Victory.

Shori The Victory

The next day, I discharged from the hospital and to my surprise Sakura sensei too. I saw her parents were at the counter to settle the payments and Sakura sensei looked so sad. She didn’t even turn to me whereas I’m standing not far from her. I walked towards them and slightly patted at her arm.

“Sensei, I thought you are going to stay here for a while for the operations?” I asked.

“Sato-kun, Yuuzuki-chan will not be going to have any operation. She refused to do it.” Her mom replied and smiled to me.

“But, sensei will not be able to swim anymore. Who is going to teach me after this?” I asked.

“There will be a new tutor for you.” Sensei replied. Her parents bowed to us and walked away. Her tone explained clearly that I’m the one who caused her dream vanished. I just looked at her walking away without saying anything. I do feel guilty but I don’t mean to. I didn’t expect this will happen. I heard the kidnappers has been arrested and I’m glad to know that but I’m not happy when sensei did this to me.

-The next Saturday-

I came to the clubhouse hoping that sensei would have taken her words back. I’m really hoping when I saw a tutor is stretching at my left. “Hello there. I will be your new tutor. Replacing Sakurako sensei due to injuries she couldn’t teach you anymore. Shall we start?” She asked.

The tutor who is standing in front me does look like a teacher. The way she talks and her face tells that she is older than me. I don’t care about this anymore. I just want Sakura sensei to teach me. That new teacher continue teaching me starting from where Sakura sensei had just stop. Right when the 12 in the afternoon strike, I bowed and thank to that new teacher and quickly change into my casual uniform.

I need to go back early since dad is coming back for lunch. Mom asked me not to wander anywhere and have lunch at home with everyone. I was walking at the lounge but suddenly my eyes caught a view that I used to know before. I stopped at my tracks and ran to her.

“Sensei! Sakura sensei!” I called. She turned around after bowing to the head of swimming tutor.

“Yes?” She asked. Oh? Her voice doesn’t not sound mad anymore.

“Can we have a talk for a while?” I asked.

-At the garden outside of the clubhouse-

“Sensei, first thing that I want to say is, please don’t be mad at me anymore. I know it was my fault because I asked you out for lunch and I’m really sorry for causing all the trouble but I can’t stand when sensei ignore me when we were in the hospital.” I said.

“Why do you say that? We are now strangers and I’m not your sensei anymore.” She asked back. I turned to her, seeing herself starring down to her laps. Should I say it now? Is it okay?

“No! You are still my sensei! No matter what you are the first to listen to my problem and you teach me very well until I can master the basic just in two weeks.” I said.

“But now there is nothing you can do when I can’t even swim anymore. My dream is to be the representative for the Olympic competition. That is my objective but now it is already ruined.” She replied.

“PLEASE FORGIVE ME SENSEI. I KNOW IT IS MY FAULT. I SHOULD NOT HAVE ASK YOU OUT THAT DAY.” I said and knelt down in front of her, clasping both of her hands; pleading for forgiveness. I don’t know why but tears started to roll down to my cheeks as water dripping from my fringe. I didn’t dry my hair properly. Hope she didn’t realize it.

“Sato-kun! Please don’t do this. Stand up. People will see it.” She said.

“No. I won’t stand until you forgive me.” I said again, covering my face from letting her seeing that I’m shedding tears now.

“Okay. Okay. I forgive you. Please stand up. Sit here.” She said and held my hands as she patted at the empty space next to her. I stood up and sat on the bench. “But actually, I never mad at you.”

“You lied.”

“No. I’m serious. I never mad at you because of the incident. I was just frustrated that I’m too weak to handle this all by myself. I was just too depressed when I can’t swim anymore to release my tensions. But still, even you pleaded me to teach you swimming, I have to refuse. I can’t teach anymore.”

“But I still want to. Maybe you couldn’t swim but you can still teach me without even getting into the water.”

“No. That won’t do the trick. Why do you want me to be your teacher? Your new tutor is far better comparing to myself who is still not matured enough to be a professional.” She said.

“I…because I… because I accidentally like you sensei.” I finally spoke it out. The atmosphere suddenly became quiet and awkward.

“I really like you, sensei. I just like the way you teach me, the way you talk to me and everything. I just want to be with you.” I said.

“But I don’t have any feelings towards you. Sorry, I can’t.”

“I don’t mind as long as we still can be friends at least. Or at least I can contact you.” I said.

