That Should Be Me

L. Joe, My Secret Fiancé

Hana felt something weird rush over her body when she accompanied Minji to visit L.Joe in the hospital. Apparently, she told Minji that she overheard the teachers talking about L.Joe confined in a hospital.

Minji seemed to believe her and didn’t ask for more.

And now, they arrived at the hospital and are walking towards L.Joe’s room.

Hana suddenly felt something wrong with her. She feels sick but she is perfectly fine and healthy. It’s weird though. She hasn’t felt something like this before.

Minji looked at her. “Are you okay, Hana?” She asked.

Hana smiled weakly and nodded. “Of course.” She replied.

Minji nodded. “Okay.” She said. “Sorry for pulling you into this. You should be having fun with Jiho right now.” She beamed apologetically.

Hana laughed. “No. No. It’s fine. Really.” She assured. “Let’s just visit the love of your life.” She beamed as they walked towards L.Joe’s room.

Minji sighed. “I still can’t believe I didn’t know that he is here since yesterday. I feel so useless as a girlfriend.” She sulked.

Hana looked at Minji and softened. She sees how she sulks on being the last one to know that L.Joe is in the hospital. She must have loved him too much. And she will be hurt more than how Hana could even imagine when she knows about her best friend and the love her life.

Imagining how hurt her best friend will be is just too harsh and hard on Hana. She couldn’t stomach the fact that she will be the reason for her soul sister’s heart break.

They reached L.Joe’s room.

Minji turned the knob and saw L.Joe in the bed with all the IV fluids and in a hospital gown. Her heart hurt. Why didn’t she know better and earlier?

“Oppa.” She spoke and ran to give L.Joe a hug.

L.Joe was obviously shocked but he smiled and hugged her back.

Minji was crying already. She can’t really see L.Joe like this. He looks weak. And she let him be without even visiting him. Without even knowing.

L.Joe chuckled. “Yah, why are you crying?” He asked as he looked at Minji and wiped her tears. As much as he could, he doesn’t want to see her cry.

Minji frowned. “I’m useless, right?” she asked. “You are sick and I didn’t even know you are sick.” She added.

L.Joe looked at her, softened. So if she thinks she’s useless because she didn’t know he was sick, then what would L.Joe call himself when he knew that he will hurt her big time in the future because of getting engaged to her best friend?

Then, useless will be an understatement for him.

“How did you know anyway?” L.Joe asked.

Minji pouted. “Hana overheard the teachers talking about you being confined in a hospital.” She replied. “Good thing she did overhear or I will have no clue until you get out of here.” She hit L.Joe’s chest.

That instant, L.Joe saw Hana by the door. She was standing there and watching them.

He looked at her facial expression and he couldn’t read it.

Hana is smiling but there’s more to that. He knows it.

Technically, he has seen her smile numerous numbers of times. He has seen how her face would light up whenever she’s happy. He has seen how she looks like an angel when she smiles.

But right now.

He knows she is not happy. He doesn’t know if she’s sad but she’s definitely not happy. Her smile gives off a different feel.

“She even accompanied me here.” Minji brought L.Joe back into his thoughts.

What the hell was he feeling right then?

Why does he feel like he is betraying someone?

Well, he is. He is betraying Minji.

But why does it feel so wrong?

“Oh, really.” Those were the only words that came out of L.Joe’s mouth. He didn’t know what to say, really.

What would Minji feel when she knew that Hana stayed by his side last night?

What would Minji feel when she knew that they are sleeping in one bed every night?

Minji chuckled and let Hana in. “Come on, Hana.” She beamed.

Hana smiled and walked in. “Long time, no see, Lee Byunghun.” She smiled at L.Joe.

It was a smile that meant a million things.

Long time, no see? She just saw him before she left for school today.

L.Joe smiled back at her. “Yeah. Long time, no see, Kim Hana.” He replied.

It was a smile too. But he knew what it meant.

Hana smiled and walked to sit on the couch beside the window.

Minji chuckled at their interaction. She felt like they are starting to get closer which means something to her of course. She has been dreaming of this day to come. The day where her boyfriend and her best friends become friends as well.

Oh, Minji. You dreamed wrongly.

--

Minji has been bonding with L.Joe for about 2 hours now.

And Hana was there. She felt like she is a third wheel. *Damn, I shouldn’t have come.* She thought as she laid herself on the small couch and tried to sleep.

But how could she?

When she hears their chuckles as they bond with each other.

Suddenly, she felt her phone vibrate in her pocket.

Calling Woo Jiho <3…

“Hello?” Hana answered.

“Where is my baby girl right now?” Zico asked from the other line.

Hana chuckled at Zico’s baby voice. “I’m at the hospital.” She replied.

“What?! What are you doing there? Are you sick? Why didn’t you tell me?” Zico asked hysterically.

“Chill. I just accompanied Minji to her boyfriend who’s confined.” She replied then she heard Zico sigh in relief.

“Do you want me to go there?” He asked.

“Can you?” Hana asked.

“Of course! I know you feel like a third wheel there, babe. You need your only one.” Zico beamed.

Hana chuckled. “Oh. 100 on point, Woo Jiho!” She beamed. “Okay. I’ll be waiting for you.” She replied as she hung up.

L.Joe looked at Hana when she said Woo Jiho’s name. He suddenly felt this thing again. The first time he felt this was 2 nights ago. When Hana went out to eat dinner with Zico.

It was uncomfortable.

He thought it was because he didn’t eat that night that he felt like this.

But now.

Minji is feeding him food but why does he feel that way again?

It’s weird to feel like that when he hears Hana talking or talked or had a date or met with Zico. It’s weird. He knows that Hana is Zico’s girlfriend. He is aware.

But what is this?

“Is Jiho coming?” Minji asked the same question he wanted to ask.

Hana looked at them and nodded. “He’s dropping by.” She smiled then turned to the TV again. It was a replay of Running Man.

Minji looked at the screen almost squealed. “Omo! Look at that, Kim Hana! It’s Lee Kwangsoo!” She beamed.

Hana laughed at Kwangsoo on the TV. “He’s so funny!!!!” She was laughing to death.

L.Joe looked at Hana laughing her heart out. It was the first time he saw her laugh like this. And it feels really good to see her happy like this.

Minji chuckled. “Yoo Jaesuk is slaving our Kwangsoo again.” She beamed as she laughed out loud as well.

Then a knock came.

Hana looked at door and went to open it. She smiled widely as she saw Zico on the door. “Miss me already?” He asked her as he gave her a big big hug.

Hana chuckled. “No. I was watching Lee Kwangsoo.” She said as she went back to her original place. She looked at L.Joe. “Uh, sorry if you don’t mind Jiho being here, Lee Byunghun.” She told L.Joe.

L.Joe threw Zico a meaningful look. “Yeah. Of course.” He replied half heartedly.

He really didn’t want to have him here. But if he shoo him away, Hana will follow him.

But what is that to him anyway?

He doesn’t know.

L.Joe watched Hana laugh at the TV screen and Zico wrapping his arms around her. Damn. It made him feel really uncomfortable.

He watched them bond together. Somehow, like what Minji and he did just moments ago.

He suddenly felt a pang in his heart. What the hell? Did his ulcer rise up to his heart? Is that even possible?

Because as he watch Hana enveloped in someone else’s arms, the pain increases.

Damn Kim Hana for everything that she is making L.Joe feel right now?

He doesn’t understand himself.

But there is only one thing in his mind. *That should be me.* He clenched his fist.