I challenge you - Sou

Shori The Victory

While I was cleaning my room, I found a medal and a photo of me with Sakura sensei. This was 2 years ago, before I was been announce to debut in a band named y Zone. No. I can’t call her sensei anymore. She has retire from tutoring and now I don’t know where she is. My life is so busy with schedule until I can’t get the chance to contact her anymore and I don’t know whether this number is still valid or not.

I fished out more things from the box and found a scroll tied with ribbon. I can’t remember what it is and untied the ribbon to see the content. It was the music score that I played with guitar for Yuuzuki but it was a failure. I remember when I used to hang out with her, every day gives me hope and I tend to forget angriness and painful things I’ve ever experience before.

“Sato-san, let’s go.” Marius said as he peeked into my room. I quickly put back all the things into the box and hide them under the dressing table. Even at night, we still have schedule to settle. Never mind, after this one hour I can go back early and kiss my pillow.

Marius pushed the door and we headed to the living room. I saw the others were still there, sitting on the couch comfortably while Nakajima-san and Kikuchi-san flipped to their magazines as Sou kept on pressing the remote controller.

“Erm, aren’t we supposed to go now?” I said, pointing at the exit door.

“Na-ah. We have to wait Yura-chan first.” Nakajima-san replied. Errr? I heard footsteps thumping softly behind us and I quickly turned around seeing Yura-chan brought visitors with her.

“Sorry I’m late. We have a visitor here. Sakurako Yuuzuki.” Said Yura-chan. Sakurako Yuuzuki? I’ve heard this name before.

“Hi, Sato-kun.” she greeted.

“SAKURA SENSEI?! IS THAT REALLY YOU?”    


I was walking in the hallway when I saw Miyuu right in front of me, talking to the boys around her. “Miyuu-chan, what else do you like to do?” One of them asked.

“I love a guy who likes to swim. Hehehe” She said. W-why? From all everything in the world why she has to do with swimming? I can’t. Please don’t choose that.

“Hey.” He whispered. My friend nudged me at the arms and made me back to reality.

“What?”

“I heard she likes you. I don’t know whether it is true or not but that is what I heard. Rumours are spreading quite fast lately.” He whispered again. Is it true? So that means I don’t have to jump and swim just to make her impress? Do I have to?

“I don’t think so.”

“Whatever it is, I will try to give you the latest update.” He said again. What the… Are you working as a stalker right now? Just to give me information? Well it is a good thing though. Thanks friend. When I was talking to him, I just realised Miyuu-chan turned to me. Oh-uh, she is walking to my direction now. Oh my god. What should I do next? Just stand here like a statue? Or shall I run away?

“Sato-kun, I heard you are very good in swimming. Shall we go out and swim someday?” Miyuu-chan asked. My mouth shut thousand words. I don’t know what to reply her. I…..I can’t swim. I have aqua phobia. Please don’t torture me.

“You know how to swim Sato Shori?”

“Really?”

“I never knew that. What I know you have always spend your time reading your books.”

They started to storm me with questions. Someone please take me out of this crowd. I don’t want to answer their questions. Please.. anybody. Help me.

“I….I…..”

“Shori-kun knows how to swim and he is really good at it. I’m sure everyone wants to see him swimming right?” One of them interrupted. I turned around and found Matsushima Sou was walking towards us. Not you again..

“Really?!” They echoed.

“Yeah. I’ve seen him swimming before and you guys should see. Maybe one day you will be inspired by him.” He said. I can sensed he is trying to push me in trouble. From the beginning, he doesn’t like me and I don’t know what is his problem.

“Okay then. How about we swim together next month? The first weekend. See you there” Miyuu-chan said and bid goodbye. Next month? I only left one week from today. Everyone have left except Matsushima Sou and myself.

“WHAT’S YOUR PROBLEM?! YOU KNOW I CAN’T SWIM!” I screamed, holding his collar.

“Chill bro. It is not hard as you thought. You’ve had swim before right? So what’s the problem? Are you scared of water? Scary cat? Let me have some fun before I moved out from Horikoshi.” He smirked and pushed my hands.

“Don’t you dare calling me that!” I was so angry with him and nearly punched his face but then something made me remind about him. My fist stopped right in front of his face as I pulled back and walked away, leaving him behind smirking by himself.

I’ve more things to think of rather than talking to this son of zero manner. After school I’ve to go to Johnny and practice before I debut as a singer. But before that shall I give a try? Maybe my fear towards pool of water has gone? It is just that I didn’t give a try for 4 years. I should. I must give a try.

Narrator’s POV 

Shori went to the changing room and changed into his swimming trunk. He peeked out to the pool and found nobody was there except by himself. He make sure there is nobody when he is going to give a try. “Good. I’ve check the classes schedule and there is no class supposed to have PE right now. Everything is clear!” He said and jumped out from the room.

He went near the pool but suddenly he felt his knees started to shake. It feels nervous at its max. He squatted and glanced into the water, watching his own reflection as his arms hugged to his legs. “How shall I do this? I have not more than a week before Miyuu-chan sees me. If she knows I can’t swim then what would the others say? I can’t bear with the laughter towards my fear with water. It is just lame. Who’d have started the rules like this? Laughing to those who are lack in something.  No. I don’t mean I’m lack in everything. It is just….. It just that I’m afraid of swimming pool. Please don’t ask why but what it was because of the incident 4 years ago. That incident is really clear and fresh in my mind. How could I forget about it. Shall I give a try?”

He muttered to himself. Without he realised, Sou was watching him from outside, beckoning Shori. He saw Shori put his foot little by little into the water but then took it out back. Shori ran away from the Olympic pool and get into the small pool with only 1 meter high. Sou smirked and left the place after what he saw.

Shori’s POV

What is happening to me? It is just only 250 meter deep. Why should I be scared of it? I started to sweat and fanning myself. In a meter high wouldn’t be a problem right? I put my right leg into the water and slowly put the other one in. Yay! I finally make both of my legs into the water! After 4 years, now I can make it. I tried to walk into the water but then my legs were froze at it spot.

Brain please react. I need to move at least an inch! Even in this one meter high I couldn’t walk. It froze as if I’m having cramp legs. This can’t be. It is worse. Much worse than what I expect. I need to attend a swimming class and take intermediate class as well so that I can master everything just in one pick. If this is what Miyuu-chan wants from a guy, then I shall give it to her. I will do anything for her. You will know how sincere I am for liking you more than 2 years but you never realise it. And when that time, you will know how much love I give you as if the distance from the bottom of the Earth till the 7 layers of the sky.