The Wedding Breaker

The Wedding Breaker

       

        Kris sat on the armchair in his room, seemingly deep in thought. His mind was racing, thinking about everything that has happened for the past few weeks. More importantly, the change he personally felt ever since he 'kidnapped' her. And the change made him confused. So, so confused. He used to be an angry, arrogant person and he doesn't care about other people's feelings except for his mother's. He didn't even care about himself! But now he hardly threw tantrums even when his friends made fun of him. Before, they didn't even dare to do more than throwing occasional sarcastic remarks and made sure he was never angry cause an angry Kris is a . Luhan and Chanyeol used to be the only ones who are willing to risk their lives just to have their fun upon seeing an angry dragon.

        Seeing her tears and the way she had shivered in fear at his presence, Kris felt bad for Nina. All he wanted to do after that was comfort her. In the past, he hated seeing girls who cried and showed their weaknesses at his presence. But with Nina, he wanted to be the one to wipe her tears and comfort her, and her weaknesses made him want to protect her so much. These past few weeks had made Kris realise something - he is in love with Nina and he had grown tired of denying it. Watching her step out of his beach house with her luggage before disappearing inside the car Tao was driving caused pain in his chest, but he wasn't gonna stop her.

        He promised.

        Even when he didn't know when he'll see her next, he still stepped aside and let her leave.

        Kris sighed and closed his eyes when he felt his head throbbing. He took his time controlling his feelings in the dark and quiet room, mind still wandering far away with a certain girl lingering in it. He felt at peace as the silence engulfed him completely, and seeing her smiling face in his head caused him to smile to himself. She might not be around, but Kris has her in his memories and he was content with it.

 

 

        Mrs. Wu walked into her son's kitchen and smiled to herself when she saw his son standing near the glass door facing the beach behind his house. She had been looking for him in his room where he had been hiding the whole morning since Nina left. He had a calm look on his face and his eyes seemed to hold so much expression. She had never seen her son this way and she loved every moment of it. After a few minutes just standing at the kitchen doorway unnoticed, Mrs. Wu decided to approach her son who finally turned upon hearing her footsteps.

        "It's only been a few hours and you're already missing her?" she teased as she slowly approached him.

        Kris smiled. "I guess so." It's the truth. I do miss her.

        "I never thought I'd live to see this day," she chuckled as she came to stand next to her son's tall figure. Kris turned his head to her direction and frowned.

        "What do you mean, mom?" he asked.

        "I'm talking about you, son." she replied with a smile. 

        "What about me?"

        "You're smiling so much this last few days. Or maybe weeks ever since she came into your life." She then turned to completely face her son and smiled gently. "Aren't I right?" She chuckled when she saw a tint of red at her son's cheeks and continued, "You know, I was really worried after the wedding. Actually I'm always worried when it comes to you but I was at my wit's end after what happened."

        This caught Kris's attention. He turned to her and a frown appeared on his handsome face. He waited until she continued. "I know I forced you to marry Yuri and I feel sorry that this happened. I know it must've been her who had planned it all since she didn't want to marry you at the first place. It only made sense since the woman who appeared never came forward to claim her rights as the one carrying your child."

        "Mom-"

        "Let me finish. After what happened the last time, I just wanted you happy, Kris. You know that right? Yuri was a great girl, but I guess she wasn't the one I can rely on to make you live again. You've changed so much, son. You were no longer that sweet, caring, handsome boy I gave birth to. You, who never raised your voice at your parents, did so many times, and you were just... lost. I lost you. It hurts to see you running around with an angry gaze everytime, and knowing you spend every night with different girls, never being serious with any of them - it hurts me, Kris. And I had hoped that that marriage would change you."

        "But I was wrong..." Kris looked up from the ground where he had been letting his gaze fall on to stare at his mother in confusion, only to receive a warm smile and teary gaze. "It has only been three days since I've stayed over, and I've been seeing you do things I've only dreamt you'd do. You were smiling, sometimes laughing, and you even came home even though it was late at night. And I know, it's because of her. It's Nina... she changed you. She returned my son to me." Mrs. Wu said and sniffled, slightly tearing up due to the overwhelming emotions she had in her.

        Kris took a step forward and wrapped his arms around his mother, making her sob louder. She had missed the warmth her son used to bring when he hugged her, and she had not felt them ever since he had returned from abroad. But the warmth was back; she can feel them as Kris tightened his hold on her. Her son had returned. And she has Nina to thank for that.

        "I'm sorry, Mom." Kris whispered, kissing the top of her head with love.

        Mrs. Wu sniffled and lifted her face from his chest. "I love you, son."

        "I love you too, mom."

        Silence engulfed the two of them as Kris slowly rocked them side to side. Many years ago, it was Mrs. Wu who had held onto him as he hugged her and she would rock their bodies side to side in silence, enjoying their mother and son time. But now, it was the opposite of it and she silently cried in her heart at the fact. 

        "Kris honey?"

        "Hmmm?"

        "It hasn't been long since you've been with Nina, right?" she suddenly asked, causing Kris to slightly lean back to look down at her face. She was waiting for his answer, and Kris heaved a sigh as he nodded, placing his chin on top of her head again."Hmmm... but I can see that you love her very much. Aren't I right?"

         Silence engulfed them once again. Mrs. Wu had closed her eyes, enjoying the warmth of her son while Kris let his mind wander far. Images of Nina ran through his head like a tape on rewind, and his favourite scene would be the one of her smiling genuinely at him and of course, when they had kissed. He sighed as he recalled her walking out of his house this morning and suddenly regretted not stopping her. Hearing his mother's words in his ears again, he closed his eyes and whispered,

        "Yes, mom. I love her."

        And his mother smiled in his chest.

 

 


Hey cupcakes! I've returned with chapter 17! *throws confetties* OMG thank you guys so much for subscribing and commenting on my story. I love you guys! By the way, your comments really made my day. Hehehe.. some of you predicted that Nina would stay, but I'm sorry to have to disappoint you guys. Now now, don't go running off just yet. I promise I'll make everything better again. 

I've read all the comments I received for TWB, and I made sure to reply every single one of them. Your comments are seriously so wonderful that I can't stop myself from smiling everytime I read them. Reading your opinions on my updates are really fascinating. So, you guys really believed that Nina was going to stay and maybe end up as his REAL girlfriend? Hmmm... we'll find out about that later. Hehehe... so keep coming with the comments, sweets. I really love them! Knowing that you guys think that my version of TWB is better than the original novel made me feel so happy and excited. Thank you so much for your love, cupcakes! Oh, and do upvote too, kay?

I love you all!!! <3 <3