The Wedding Breaker

The Wedding Breaker

 

        Their unplanned first date did not just end there. After an hour or so sitting on the grass holding onto each other and talking, Kris brought her to a high place where they could watch the sunset. They exchanged numerous sweet kisses and held hands all the time, even when Kris was driving. Luckily it was an automatic car so Kris was able to drive with only one hand.

        Since Nina hardly had any appetite during lunch, she grew hungry quick and Kris took the opportunity to . She shyly pinked away but otherwise laughed and enjoyed their moments together. He then took her out for dinner and instead of taking her to some fancy restaurant, Kris took her to a small and cosy restaurant somewhere in Hongdae. 

        "Come, sit here." Kris said as she guide her to one of the secluded tables at the back. Their hands were tightly wrapped together and only when they reached their seats did they broke apart. They sat at the opposite of each other and Nina's eyes wandered around the cosy restaurant.

        "Have you been here before?" he asked and Nina shook her head. "I use to go down to Hongdae a few times a week with Chanyeol and we would come eat here every single time," he told her. Nina was a bit surprised at this info.

        "You guys went clubbing around here?" she asked and bit back an impressed smile when Kris made a face and shook his head.

        "I don't like going to stuffy places like that. It's suffocating and loud. Whenever I feel like drinking, we go to bars or just drink at the stores on sidewalks. Other times we just hang out at each other's apartment and have a drinking session amongst ourselves." Kris said.

        When an elder lady arrived at their table with utensils, they turned their attention to her and waited as she laid them all out. Then she turned to Kris and her eyes widened. "Kris-yah, when did you come?" she exclaimed, surprising Nina. She turned to her boyfriend and found him smiling softly at her.

        "Just did, halmeoni. I haven't been here in a while, have I?" he asked and the lady softly hit his shoulder. 

        "You brat. I haven't seen both you and Chanyeol for over a month now. Are you guys that busy?" she asked, sounding like as if she was scolding him.

        "Mianhaeyo, halmeoni. But we have been quite busy," he replied before turning to the confused Nina. The old lady too turned to her direction and her eyes widened once more. Kris chuckled and introduced them. "Halmeoni, meet Kim Nina, my girlfriend."

        "Girlfriend?" she asked, clearly taken by surprise. "Well, this is new. Hello dear, it's a pleasure to meet you." she said as she smiled softly at the young girl.

        "Nina, this is Mdm Song. She owns this place," Kris informed her and Nina smiled. "It's nice to meet you, Mdm Song."

        Mdm Song laughed at this. "Please, call me halmeoni like Kris here. Say, this is the first time he came with a girl - whatmore his girlfriend - so it's really exciting for me. Before, he used to drag that lovely happy virus Chanyeol with whenever he came. I've always wandered when will he introduce a girl to me like Chanyeol did. He even brought Sohee here a few times already," the old lady told her.

        Kris chuckled, feeling slightly embarrassed while Nina was truly enjoying herself. "We're kinda... new together," Kris shyly told her. He then decided to change the topic. "By the way, Chanyeol is going to be a father soon," he informed her and the old lady blinked in surprise.

        "Sohee is pregnant?" she clarified and Kris nodded. "Aigoo that boy, and he hasn't even married her yet. Still, he's being responsible, right?" she asked worriedly. When Kris nodded, she sighed in relief. "Good, good. When I see him I'm going to pull his ears." she mumbled, causing the two to laugh. "Anyways, are you going to have the usual? One portion?" 

        Kris nodded with a grin and Mdm Song laughed. "Eager, aren't we? Well, I'll be back with your order soon."

        When she left, Nina turned to Kris and raised her eyebrow. "The usual?" she asked. Kris nodded. "What's the usual?"

        "You'll see."

 

 

        The usuals turned out to be consisting of a portion of raw *Makchang, *jogaetang soup, two lunch boxes and sodas each. Nina's eyes widened at the sight of the white makchang and blinked curiously as Kris cuts them into smaller pieces with a pair of scissors and grilled them. She then took the initiative to pour the soup into smaller bowls and handed one to her boyfriend. Kris placed aside the *doenjang sauce and chopped scallions that came with the portion and encouraged her to try the soup.

        "Mmmm..." she smiled as the flavor lingered in .

