The Wedding Breaker

The Wedding Breaker

 

        Kris Wu was known for his cold exterior, cold and penetrating gaze and not to mention his anger management. People feared him due to his capability of bringing people down with just one snap of his finger. Girls swoon over him but never dared to ask him out for they fear they'd be rejected, and his female employees only dared to drool over him from afar as they are not willing to put their jobs at risk. A female employee had even suffered the loss of her job after throwing a flirty wink at the young CEO.

        Kris was fearless of the people around him. No one dares to deny him nor go against what he says. Not only he held power as the CEO of one of the biggest company in Korea, he was smart and was very good in his job. Despite his young age, Kris was looked up to by many other businessmen and women in the business industry and became an idol to many young business students.

        But alas, Kris is just like any other human being in the planet. He has a weakness, a weakness that many of his rivals or enemies may use against him. A weakness which is also a source of his strength for twenty five years: his mother.

        And here he is, standing still-shocked at the front door at the sight of his mother.

        His mother was known to all as the generous lady who had lent more than enough help in society. She was always around during charity events, and was known to be one of the biggest donor in whatever charity despite her effort of keeping it a secret. Mrs Wu, unlike her husband and son, was always smiling and kind to others. She loves her son to bits but she does not tolerate it whenever he does something that might ruin his own image and the reputation of the family.

        "Eomma."

        "Thought I'd find you here," his mother said casually and stepped inside the house. Kris automatically moved aside to let his mother in and closed the door behind him.

        "What brought you here?" Kris asked.

        "Why? Can't I see my son when I miss him?" Mrs Wu questioned with a raised eyebrow.

        Kris chuckled nervously and shook his head. "Of course you can. I was just surprised. You didn't even call to tell me you were coming."

        "I just thought I'd stay for the night. I just happened to finish some work around the area and I'm too tired to go back to the city.  Hope you don't mind, sweetheart." his mother said as she took off her coat, Kris assissting her.

        "Of course not." Kris replied. I'm screwed!

        "Is it me or does the house seems more... homey now?" Mrs Wu suddenly asked as she headed towards the living room.

        Kris quickly followed. "Uh, it's the same to me."

        "No. There's something different here. Like as if the house has been blessed with a woman's touch."

        What? How does she know all that? Kris then mentally facepalmed himself. Of course she knows. She's a woman!

        His mother suddenly turned to him with a raised eyebrow and pointed to the sofa. "Is that my romance novel, Kris?"

        The male eyed the novel which Nina had read before dinner and mentally sighed. "Uh, yes it is."

        "You read romance novel?" his mother asked suspiciously. "Or is there something you're not telling me?"

        "Uh..."

        A sudden clank was heard from the kitchen, causing the two to turn to the direction in surprise. Kris felt like his heart was about to jump out of his chest as his mother starts making her way there. He kept his poker face on and quickly trailed after his mother.

        I'm dead.

        They walked into the kitchen to find an empty dinner table and Nina with her back against them, standing at the sink. She appeared to be washing her utensils after dinner, totally clueless of the presence behind her.

        "Who is she, Kris?" Mrs Wu whispered as she eyed the young lady before her.

        . What am I gonna say? No, what if eomma remembers her face from the wedding? Double !

        Nina turned and nearly jumped out her skin as she spotted the two figures. She didn't know who the elder woman was but she was nervous at the sight of the sudden... guest.

        "Hello, child." Mrs Wu said as she realised that her son was utterly useless at the moment. "May I ask who you are?"

        "Uh, i'm-"

        "She's my girlfriend."

        Nina's eyes widened in surprise as Mrs Wu turned to her son. Kris had a calm expression on his face but only God knows how nervous he was at the moment.

        "Really? How come I didn't know this?"

        "You didn't ask." Kris simply replied.

        Mrs Wu rolled her eyes at him and turned back to Nina who was still frozen. "What's your name, child?"she asked with her motherly voice, allowing Nina to feel calm after the sudden surprise.

        "K-Kim Nina..." she replied and bowed 90 degrees. "...ma'am."

        Mrs Wu chuckled and waved her hand in front of her face. "Please, dont call me ma'am or madam. I sound old."

        "You are old." Kris .

        "Watch it, Yifan." his mother playfully snapped before gesturing Nina closer towards the dinner table. "Let's all sit down. Kris honey, get me a glass of water, will you?"

        Without a word, Kris nodded and eyed Nina, telling her to play along with his eyes. Luckily, Nina understood and was too shocked to think it through. She complied and nervously took a seat at the opposite of the elder lady.

        "How old are you, Nina?"

        "Twenty four, ma- i mean, Mrs Wu."

        "Ah.. such young age. Do you live here with Kris?"

        "No, she doesn't." Kris answered as he placed two glasses of water in front of the two ladies and sat down. "She came to accompany me here since I'm lonely and I needed a break from the hassle of the city and work."

        "I see..." Mrs Wu nodded and took a sip of her water.

        Meanwhile, Kris and Nina exchanged glances which went unnoticed by the elder woman.

        What are you doing?

        Just play along or we're both dead.

        She's going to remember me from the church.

        Your funeral, not mine.

        What? I-

        "So, how long have you two been dating?" Mrs Wu suddenly asked, catching the two offguard.

        "Just recently." Kris answered without hesitation.

        Nina mentally sighed in relief. Luckily it's a logical lie since it wasn't that long since the supposed wedding.

        "Uh-huh..." , she doesn't seem to buy it.

        "Don't worry, eomma. She knows about the wedding." Kris quickly assured her, thinking that that was what bothered her.

        "Oh!" she exclaimed, totally surprised before turning to Nina. "You do?"

        "Yes, Mrs Wu." Nina answered politely while trying to hide the panic in her voice. You'd be more than surprise if you knew it was me.

        "I see... Well, what do you think about it?"

        "Ne?"

        "The whole thing! Horrible, isn't it? I know Kris could be a wild bunch when it comes to socialising, but I doubt he would've been that careless. He would never get a girl pregnant out of wedlock!" Mrs Wu rambled, not noticing the fact that the girl's face was now as pale as sheet while her son was smirking in victory.

        "If I find that girl, I'd give her a piece of my mind!"

        You're dead, Kim Nina.

 


 

AYO WASSUUUP SUBBIES??! :D

Sorry if there's any grammar or spelling mistakes. If you spot any, do inform me. Thank you!

Hope you liked it! ^^