The Wedding Breaker

The Wedding Breaker

 

        Sigh. It's been a month since Nina had started working, and it has been a tough and challenging experience for her, unlike her career back when she had worked at the publishing company. She was always busy and on the run, and at times she would complain to herself about how tired she was. But then, what can she say? She's working in a multibillion company which deals with businesses all over the world. At least I know I'm not blindly feeding on my salary. Her first project with the company was the fashion summit, and she has been assisting both Tao and Kris with everything. Despite a last minute change in the plan, the fashion summit had ended well and she was proud to say that she had participated in such event. Just in this short period of time, Nina had witnessed and felt how it was like to be slaving in a glorious company like Wu Enterprise, and she began to look up to her boyfriend more.

        As the CEO of a very large company, his job was never easy. Being the one to arrange his schedules and such, Nina finally knew how busy the man was. He'd attend endless meetings from one place to another, handling businesses from all over the place, and yet he still manages to appear calm - always smiling when they are together. According to Baekhyun, he was never like that before and it's creeping the latter out. But she knew that he was secretly glad that Kris wasn't bitiching them on work anymore. And to think that I brought the change... Ah, so embarrassing! 

        Knock. Knock.

       Nina looked up to see Luhan standing by the door with a grin on his face. "You busy?" he asked and Nina smiled while shaking her head. "Good, I kinda need to see Kris but he's not in the office. Do you know where he is?" he asked as he steps inside, taking a seat on the visitor's chair near her desk.

        "Mr. Wu has a meeting at Loen Enterprise at the moment, Mr. Lu. He should be back by four," she informed him, glancing at the schedule on her laptop screen. 

        "I just need him to sign some documents," Luhan said as he raised a folder in his hand. "I can't wait for him though. I have a meeting to attend in half an hour and I have to get this document signed by today. Do you think you can pass this to him and have him sign it before six o'clock?" he asks and Nina nodded her head.

        "Sure, Mr. Lu. I'll have Mr. Wu sign this the moment he gets back," she assured him, reaching for the folder and placing it along the stack of files she needed to pass to the CEO. Luhan smiled, releasing a relief breath.

        "You are so formal, Nina-sshi. But whatever it is, you're doing a good job." Luhan praised her, causing her to blush. "Kris is so lucky to have you as his PA and girlfriend," he suddenly commented causing her to still for a moment before smiling bashfully. 

        "Thank you, Mr. Lu." Nina cleared and glanced at the file she was given. "Where shall I place the folder once it's signed?"

        Luhan snapped his fingers at this. "Right. Just place it on my desk. I'll be in the office tonight to deal with some few things."

        "Aigoo~ you work too hard, Mr. Lu."

        "Well, Wu Enterprise won't be a top enterprise if we didn't." he smirked and then got up. "Oh by the way, Chanyeol wanted to know if you're available for lunch. That guy is booking his grave by asking you out without Kris around." Luhan smirked teasingly.

        Nina blushed at this. "Uh... well, I guess. But then, why so sudden?" 

        "I don't know," the Chinese male shrugged, walking to the door. "But I guess he wants to talk to you or something. Just tell him your reply later. See ya, Ms. Kim." and he was gone.

        Nina leaned back in her chair, wondering what Chanyeol wanted to talk to her about and she knew the only way she could feed her curiousity is by accepting the invitation. So she texted Chanyeol and informed him about it, and the male told her to meet him at a restaurant a few blocks away and that he'll meet her there since he's currently out of the office.

 

 

        "You know... I, for one, am really glad that you 'appeared' at the wedding." Chanyeol suddenly said after a moment of silence. They were seated at a table for four after having finish their lunch, simply relaxing after their meal before they have to get back to the office. Just before, they had been talking about work related matters, and after being silent for a while, Chanyeol suprised the female by bringing up the wedding incident.

        Nina turned to him in confusion. "What do you mean?" she asked.

        "You changed him."

        "Who?"

        "Kris," the male said with a smile. "Eversince he kidnapped you, he... changed. Just like that." The male suddenly chuckled to himself and looked up at Nina in amusement. "Seriously, Nina. What did you do to that guy?" he asked, catching the other offguard.

        "I... I didn't do anything." Nina frowned.

        Chanyeol chuckled at her answer. "I can't believe you managed to change him just by not doing anything. Your presence itself must've changed him."

        Nina sat silently after hearing this. She was more than curious now. Everyone kept saying that she changed him. She didn't know much about Kris before their encounter, and she never thought about asking the man, thinking that it was a sensitive case. Chanyeol seemed to realise that she was lost in her own thoughts, and he knew what she was thinking about.

        "He used to change girls like as if they're clothes and he was always sleeping around with them," he suddenly said, causing Nina to turn her attention back to him. But the male kept his gaze elsewhere, knowing fully well that she was staring at him. "He's always using them as his one night stands. He was always angry too and we would always call him a cold, y dragon." Chanyeol sighed and eyed the coffee mug on the table, seemingly thinking before he spoke again. "Kris wasn't like that before. I knew him since middle school, and he wasn't like that."