        "Delicious, isn't it?" Kris smiled and continued grilling the makchang, occasionally stopping to sip on his own soup. He stopped when Nina offered to feed him the chopped scallions and he chuckled before eating them. Nina watched as Kris continued to cut the makchang into smaller pieces with a fond smile on her face, and Kris soon caught it. "What?" he asked, smiling himself.

        "N-Nothing," Nina blushed. "It's just that... I didn't think you'd go to this kind of places," she shyly admits to her thought.

        "It's fine. I know. A CEO like me should be attending a 5-star food and fancy wines and all that, but I never liked it. This kind of things are the ones I'm after." Kris told her, not knowing that his words just made her fall for him more. 

        "So you and Chanyeol-sshi would come here often?" she asked.

        "Yeah, but not lately. We've been kind of busy so we hardly even have time for ourselves."

        "Ohh..." Nina nodded in understanding. "Oh yeah, you said Chanyeol-sshi is going to be a dad. Is that true?"

          Kris nodded. "Apparently Sohee is pregnant and he panicked. But he's okay now."

        "You two are best friends, right?" Kris nodded. "Since?"

        Kris frowned as he tried to recall the past. "Since middle school, I think. It's been a long time that I tend to forget myself. Especially when we're both tall for our age that time so I'm not really sure. All I can say for sure is that I didn't like him at all before. He's too loud and annoying, and he was always smiling like a creep."

        "I hope you're not talking about me," came a voice and they both turned to see the happy virus with a girl on his side. He chuckled when Kris smirked and came forward to bump fists with his best friend. "You rascal," he jokingly said as he tried to pull him into a headlock but Kris was fast to avoid it.

        Nina smiled at the sight but was distracted when the woman that came with Chanyeol stood by her side with a smile on her face. "They're always like this," she muttered and Nina chuckled.

        "It's nice though," she commented.

        The other nodded. "True. I'm Sohee, Chanyeol's girlfriend." she introduced herself.

        "I'm Nina, Kris's girlfriend."

        "Girlfriend?" Chanyeol interrupted them. He had Kris's head locked under his arms with a confused look on his face. "But I thought..." he then smiled slyly when Nina blushed and released Kris only to punch him on the shoulder. "Dude, you finally made your move."

        ", Chanyeol. That hurts man." Kris hissed and glared at the other male. Chanyeol laughed and turned back to Nina. "Congratulations, Nina-sshi. I have to say, you are one incredible lady. Well, after my girlfriend of course."

        Nina chuckled and bowed her head. "Thank you?" she said then gestured for them to sit them. "Join us..."

        "It's fine," Sohee declined. "We don't want to interrupt."

        "It's fine, Sohee." Kris stepped in. "Besides, we've got a lot of catching up to do."

 

 

 

Makchang - consists of grilled pork large intestines similar to chitterlings, but often grilled over coals. The small intestines are often called gopchang.

Jogaetang soup - clam soup 

Doenjang - a traditional Korean fermented soybean paste


HI MINIONS, MAMA'S BACCCCKKKKKKK!!!!

I MISS YOU GUYS SO MUCH! You guys won't believe how hard it was for me to hold back from updating TWB. T^T But tears aside cause MAMA'S BACK~ *smirks* Anyways, how are you minions? Everybody good? Did you miss mama? Mama misses you all... Since tomorrow's a Good Friday and I am now done with my exam and assignment, I am happy to announce that I will be updating from time to time again. Yayyy or nayyyy? lol. 

I hope you guys enjoy this much anticipated update. It might be boring though, but then again... interesting things doesn't come into our lives every single day. Hehehe.... Anyways, chat with me a bit here. Too bad AFF has no chatting corner or something for authors and readers to like indulge themselves in. Like FB. Did you babies watch EXO's Japan Greeting Party? Oh, and their concert teaser? Pergh... *cries fat ugly tears* Mama wants to go... Huhu. T^T AND WHERE IS OVERDOSE MV??? OMG I'M DYING FOR IT! lol don't we all. But I guess I can wait a while. We need to respect them after such accident happened. First MH370, and now the ferry. Hmm...

#prayforsouthkorea #prayforMH370

Comment. Upvote. Subscribe.

Love you lots, minions 

 

 

Let's cry together... *sobs*