The Wedding Breaker

The Wedding Breaker

 

        "So, you're the famous Kim Nina?" Mr. Wu chuckled, causing the girl to blush before bowing to her boyfriend's father. 

        "It's nice to meet you, sir."

        Mr. Wu chuckled once more, moving forward and placed a hand on her shoulder. "The pleasure is all mine, Nina-sshi. And please, don't call me sir." he told her with a kind smile.

        "That's right, Nina." Mrs. Wu chimed in. "Just earlier you addressed him as dad. Why are you suddenly shy?" she asked with a teasing smile.

        Kris laughed pleasantly at this. He's really liking the fact that his parent's are liking Nina. Wouldn't be so hard to tell them one day. He broke of his thoughts when Nina said, "Then you should just call me Nina, d-dad."

        Mr. Wu smiled and turned to his wife. "I like her." Nina smiled at this.

        "Anyways, Kris? I believe you owe us lunch," Mrs. Wu said as she turned to her son. She caught the confused look on her husband's features and chuckled. "Your son can cook, darling."

        "He can? Since when?"

        Kris groaned while Nina laughed. The male turned and playfully glared at her. "You're helping me in the kitchen, missy." he told her. 

        "I thought you can do everything yourself?" Nina asked, betting her eyelashes innocently at him. Kris smirked.

        "That doesn't work on me, Nina." Kris then turned to his parents and said, "Why don't you guys rest first while we prepare everything? We'll call you down once it's done."

        His mother nodded and grabbed her husband's arm. "Come sweetheart. Let's rest a bit and let the kids handle everything."

        Mr. Wu nodded and turned to his son, grinning playfully. "Don't burn the kitchen, Kris." 

        Another childish groan was heard while laughters erupt.

 

 

        Nina was smiling to herself as she chopped off the onions needed to make the spaghetti sauce. Kris was busy boiling the spaghetti itself when he turned and realised it. Smiling in amusement, Kris made his way towards her and snuck his arms her waist, causing her to jump in surprise. 

        "Omona, you scared me!" she breathed out as she placed a hand on her chest. Kris chuckled.

        "Why are you smiling?" he asked.

        Nina slightly tilted her head and smiled, reaching for the knife and continued cutting the onions into shredded pieces. "I'm just... happy," she replied which brought a wider smile onto her boyfriend's face.

        "Really?" he asked and kissed the side of her neck, making her squirm. "Yah, I have a knife in my hand. You're going to make me cut myself," she grumbled though she was feeling giddy inside.

        Kris hummed at this. "Don't worry, I'll be here to kiss the pain away." he whispered to her ear, causing a shiver to run down her spine. Nina turned her body around, landing her hands on his shoulders while his hands dropped to her waist. "You really are cheesy, aren't you?" she whispered and Kris smiled.

        "Only when I'm with you," he replied and Nina blushed at this. Still, she bravely stood on her tip toes to peck his lips, planning to keep it short, but Kris was having none of that. He pulled her waist closer, causing their bodies to collide softly together, and kissed her softly on the lips.

        Wrapping her arms around his neck, Nina pulled him closer - if that was even possible - and deepened the kiss. When they finally pulled away, they were both struggling to breath and her face was beautifully covered in crimson red. Kris chuckled softly at the sight and whispered, "I love you."

        Nina smiled. "I love you, too." she then looked up to meet his eyes and whispered, "Let's get back to cooking lunch, shall we?" she asks and Kris laughed.

        "Yeah, let's do that."

 

 

         Delicious! That was what Mrs. Wu thought as she chewed on the spaghetti his son has prepared for lunch. She turned to her husband who also had a surprised and satisfied look on his face before looking over at her son. Kris was seated at the end of the table across his father, smiling smugly at their expressions. He raised an arrogant brow at his mother when their eyes met and the elder lady rolled her eyes at him.

        "Well, I have to say that I am indeed surprised." The Chairman said once he swallowed, looking straight at his son. "This is delicious, Kris."

        "Told ya I can cook," Kris proudly said as he glanced at his girlfriend sitting on his right, causing her to roll her eyes and shake her head at his childishness. "I just don't do it often."

        "You should," his mother said, twirling her fork on her plate. Nina nodded her head in agreement, smiling softly as she chewed. This might just be better than mine. "You could save Nina the trouble from cooking all the time." Nina suddenly choked at her words and she coughed violently, causing the others to panic.

        Kris quickly stood up and rubbed her back before passing her a glass of water, letting her drink. Nina blushed when she saw that all eyes were on her. Smooth, Nina. Smooth. "Are you okay?" Kris asked and she nodded. "I'm fine." She recalled the thoughts she had in her mind upon hearing his mother's words and inwardly sighed. Is she hinting something?

        The young Wu took his seat again and looked over at Nina worriedly, but she smiled in assurance. Letting it go, Kris resumed eating and the whole table was silent for a moment. That is until Mr. Wu decides to break the silence. "Where are you working at, Nina?" he asked, making sure that Nina wasn't eating or drinking anything at the moment just in case she'll choke again.

        "Uh... I'm currently unemployed." she replied sheepishly.

        "She's going to have an interview at the company next week," Kris added. 

        "Oh?" Mr. Wu looks fairly interested at the news and turned his attention to the young female. "What post are you applying for?" he asks and Nina gulped.

        "PA, s- I mean, dad." 

        "Kris's?" Mrs. Wu chimed in, turning to her son.

        "Mine or Luhan's. But preferably, mine of course." Kris told her.

        Nina cleared at this. "It's not decided, of course. The company will decide on that, and Kris has no say in it, as promised." she told the elders, glancing at Kris to emphasize her words.

        "Oh, really?" Mr. Wu asked, turning to Kris. "Why is that?"

        "She insists that she be interviewed by others on her own effort." Kris told him and his father nodded his head before turning to Nina. "Smart move, my dear. I wish you all the best," he told her, making her smile. "I also look forward to have you under the Wu family." he added, and Nina wondered if he meant Wu Enterprise or something else.

        Kris sighed and nodded his head. "So, who wants dessert?"

 

 


Sorry for the long wait, my dear minions! Mama is sorry! Mama has been busy these last few days, and not to mentioned feeling a wee bit stressed. But no worries my dear, I'm okay. Just tired. Anyways, a short update for my dear darlings. I hope it's okay. It's not much but this is what I could give to you all for now. I hope you like it! I can't promise an update this weekend, but I will try my best. Okiess?? ^^

Comment. Upvote. Subscribe.

Mama loves you!

XOXO

♥♥♥