The Wedding Breaker

The Wedding Breaker

 

      Knock. Knock.

        "Come in!" Kris said aloud, eyes never leaving the paper he was reading. It was an important proposal from Wu Prime's London branch that was sent from the Chairman, his father, that needed his reviewing and signature. He heard the door open and shuffles of feet coming into his room before they stopped in front of his desk.

        "You called for me?" came Chanyeol's voice and Kris briefly looked up and pointed to the chair in front of him, signalling for the tall male to take a seat. Chanyeol did what he was told with a tired sigh and the elder looked up at him again. "Tired?" he asked.

        "Yeah," the other replied. "But it has nothing to do with work though, so no worries."

        Kris frowned, finding himself curious at Chanyeol's answer. Putting down the paper and pen he was holding, he leaned back in his chair and crossed his legs, his arms resting on the sides of the swivel chair. "What do you mean?" He was met with another sigh from his best friend. "What's up, Chanyeol? Everything going well with Sohee?"

        At the mention of his girlfriend, Chanyeol shut his eyes and slowly nodded, letting out another heavy breath. "It's fine, but then..." he opened his eyes and ran his fingers through his hair in frustration. Kris saw a flash of worry and fear in the other's eyes and immediately grew worried, forgetting the real reason why he had called Chanyeol in. "Chany-"

        "She's pregnant."

        That shut him up. "We just found out last night. She was vomitting violently and I brought her to the clinic. I expected something like food poisoning o-or stomach cramp and , but BOOM! She's pregnant! The bomb just dropped and I don't know what to feel. This is... this is all too sudden, Kris. I don't know what to do," he continued. The usual bright and happy Chanyeol he knew was gone, and was replaced with a worried, scared and frustrated male instead.

        Kris didn't like it one bit.

        "Calm down, Yeol. Take a deep breath." When Chanyeol did what he was told, Kris sighed and leaned forward. "Yeol, I know you must be scared right now."

        "Scared? I'm petrified!" Chanyeol exclaimed alarmly. When Kris gave him a pointed look, he looked down and leaned back in his chair. "Look Yeol, I can't blame you for feeling scared. I mean you're having a baby, for heaven's sake!"

        "That's not helping, Kris."

        "My point being is that did you think from Sohee's point of view? Don't you think she's petrified too?" Kris asked and Chanyeol began to wonder. "Dude, sure you're about to be a father, but she's carrying the child. She needs all the support, love and attention in the world for that. And who's better to provide her all that than you?" the elder continued softly, letting his troubled best friend absorbed his words. "Also, did you guys talk about it after receiving the result?"

        Chanyeol shook his head. "We were both taken aback by the news. She didn't say a word eversince we left the clinic, and I just didn't know what to say to her."

        "So you don't want the baby?" Kris suddenly asked, taking Chanyeol by surprise.

        "What?"

        "I mean by the looks of it, none of you are happy with the news. If you don't want the fetus, I can always help you find a good doctor to help with the abortion and-"

        "Abortion?!" Chanyeol shouted, shooting up from his seat. "Why would I want to abort the baby? That's my son in there."

        Kris smiled. "Exactly."

        The anger disappeared from his face and Chanyeol sat back down, confused. "What-"

        "Chanyeol, you're a bit slow in grasping the situation. You're taken aback by surprise with the news that you went speechless, and Sohee must've took your behaviour the wrong way. She must've thought you didn't want the baby and went quiet. She's disappointed and scared, Yeol. And with her silence, you became totally blank."

        Chanyeol was still trying to process what Kris was saying when the male got up and rounded the table to his side before pulling him up. He blinked when his best friend pulled him into a comforting hug and patted his back. "Congratulations, man. You're going to be a dad."

        And cue the tears Chanyeol never knew he was holding.

 

 

        "So Chanyeol's going to be a dad," Baekhyun mumbled, still finding the news hard to believe.

        "Who would've thought the happy virus would beat us in parenthood?" Minseok added with a soft chuckle. He then continued to stuff his mouth with his lunch, earning a disapproving look from Kris.

        "So what's next? Do I hear a wedding bell?" Luhan asked, placing down his chopsticks. "I mean, that's the only thing missing now. Baby Park is already on his way, yet his mom is still not a Park."

        Tao nodded. "Possibly. But let's let Chanyeol hyung decide that, Lu-ge."