        "Wha- Uhm, what changed him?" she asked softly as she eyed the bothered look on the male's feature. 

        Chanyeol threw her a short glance before looking out the window, staring at nothing in particular. He was silent for so long that Nina began to think that he was not willing to tell her the story, but he surprised her when he said, "Stella Evans."

        "What?"

        "Stella Evans." Chanyeol repeated and turned to her again. "Stella Evans, that's what happened."

        "What's Stella Evans?" Nina asked, confused until she realised that it was a name. Turning back to look at Chanyeol, she realised that the male had been staring at her. "Y-Yes?"

        He sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "I don't know if I should tell you this, but sooner or later you will have to know. And knowing Kris, it'll take him forever before he starts telling you this."

        "About what?" Nina dared herself to ask.

        "This happened during our college years. Kris and I studied at this university in the US, and that's where we met her; Stella. I didn't like her at first cause she's too... free-spirited. She socializes a lot and she has lots of friends. She was beautiful, I can give her that. But there was something else that made me not favour her, but I nevertheless made friends with her. But Kris fell for her after a while. So they went out after a few months of getting to know each other, but she was still the same."

        "The same?"

        "I told you that she socializes a lot, right?" Chanyeol asked and she nodded. "She's the type to party every weekend, clubbing, drinking and all that. Even when she started going out with Kris, she remained the same. Kris couldn't control her and the fact that he was totally into her didn't help. He just blindedly put his trust on her, and she abused it. She partied more, drank more and she was around guys more. Kris didn't like it. They fought a lot, but Stella knew her way and Kris ended up letting it go, only for it to happen again."

        The male sighed and leaned back in his seat, looking like he was very tired. Nina waited for him to continue and he took a moment before he opened his mouth again. "It got worse in time - no, she got worse. Kris and I caught her with a guy one day, and Kris was beyond pissed. He got into a fight with the guy, and almost beat the guy to death if I weren't there to stop him." Nina felt her breath hitch at this but Chanyeol didn't stop there. "Stella was pissed as hell. She was drunk so you can guess how bad things are then. They fought right in front of me, and that's where she revealed something that not only hurt Kris, but me."

        "Wha-what was it?"

        "She's been seeing lots of guys behind Kris's back, and she even brought them over to their shared apartment when Kris wasn't around. She told him that she fell out of love with him after a week together, but since he was willing to do everything for her, she didn't want to let him go." Chanyeol chuckled sadly at this. "Kris was so broken at that. What's worse was that she drunkenly admitted that she was pregnant with one of the bastards' baby, but even she didn't know whose does it belong to."

        Nina felt her heart torn at this. How could someone do such a thing? Kris... "Kris changed after that. He slept around, and he started drinking and partying when he feels like it. He shuts himself out and he was always angry then. He stopped when we returned though, cause Mrs Wu found out and cried. That er..." Chanyeol chuckled. "..no matter how cold he is, he has a soft spot for his mother. He quit drinking and going out partying, but that doesn't stop him from picking up one night stands. I couldn't do anything, even if I tried. In the end, I just let him be."

        Chanyeol's gaze then landed on her, taking her by surprise. "Then you changed him. The Kris you see today is the same one I saw before Stella Evans happened. You returned him and you have no idea how indepted I feel because of that. Kris is my best friend, and I hate seeing him so... broken. But you fixed him, and I owe you for life, Kim Nina."

 

 

        Kris got into bed with a content sigh and snuggled behind his girlfriend who was already settled in their bed, her back facing him. She turned around and smiled before snuggling closer and he instinctively pulled her closer to him. The two stayed in the pregnant silence for a moment before Kris decided to break it.

        "You're so quiet," he commented and Nina chuckled. 

        "Wouldn't it be weird if I'm suddenly so noisy when I never was, Kris Wu?" she asked.

        Kris smiled. "That would be weird, but you seemed... busy. Like as if you're thinking about something. So, a penny for your thoughts?"

        Nina stayed silent for a while and Kris grew worried. He knew something was wrong, but he couldn't get what it was. Just earlier that evening, the two had spent time together eating dinner at a restaurant before stopping at the Wu's recidence to visit his parents. The short stay turned out longer since they were both having fun catching up with the elders, and Kris recalled nothing had went wrong all those while. So, what's wrong with her?

        Meanwhile, Nina was debating whether she should let Kris know that she is aware of his past. She didn't know if he'll be okay with that piece of information since she had heard it from his best friend instead of himself. But Chanyeol had adviced her to tell him about her knowledge in order to avoid misunderstandings, and she agreed. After taking a moment to calm herself, Nina lifted her head to meet his questioning gaze.

        "I know everything, Kris."

 

 


I know I bored you guys to death in the previous chapter. Even I was bored. GAH what the hell was I thinking?! I'm such a failure! I'm so sorry to disappoint you minions. I hope this will make it up to the boredom I gave you. For now, I'm not asking for much. Just read, okay?

Mama's sorry~

T^T

p/s We're actually coming to the end of the story. It's been a remarkable journey, my minions. :')