“If you really like me… I need a favor from you.”

“Yes. Everything. Just tell me.”

“Please forget about me. I can’t really have any relationship with you.” What? I feel like my heart is shattering and the world became dark and lifeless. “I’m sorry Sato-kun. I can’t. I need to go now and good luck.” She said and ran away, leaving me behind speechless. I didn’t expect she would have said that. I feel like a knife stabbing through my small heart.

~*~* Shori The Victory ~*~*

Since from that moment I have never seen her anywhere. I tried to stay at the clubhouse for quite long, in case she would drop by and try to swim again but there is no sign of her presence. I have been wandering around the clubhouse like this for so many weeks and tried to contact her but there is no answer. I searched for her house and got the information from the clubhouse. Unexpectedly when I reached to the front door, I saw a banner saying the house is ready for sold.

“Where could sensei be?”

“Are you looking for the owner of this house, boy?” An old woman approached.

“Yes. Can I know where they are now?”

“The whole family have moved out. To what I know their daughter Yuuzuki-chan is going to have an operation for her shoulder.” She said. She told me the hospital address as well.

I thought of visiting Sakura sensei at the hospital but I need to get back home early because I have swimming competition tomorrow.

-The Next Day-

Today is the big day for me. I was waiting for my name to be called but then my eyes shifted to the audience seats. I’m expecting for Sakura sensei to come and watch me winning the competition like during the district level. Sadly, she was not there. I must win this game and more or less, it can cure Sakura sensei’s sadness. "Who are you looking for?" Someone asked while I was looking at the audience seats as I turned to my right.

"Eh? Do you speak Japanese?" I was shocked when there is a boy who can speaks Japanese but you can never expect it at first because he looks like a foreigner. 

"No. I speak Malay." He provoked and blurted into a big laughter. Okay. Fine. 

"Sorry, I was a bit nervous and waiting for my teacher to come but seems she is not coming after all." I replied.

"I see. My name is Marius." he said and reached out his hand.

"Calling upon Sato Shori from Horikoshi Academy..." the announcer already called me before I get to introduce myself.

"Oh. I'm Sato Shori. I need to go now. Nice to meet you and good luck for your race." I said and stood up from my seat.

"And you too. Don't be nervous. Just relax."

"I will and thank you."


Remember…. Your name brings victory. You can win and believe in yourself.” Sakura sensei’s voice whispered in my mind. I nearly lose to the participant next to me but after I heard those motivating words I speed up and I won this time! I know this won’t give any help where the medal will write my name as the winner for under 18 state level but not Olympic. But at least I give a try.

After the game ends, I took a bouquet of flower and the medal I received. I ran towards the hospital and coincidence I met this one shop. Yes. This will be my last present for her before I enter to the entertainment world next year. This game will be the last and I have achieved what I want. I can now swimming without any fear towards the pool. But I will always remember, I like sensei because I like swimming. That brings me hope to still practice and practice until I succeed.

Yuuzuki’s POV

I was lying on the bed, pressing the remote controller as the channel keeps on changing. But then, I heard a loud knock revealing the nurse with a wrapping and a bouquet of flowers in her hands. “Sakurako-san, this is for you.”

“Oh. Thank you.” She said. The nurse helped me sit and hand in the flowers and the wrapping. It was hard for me to sit after the operation and I still feel sleepy because of the anesthetic side effect.  

“What is this?” I flipped front and back and opened the wrapping. I saw a gold medal in it and took it out.

“Who could have given this to me?”

    Sakurako Yuuzuki. First runner under 18 State level 2010

My name on this medal? But I have never participate in this competition before. There was a note in between on the flowers as I took it out.

    Sensei, I’m really sorry for my behavior 4 months ago. I don’t mean to hurt you and I do feel sad when you left me that day. But that won’t make me stop working out towards swimming. I realised I cannot force someone to love me back and I regret for making you leave. Every time I swim, I always remember you. That is the only way for me to get hopes. I guess you have seen what is inside the wrapping. I won that medal today for the National level and changed my name to yours. I give this to you as my last present since I couldn’t get the change to treat you lunch. This competition will be the last in my life as I’m going to be a star next year. My life will sure be very hectic with the schedules and I hope you keep it well. Stay healthy and please watch me on tv.