        "Yeah, and I hope when it happens, nothing.... dramatic would occur," Baekhyun smirked knowingly, causing Kris to avert his glare at him but the male simply laughed.

        "Talking about that, how's Nina-sshi?" Luhan asked, turning his attention to Kris.

        The male sighed. "Alive."

        "Alive? That's it?" Minseok scoffed. "Nothing new? No progress?"

        No way in hell I'm telling you anything, you nosy baozi.

        "Tao, any progress?" Minseok opted to ask the younger instead. He was met with a shrug by the panda and sighed. Tao grinned and said, "I haven't been to the beach house lately. I've been busy preparing for the fashion summit."

        "Oh yeah, you're no longer Kris's loyal puppy." Baekhyun stated. "I forgot." 

        Tao glared at him hard. Just a few days ago, Tao was appointed as the team manager for the fashion department and being the type to know a lot about fashion, it wasn't difficult for him to adapt to his new job. His first task was to organize Wu Enterprise's Spring Fashion Summit, and the male had been ecstatic about it.

        "Are you seriously not going to do anything about it?" Luhan asked, ignoring Baekhyun and Tao bickering beside him. Kris sighed and tried to ignore him but Luhan, being the persistent one, grabbed his chopsticks and placed it on the table. "Come on, man. We haven't talked in a while. After you recover from your fever, we were immediately busy with the upcoming fashion summit and we haven't even sat down to talk about ," he whined.

        Kris sighed in defeat and turned to the male. "What is it, Luhan?" he asked.

        "Any new progress with her?" Luhan asked eagerly.

        "I don't know." Kris lied. We kissed a few times, but you don't need to know that you brat. 

        "You're no fun!" Luhan pouted cutely at him.

        Being a er for cuteness, Kris groaned and reluctantly opened his mouth. "I'm thinking of having a team interview her soon."

        All heads turned to him in surprise. "Interview?" Baekhyun asked. "For what?"

        "Well..." Kris awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck and cleared his throat. "I wanted her as my PA. No offence, Baek." he quickly added upon turning to his current PA.

        Baekhyun shrugged casually. "Only if you tell me where you plan on putting me."

        "I was thinking of letting Luhan have you as his PA since he's been needing one for a while now." Kris said and turned to Luhan. "You do still need a PA right?"

        Luhan nodded. "Yeah. Work's been crazy, man. I need help! Though I prefer it if I have Nina-sshi helping me," he said, teasing the other.

        Kris growled lowly in throat. "Over my dead body." he said.

        "Ooh... possessive." Minseok smirked and turned to Luhan. "You should really hire her as yours."

        "And have Kris kill me? No thanks. I'll pass," the deer eyed male said and turned to Kris. "When are you planning to bring her in?"

        Kris thought about it for a while before turning back to him. "I'm thinking by next week. She hasn't said that she agreed with my suggestion, but nevertheless I want a team prepared just in case she agrees." The male tapped his fingers on the table rhythmically as he continued to think and the others simply stayed quiet. "I'll have Chanyeol prepare a team since he's in charge of the HR department, and if any of you..." he pointed to Luhan and Tao, "feels like joining him, be my guest. I will only be approving her if you do and continue to monitor her work later."

        Luhan and Tao nodded their heads in understanding. Baekhyun turned to Kris and called out for him. "When should I start with Luhan?" he asked.

        "Right now, you're still my PA but you're obliged to be helping Luhan too. Since I'll mostly be working with Tao for the fashion summit, I won't be bothering you much." He then turned to Luhan and said, "Make sure you get the best technologies for this summit. We need to win against H&M this year."

        "And bring in our fourth consecutive win," Luhan added with a nod. "Cool."

        "Good." Kris said and glanced at his watch. "Lunch time's almost over, boys. Time to get back to work."

 

 


Some KrisYeol moments that I'd like to share. Urgh my KrisYeol feels!

    

    

Why so cute you two?? Hahahaha...

 

Anyways...

HAPPY 2ND ANNIVERSARY TO EXO!!! I know I haven't been you guys from the start but I promise to be with you till the end. Continue to shine the stage with your dorkiness, talents, amazingly good looks and superpowers. I love you guys so much! EXO, saranghaja! ^_^

#2yearswithEXO 

 

and Kris, welcome to Instagram. LOL

"Welcome to galaxy" - galaxy_fanfan

 

Comment. Upvote. Subcribe.

Make mama smile minions XD