anything for you Oppa, anything!" The fan standing in front of L declared as Jei turned back just in time to see the fan reach out and pull L by the wrist roughly before leaning down as if to kiss him.

Jei reacted quick enough by grabbing the fan's wrist with her left hand before using her right hand to hit the inside of her elbow, causing her arm to bend in pain and release her hold of L. Jei then pulled the fan's arm behind her back with a little force, but not enough to hurt her.

"Yah let me go! Oppa! Saranghae Oppa!" The fan continued to scream hysterically as she was escorted off the stage with all eyes on her. Jei turned back to the line of fans, her eyes daring them to try another stunt like that, causing the girls to gulp visibily while the guys tried to hold their smile back. The signing went on without much of a hitch, though Jei was sure she had gained a small circle of antis but she could care less. 

"Omo kamsahamnida." A fan thanked Jei after she had accidentally knocked her gift off the table from being too excited to be in front of her bias but Jei had reflexively saved it before it hit the ground. Jei nodded before placing the gift into the box behind the boys where all their gifts were held and sorted by member.

The boys ended the fanmeeting with a song before they were escorted back out to the van. They were going to have a guerrilla filming that night but that would be a few hours later so they drove back to their dorm to rest up while Jei excused herself to head on home first. 

Just as Jei was dozing off, her phone buzzed. Groaning as she patted her bed in search for her phone before finding it beside her pillow, she lifted it up to her face, squinting at the light coming off the screen.

To: Jei

Thanks for earlier.

-L

She read the message before replying.

To: L

No problem. Only doing my job.

-Jei

[This song is really nice, I've always loved K.Will and his songs.]

During her short stay in China, she had been exchanging texts with the visual of the group, though she always gave short replies, he didn't seem to mind and continued filling her in on Infinite's days. She wasn't sure how he got her number but she has her suspicions. She didn't seem bothered by his texts either and although she didn't want to admit it, she enjoyed talking to him. It was like she wasn't just a bodyguard, but a friend he could talk to comfortably.

Jei could be caught with a small smile on her face as she read L's replies, sometimes about how Sungyeol was being an annoying brat and Sungjong getting caught talking bad about Sunggyu behind his back or how Woohyun would excessively show his greasy aegyo which disgusted Sunggyu to no ends and Hoya crying secretly while watching Reply 1994 which he wasn't casted in as well as Dongwoo whose snores kept him up at night. She had to admit but she had become closer to the self-claimed cold city boy.

Jei was woken from her alarm as she got showered and dressed before cabbing to the venue where the boys would be filming. It was a night market and it seems some fans had already found out about the filming and have started swarming the area. She met up with Hyunsik who nodded at her.

Screams were heard which could only mean the boys had arrived which was true as a black van began pulling up along the curb. Her eyes scanned the area and noticed a fan standing dangerously on the road, near the division of the lanes as she stood beside the van, sighing to herself. 'The things these girls do.'

She immediately made her way over to the fan who still stood there oblivious to how dangerous it was and continued knocking on the windows of the van. She turned her head and noticed a car coming up fast, cursing to herself as she pushed through the crowd of girls.

"Watch out!" Jei shouted before throwing herself at the fan, wrapping her arms around the girl while using the impact of her body to push them out of the car's way.

L had been sitting at the window seat and noticed the fan who was knocking on the window where he was at. He waved slightly before realising that the girl was standing in the middle of the road where cars were still driving past. He motioned her to move off the road but she seemed to had misunderstood his actions and continued to grin and wave a the idol. He groaned frustrated.

"Move!" He said but his voiced was unheard from the other side of the glass. His words had caught the attention of the other boys in the van as they turned to see what was going on. "Omo that's very dangerous." Woohyun said as he looked out of the window at their fan. Their eyes widened when they saw a familiar brunette charging towards the fan outside the window.

"Jei!"

*HONK*

qrogmcilib7n19lqx1q9.jpg

The fan gasped as Jei hurled herself at the girl, both of them tumbling down on the rough gravel. The headlights of the cars was the last thing Jei saw before her world turned black.The fan had her eyes squeezed shut and only opened it when she felt her something soft below her. Jei laid there with her eyes closed and hair sprawled all over the road, body limp and blood oozing out of her brown hair. The fan let out a scream. It seemed as the car was passing them, the front of the car had hit Jei at the back of her head hard from how fast it was going so it was a pretty big impact on her head, knocking her out cold.

Cars around them stopped moving as seven boys jumped out of their van and ran towards the middle of the road with L being in the lead. He knelt down beside Jei's unconscious body as he shook her. "Jei, wake up. YAH KIM JEI!" He shouted as he lifted her head up only to feel something wet and sticky. He pulled a hand back and saw it covered in red. 


Finally and update heh I know I've been neglecting this story for really long but I'm back! Have been thinking about what to write and how to continue this fic but finally thought of something to write so here you gooo~ Anywayss happy belated birthday to our howonieeee! And I hope you like this chapter! Till next time byeongg! :)

P.S sorry if the pictures below don't relate to the chap. Its suppose to be a sad chap guys rmb that.

c60d2683ead340ef32986d6ae3653377.jpg0a14ce2237e69819a496340285d59196.jpg

tumblr_n2vbqpBcxB1r88hhfo1_400.giftumblr_n33xr3Lz3W1qeb8xzo4_500.gif

tumblr_n2dymf4qtu1ro4rnto3_250.giftumblr_n2dymf4qtu1ro4rnto5_250.gif

tumblr_n2wnrl9fkg1swwe57o1_500.giftumblr_n2wnrl9fkg1swwe57o2_500.gif :')

f671a467209959cd07385cf2ad3a4253.jpga4ab642b40e58b3c17a14ba26e7674f6.jpg