From,

Sato Shori

I don’t know what to say as I can feel my heart is aching. I shed tears reading this sweet note. Sato-kun came here to visit me but I guess he don’t want to come in because he thinks I might run away again. Thank you Sato-kun. I know you can do very well and you believed in yourself that ‘Shori Means Victory’


Shori’s POV

“Sato-san?” Marius voice made me snapped out to reality. Everyone was staring at me as if I did something wrong.

“Y-yes?”

“Do you know Sakurako-san? You called her name just now.” Yura-chan asked me.

“Yes and it is a long story for me to explain. Can you excuse us for a while? I have a talk with her.” I said and took her wrist with me, walking out from that room.

-Shori and Yuuzuki-

“It has been 3 years after I saw you for the last time. How are you doing, Sakura-…Yuuzuki-san?” I started.

“I’m doing fine. Thank you for the present. I really appreciate it.” She said.

“You’re welcome. What have made you here?”

“I just want to congratulate you for your Real y single release. Congratulation!” She said.

“Haha.. thanks. Sensei..”

“Sato-kun.. I think I have clearly told you not to call me sensei outside of the clubhouse.” She glared at me.

“Sorry.. sorry. So how is it now? Can you….ermm.. swim?”

“I don’t know. After the operation I had never try. I’m afraid to swim again.” She said but then I heard a rolling can behind us. I turned around seeing the members including our stylist, Yura-chan was spying on us.

-y Zone and Ashioka Yura-

"I think I have met her somewhere but I can't really remember." Said Kento, squishing his brain hard to remember.

"Isn't this girl is his swimming tutor?" Fuma interrupted. 

"HA! NOW I REMEMBER! YES! YES! But how do you know?" Kento asked back, turning to Fuma whom was beneath him.

"I went for the district competition before to watch my schoolmates and yeah she was beside me. I heard her friends asked her which one was her private student."

"Uuuuuu, private. Seems Shori-kun is quite....rich eh.." Sou interrupted. "Well, I still remember when I was the one who dragged him into swimming last 4 years. Isn't it awesome to know he is doing well? Oh and I helped him to overcome his fear towards pool.

"You were in the same school with him? I thought you attended....." Kento spoke in but before he finishes his line Sou cut into the conversation.

"I was but only a year then I moved out." 

"Ah.. So this is the sensei that he mentioned last 4 years too. I see." Marius spoke in, the angel at the very bottom, beneath Sou. Everyone turned to him in terrified. 

"You met him too?" All the members echoed. 

"Yeah. During the national level. He was looking for someone and I asked Sato-san. He said he was looking for his teacher. I see. Hmm, pretty though." Marius replied and chuckled. 

"So, basically all of you met before debut as a member in y Zone. How good it is if I can meet Sato-kun too. Then I can slot into the conversation." Yura mumbled. Everyone burst into laugther but then when they realise, Shori and Yuuzuki was not there anymore.

"EH WHERE ARE THEY?!" Kento freaked out.

-At the clubhouse-

“So that case, shall we have a try?” I asked, stood up from my seat. Sakura sensei asked me where we are heading. I just shut my mouth and we reached to a private swimming pool not far from company.

“Here. I bought this before but I forgot to give this to you.” I said and gave her a piece of swimming suit and goggle. After that, we go and get change into swimming attire and I did some stretching while waiting for Sakura sensei.

“Sato-kun, I’m not confident with it. I’m afraid I will get drown after 3 years I didn’t swim at all.” She said.

“Never mind, we have two experts now. Aren’t we? If you drown after this, I will be the swimming tutor for you.” I said. We broke into a laughter and get ready on the plane. “I hope this time I can win against you. But I have never swim for almost 4 years so I guess it will be hard.”

“On a count of 3. 1 ,  2 and 3!” Both of us glide in the water as I do front like the first time I race with Sakura sensei. This reminds me when the first time I drown, I did the duck paddling and many more. The memories came across as I can feel myself smiling in the water.

“Hey! That is not fair! I thought you have never swim after the operation!” I squealed.

“Yeah. I didn’t. But that doesn’t mean I forgot all the techniques.” She stuck her tongue at me and raced back towards the starting line. Looks like I have to treat her lunch again. Hewwww~ what a nice exercise. 

~*~* THE END ~*~*

Yay. It is already end! Then I can concentrate for Fake, Spin-off: Badminton! and Lost. But before that, need to settle them after exam and I can write as much as I want. Thank you for reading! :D