The Wedding Breaker

The Wedding Breaker

 

        When Kris returned to the office, he was met with more piles of folders waiting for him on his desk. With a deep sigh, he sat down on his swivel chair and frowned hard like as if they will disappear the longer he stares at them. Finding his own behaviour foolish, Kris ended up whipping his phone out of his pockets and absentmindedly scrolled through the phone. He browsed all the schedules Baekhyun had sent him and occasionally let out a sigh. His phone then beeped, indicating an incoming message. It read,

 

I've already scheduled next week, Tuesday 9AM, for Hana-sshi. 

From your love, Baekhyun :P  2:30 pm

 

        Kris wrinkled his nose at this and turned to the calender on his table, nodding to himself before thanking his PA. He fiddled with the phone for a little while before opting to type a message and sending it. At least I won't have to immediately deal with these files.

 

Do you still recall my offer from the other night?   2:40 pm

 

        After a while, his phone beeped and Kris immediately opened it.

 

Very well, actually. :)   2:42 pm

 

        Kris smiled at the reply. He had given Nina back her phone when she had returned to his side - ahem - and she was ecstatic! She seemed like a child receiving presents from Santa as she held onto the small piece of device, causing Kris to smile amusely at the sight. However, it was his turn to be truly ecstatic when Nina asked for his phone and quickly typed in her number in the device, and she then gave a quick missed call to her own phone so she could have his. She beamed like a child at his confused expression and said, "So you can easily contact me later." And Kris could only hide the excitement to himself since then.

 

Well, what do you say? I have to say you're lucky to be receiving

an invite for a job application from Wu Prime.   2:43 pm

 

Cocky, aren't we? But yes, I'd like to accept it. When's the interview?   2:43 pm
 

        Kris smiled happily at this.

 

Tuesday, 9AM. Think you can manage?   2:44 pm

 

Absolutely! ♥♥   2:45 pm

 

        At this point, there was no way of hiding the smile on his face any longer. The emoticon in her message reply made his heart beat like crazy and the smile on his face seemed to reach his ears. Unable to hide his emotions, Kris leaned back in his chair with a happy grin and sighed in contentment. 

        God I love you...

 

 

        With the cool breeze blowing onto her face, Nina smiled as she relaxed back in her chair. Breathing in the fresh air calmed all her aching muscles and relaxed her jumbled mind. Just a while ago, she had been texting Kris and she had found herself getting excited like a teenager in love upon seeing it. In the end, she realised she had sent the love emoticons to the male and grew panicked. She was so excited that she failed to realise that she had added those emoticons and when Kris didn't reply, she didn't know what to think.

        Thankfully, the fresh air outside easily helps her calm her mind and that's where she had been sitting for almost half an hour. The beach was quiet today, only the sound of birds flying above and the waves crashing against the rocks reaching her ears. Even the house was quiet since Mrs. Wu had left earlier in the morning to meet up with some friends. She had invited Nina along but she refused.

        Sitting outside with the wind blowing in her face made her sleepy and she was about to give in when her phone rang. Frowning, she reached for her phone and answered it without bothering to check the caller's ID.

        "Hello?" she lazily answered.

        "Nina?"

        She immediately froze in her seat upon hearing that voice.