The Wedding Breaker

The Wedding Breaker

 

        "So you're telling me that Kris is using her to lie to his mother just to cover up what he did?" Minseok asked for confirmation once his dongsaengs finished filling him in with all the details. The others nodded while Tao shook his head. Since he was always with Kris, he knew more about whatever deal's happening between Kris and Nina so Minseok turned to him and waited for him to speak.

        "Well, basically that is it. But it's kinda like protecting her at the same time," the panda said before sipping his coffee. "Of course, that wasn't his first intention but I didn't protest it when I heard it cause I know, that way Nina won't have to face the wrath of his mother."

        "True. Mrs. Wu is really scary when she's angry." Baekhyun agreed and shuddered dramatically.

        Originally, Minseok had planned to get all the juicy details the moment he stepped out of Kris's beach house yesterday but he was needed at the hospital, causing him to drop both his plan to interrogate Tao and cancel his appointment. At the same time, Tao was needed by Chanyeol at the company so the younger used the chance to escape. However, Minseok appeared at his front door the next morning and he dragged the poor panda to a nearby restaurant for breakfast - but of course Tao did not come unprepared. He brought out Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Luhan along in order to back him up and also fill them in with whatever details they had missed before.

        "Hey Tao?" Luhan called and the younger raised an eyebrow at him. "Didn't you say Kris was sick? How bad is he?" 

        Tao sighed. "Dunno. Ask the doctor here. He dragged me away the moment I arrived with Nina."

        "So it's safe to assume that she's taking care of him now?" Chanyeol asked with a smirk.

        Luhan snickered. "Oh he'll be healthy again in no time, that I can assure you." The doe-eyed male exchanged high fives with Chanyeol while Baekhyun scoffed in agreement. Minseok could only shake his head at their behaviours while Tao sighed. Kris-ge is gonna kill me if he finds out.

        "I still don't get something though," the young doctor suddenly pointed out. "Is Kris simply using her or what?"

        "Or what," Baekhyun replied. "He's in love with her."

        "Seriously??" 

        "Yup."

        "Definitely." Chanyeol and Luhan said in unison. Even Tao was nodding.

        "Wow," the elder smirked. "That's... new."

        "It's weird to be honest." Tao said with a shrug. "But it's kinda nice. He's changed."

         Luhan nodded. "Not much, but it's there."

        "He's head over heels on Nina-sshi, that I can say." Chanyeol added. "I've been friends with him since elementary school and this is the first time I've ever seen him so..."

        "Different?" Baekhyun pointed out.

        "Yeah," his cousin nodded. "I guess you can say that."

        "It's a good thing though, right?" Minseok asked, causing Luhan to roll his eyes at him. Minseok scowled at this. "Yah, don't you do that to me. It's not my fault no one bothered to tell me what the hell's going on now, is it?"

        "Well, if you aren't always busy, we could've meet up and let you know hyung." Chanyeol said.

        "Again! It's not my fault that I have patients depending on me to get healthy!" the doctor was fuming now after being teased endlessly by his dongsaengs. They would always by blaming him, using his career as an excuse, whenever they couldn't meet up with him like usual. The others laughed at this and Tao hugged him to calm him down.

        When the laughter finally died down, Baekhyun settled back in his chair and scoffed as a thought ran through his mind. "So basically now we can say that Kris has a girlfriend, right?"

        "You bet he does."

 

 

        Nina nestled deeper under the mattress, sighing in contentment at the feeling of the duvet surrounding her body. She breathed in the muscular and sweet scent of the fabric, furrowing her eyebrows when she realised that her bedroom never smelled of something like this. It was alluring and addictive to her. Her eyes were still closed and she was reluctant to open them even though her mind was fully awake by now. She could feel the heat coming in from the windows, indicating that it was already morning and she squirmed slightly. Soon, the softness of the duvet and the alluring smell registered in her mind and she abruptly opened her eyes. The first thing she saw was the unfamiliar ceiling over her head. Frowning, she turned her head to look around the room and realised that she was not in any room she knew. But wait a minute... This looks like-

        Realisation hits her and she turned to the side and widened her eyes upon meeting a dark, brown orbs staring into hers. She scrambled to sit up and tried to say something but her words got stuck in . I slept in Kris's room. No! I slept on his bed! Turning back to him, Nina tried to say something again but blushed instead when Kris sat up and threw her a soft smile. Oh God that smile... 

        "Good morning," he greeted her, sounding better than he did last night.

        Her heartbeat escalated and she struggled to keep herself composed. However she couldn't stop the blush from appearing at her cheeks so she removed her gaze and swallowed nervously. "G-Good m-morning," she stuttered. She cleared and tried to get up from the bed but Kris held her in place but grabbing her wrist. That's twice already.

        "Can I ask you something?" he asked, his voice soft and slightly above whisper. It was beautiful and somewhat y to her ears and she inwardly slapped herself for thinking such things. Not trusting her own voice, she managed a nod and waited for him to talk. A minute passed but Kris was still silent so Nina dared to look up - only to look down again with a red crimson face. Why is he staring at me? Oh my God, and I just woke up! I must look like a mess right now! Nina suddenly felt desperate to escape from the bed at least to wash her face but froze when Kris lifted her chin to look into her eyes. "Beautiful..." he whispered.

        If it was possible, Nina's face got redder by the compliment and she struggled harder to compose herself in order not to embarrass herself in front of him. But it was difficult considering that Kris had her face in place - and staring at her didn't help too - and her heart was beating so fast that she could feel it hammer strongly in her chest. Calm down, heart. What is wrong with you?

        "Nina..." She looked up and frowned when she saw the different emotions swimming in his eyes: anxiety, worry and fear. She waited for him to speak again and when he did, it broke her heart. "Why are you here?"

        "D-Didn't you want me here?" she asked, not bothering to hide the disappointment in her voice.

        Kris's eyes widened at this and he shook his head. "No, that's not what I meant." he quickly spoke. Damn it, Kris. Smooth, man. Real smooth. "I just- I don't know what to expect with you being here." Gulp. "What I'm trying to ask is, are you... staying?"

        Nina pondered on his question before eventually letting out a soft smile, causing his feelings to rile up in his chest and he had to control himself in order not to do anything stupid. "I did leave for home, Kris. A place I've wanted to go to ever since you kept me here." Kris looked down onto the mattress, listening to the faint shatter of glass breaking in his chest. "-but I came back..." Two pairs of eyes met and their hearts seemed to beat together as one at the moment.

        "I like your mother, Kris. And I know it's not fair that we're lying to her about all this, but I guess it's what I can do to repay for  my mistakes. What I did to you, I mean."

        Oh... Kris tried not to show his disappointment and nodded at the female. "So I guess you're staying till she leaves?"

        "I guess so."

        "What if she stays longer?" he tried his luck.

        "Then I'll still be here," Nina replied.

        "But what if... she leaves next week? Or tomorrow?"

        Nina couldn't find any answers for that.

 

 


Heh. Another update!! Geeeeezzzz I spoil you guys too much. But I guess it's fair since you spoil me with all those awesome feedbacks. Ngeeeee~~ Thank you my dear minions! Muahxx <3

I was in class when I suddenly thought of what to write in the next update. I quickly typed everything down and only had time to fix it up a bit when I get home. And now, voala! It's here, minions! Enjoyyyyyy~~!!!!

Comment. Upvote. Subscribe.

See you in the next update my minions~ ^^